'Switch Account' on PC Xbox App Not Working, Keeps Logging Into Wrong Microsoft Account

Discus and support 'Switch Account' on PC Xbox App Not Working, Keeps Logging Into Wrong Microsoft Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; First, I've always been a console gamer. My Xbox account that I've used since the 360 is tied to a Hotmail address I no longer use. My Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RHJJRYAN, Feb 10, 2023.

1. RHJJRYAN
    RHJJRYAN Guest

'Switch Account' on PC Xbox App Not Working, Keeps Logging Into Wrong Microsoft Account

First, I've always been a console gamer. My Xbox account that I've used since the 360 is tied to a Hotmail address I no longer use. My Microsoft account that I manage my family on is through a gmail account. Obviously all of my purchases, etc are tied to the Xbox specific account.

I've installed the Xbox app on my new PC that I got today (Win 11). It wants to log me into an account I've never used tied to that gmail account. I've tried to hit the button that says 'Switch Account' but a white box appears for .1 of a second if that and I can't read anything on it before it disappears. I've repaired/reset the Xbox app, restarted, made sure all windows updates were done, etc and still can't login to the correct account so I can access my Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

If I select 'Let's Play' and login to this account it made for me that I've never used on my Xbox using the newer Microsoft account. go to 'Settings' and click 'Change My Microsoft Store Account' it opens the Microsoft Store which is also signed into this newer Microsoft account that's not the Xbox one. I can successfully sign out but then when I click on 'Sign In' it does a similar thing to the Xbox app where something appears super quick and disappears. I'm unable to sign back in without reset/repairing the App Store app. Once I do that it auto logs me back into that newer account.

How in the world do I resolve this? I've tried a few things I've seen in other threads but nothing seems to be working.

:)

RHJJRYAN, Feb 10, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Need help with all these 'xbox app' and games related problem.

Hi

sorry to hear.

1. If you're signed in to a local account switch to a Microsoft account (under settings, account, your info, sign in with Microsoft account) and remove any other Microsoft accounts under email and app accounts in the same menu.
    2. If youre already on a Microsoft account then switch to local the same way as in step one, then remove all microsoft accounts under email and app accouns in the same menu (no need to worry you only lose any emails on the pc)
    3. There are two directories in "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker", Accounts and Cache. Each folder has one file in it. Delete them both, and try to log in to the xbox app again, it should work
      now.
    Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  4. CameronTerry2 Win User

Need to buy Minecraft again after migration?

You probably signed into the wrong microsoft account thats what i did and it worked once i switched the account i was logging in to
  5. Malacath Win User

Remove store account

I want to keep my windows account (work emails) intact on my pc - there is no option to remove/change within the xbox beta app, so that account will still be logged in if there is no way to change it.
    I don't believe you can be logged into two microsoft accounts at the same time.

Just have two Windows accounts on your PC. One for your works account and one for gaming.
  6. Mr. Trust_A Win User

GamePass Tab Not Showing in Xbox App (PC)

Do you have multiple Microsoft accounts, could it be that you may have logged into the wrong account?

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Xbox app installed on your PC.

Thanks,
Thema:

1. 'Switch Account' on PC Xbox App Not Working, Keeps Logging Into Wrong Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - 'Switch Account' App

2. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  3. Can’t switch Xbox account on pc Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t switch Xbox account on pc Xbox app: Hi can anyone help I’m trying to switch to my Xbox account with the Xbox app on pc but it’s not letting me it singing the last account that was originally signed in...
  4. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App: As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be...
  5. Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the...: So I recently installed windows 11 and setup the PC with primary account A. When I went to use the xbox app the account had automatically signed in. I went to sign out and sign in to the correct...
  6. I can't switch accounts in the Xbox PC app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't switch accounts in the Xbox PC app.: I want to sign into a secondary Microsoft account in the Xbox PC App. When I first tried to, the app told me to log in with Windows Hello, which I haven't done. By clicking cancel, it gave me a...
  7. XBOX app refuses to allow me to switch accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX app refuses to allow me to switch accounts: I have separate accounts for windows and XBOX. XBOX app automatically sings me into the Windows account and won't let me switch. Even if I get to the screen that says this is not me, clicking on...
  8. Unable to switch account through xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to switch account through xbox app: I am unable to switch accounts. I have 2 accounts on my PC, my main email which is alt gaming and my alt email which is main gaming. The Xbox app will only allow me to sign in to my alt gaming as...
  9. Can't switch accounts on xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't switch accounts on xbox app: Hi, I can't switch accounts on my app for xbox live. I'm on Windows 10 and just setting up this laptop and mistakenly made a new account instead of signing into my previous account. All my games...
  10. Xbox app: “not you? Switch accounts” button not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app: “not you? Switch accounts” button not working: I’ve read other threads and I’ve reset and repaired the app but he button still doesn’t work. Any ideas? 4226a7cb-e893-43b8-a6b1-f20cc2443d56