Swearing and code of conduct

Discus and support Swearing and code of conduct in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just wanting to know why I can get a communication ban for swearing on a game that's 18. I mostly play Call of duty and Friday the 13th and those games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Born 2 kill1997, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Swearing and code of conduct

Just wanting to know why I can get a communication ban for swearing on a game that's 18. I mostly play Call of duty and Friday the 13th and those games have lots of swearing and violence but when I try to swear in frustration or anything like that I get
    banned for 2 2 weeks.

It's annoying that the Xbox one's code of conduct doesn't let you say anything without it being reported. They're censoring people and taking away they're freedom of speech. I know that hate speech and racism shouldn't be allowed, But can swearing get you
    banned when the game you where playing was meant for people who are over the age of 18. I'd also like to say that being banned for 2 weeks is too long why not just 1 week for the first 2 suspensions and if you keep getting reported then it should be added
    up to 2

Not being able to talk to your friends in anyway is also not fair. If I was suspended by some random player I met online then I shouldn't be able to talk in game other than people in my party. Why not just allow people to talk to their friends and have everyone
    else muted until the bad is gone

:)

Born 2 kill1997, Oct 15, 2017
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Banned For Something i didnt know was bannable

You're essentially breaking multiple code of conduct rules by purchasing a gamertag which is why it's more severe than something like swearing on Live.

Smwutches, Oct 15, 2017
  3. Qualedog
    Qualedog Guest
    Ban from communication for a day

Communicating via messages can be monitored by xbox enforcement. You must have messaged someone using inappropriate or offensive language.

Swearing and being abusive is against the code of conduct and messages are easily monitored.

Qualedog, Oct 15, 2017
  4. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest

The Code of Conduct is in effect for parties just the same.

All communications have to follow the Code of Conduct and be rated "E" for everyone.

Your friends can report you, or something could have been found while another report was being investigated.

Game ratings are only for sales.

Only the enforcement team can enact an enforcement action. Investigations take time. Each report is investigated before an enforcement action is taken.

Actions have consequences.

Just follow the Code of Conduct, it is that simple.

An Old Freak, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    The game's ratings only affect the game play itself. Everything else done on Live has to remain E for everyone.

Smwutches, Oct 15, 2017
    AFTERLIFE 7 XXX, Oct 19, 2017
  7. so what your saying is you guys have a double standard? games we play can have lot of swearing in it if we swear we kick off. Why does it matter to you what we say pervicy in our own home? I feel like you guys are trying to be babysitters really is annoying

AFTERLIFE 7 XXX, Oct 19, 2017
  8. Swearing and code of conduct

No, the ratings on games (as well as TV/Movies, etc.) are provided by the ESRB/IARC., not Microsoft.

Users can say all they want in their homes. When using someone else's products/services (Live for example), users need to follow the service providers rules.

Mistress Sara, Nov 1, 2018
  9. AFTERLIFE 7 XXX Win User

The game's ratings only affect the game play itself. Everything else done on Live has to remain E for everyone.
  10. AFTERLIFE 7 XXX Win User

so what your saying is you guys have a double standard? games we play can have lot of swearing in it if we swear we kick off. Why does it matter to you what we say pervicy in our own home? I feel like you guys are trying to be babysitters really is annoying
  11. An Old Freak Win User

The Code of Conduct is in effect for parties just the same.

All communications have to follow the Code of Conduct and be rated "E" for everyone.

Your friends can report you, or something could have been found while another report was being investigated.

Game ratings are only for sales.

Only the enforcement team can enact an enforcement action. Investigations take time. Each report is investigated before an enforcement action is taken.

Actions have consequences.

Just follow the Code of Conduct, it is that simple.
  12. Smwutches Win User

13. Mistress Sara Win User

so what your saying is you guys have a double standard? games we play can have lot of swearing in it if we swear we kick off. Why does it matter to you what we say pervicy in our own home? I feel like you guys are trying to be babysitters really is annoying
    No, the ratings on games (as well as TV/Movies, etc.) are provided by the ESRB/IARC., not Microsoft.

Users can say all they want in their homes. When using someone else's products/services (Live for example), users need to follow the service providers rules.
Thema:

1. Swearing and code of conduct - Similar Threads - Swearing code conduct

2. This is not normal and i swear to god i'll sue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is not normal and i swear to god i'll sue.: I randomly got my account hacked this morning somehow and i proved my ownership in a Support ticket with the card and all they did was to suspend the account they are telling me "Unfortunately,...
  3. How long is an Xbox ban for swearing

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long is an Xbox ban for swearing: I got a lil bit angry and I said something and I was wondering how long is a swearing ban for?? 50028abe-ab98-43c9-8218-e4fc3f672627
  4. why when someone cusses me out they dont get a ban, but i say a swear and i get a 4 day ban?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why when someone cusses me out they dont get a ban, but i say a swear and i get a 4 day ban?: why when someone cusses me out they dont get a ban, but i say a swear and i get a 4 day ban? this is stupid. Im sick and tired of this. on some occasions, i dont even say the word. i say it...
  5. why was i banned for one swear word

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why was i banned for one swear word: after people accusing me of something bad i never did by the way and i call them b-words and i all of the sudden get a perma ban when they should be banned for harassment about what they accused...
  6. I did not say a swear word should i be banned?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I did not say a swear word should i be banned?: Ok so basically I said mother trucker not the other thing... i dont think i should be banned for this i said it as a joke not an insult. d0b4fcea-a6c4-446b-8948-c7d02eb99713
  7. Why is it that when I play a game with swearing in it I can't swear at a person dissing on me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that when I play a game with swearing in it I can't swear at a person dissing on me?: I got a 2 day suspension for telling someone to get some [mod removed] but in a game rated m for mature (r6) I cant swear at other people who are dissing on me but it's OK for the in game ops the...
  8. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen won't play on my series x. I swear I played it on there before...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen won't play on my series x. I swear I played it on there before...: I put the disc in and I get the error 0x87e10024 stating the disc can't be verified for play. I swear it played on it before, so what's up now? I cleaned the disc, tried other backward...
  9. How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter?: Hello, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I don't typically do this sort of thing, but I've been getting all sorts of confused about how I'm supposed to deal with this situation...
  10. I guess [Mod Removed - Code of Conduct] is a swear

in XBoX on Consoles
    I guess [Mod Removed - Code of Conduct] is a swear: Me and my friends were playing games and we ran into this kid and we killed him. He got all mad and started messaging me. He ended up asking me if I was autistic. I invited him to the party and he...