swapping out hdd

Discus and support swapping out hdd in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 320gb xbox 360 slim and a 4gb xbox 360 slim in another room. Can I use take the hard drive out of the 320 console and use it in the 4gb... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by silverwolfyo8, Jan 5, 2014.

1. swapping out hdd

I have a 320gb xbox 360 slim and a 4gb xbox 360 slim in another room. Can I use take the hard drive out of the 320 console and use it in the 4gb console?

:)

silverwolfyo8, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Tony72495
    Tony72495 Guest
    Pretty soon Xbox One owners will be able to swap hard drives without voiding the warranty.

Tony72495, Jan 5, 2014
  3. loki_d20
    loki_d20 Guest
    Pretty soon Xbox One owners will be able to swap hard drives without voiding the warranty.

Swapping with replacements of the same hardware and not new or different hardware. Upgrading a HDD is changing hardware, not replacing it with the same hardware. They would easily throw back any issues tied to the HDD out stemming from the HDD back to you and cite that you need to handle the issue with the HDD company manufacturer as it isn't the specific hardware they use in their consoles.

If you replaced with the same HDD, that would be covered.

Sent from a Russian Bot Account

loki_d20, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

swapping out hdd

Yes. That shouldn't be a problem.

Smwutches, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

swapping out hdd

Yes. That shouldn't be a problem.
  6. KrisJAllDay Win User

Xbox live/ question for mw3?

All your info is saved on your hard drive(HDD), just swap then out. If you have a older HDD then you will have to transfer your info to the new HDD
  7. bowski477 Win User

swap HDDs

Ahh. There's just a button to remove it from the top and put the higher capacity drive on. We can only advise replacing the hard drive with an official Xbox 360 hard drive or use external storage. Discussion of opening the console or the drive itself is
    not allowed on the forums.
  8. Smwutches Win User

HDD swap

As long as it's the same type of Xbox (ie. fat to fat, Slim to Slim), it will work. A "fat" hard drive would not fit a Slim and would be a terms of use violation if you use it.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

HDD swap?

you will need to fit the drive to your console and then go into system settings/storage and delete your gamer profiles and any games, downloaded content or other items that you don't want to leave on there.
Thema:

swapping out hdd

1. swapping out hdd - Similar Threads - swapping hdd

2. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...
  3. Swapping digital game from old one to new S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Swapping digital game from old one to new S: I bought a digital version of halo master chief collection on my OG Xbox one and I just got myself a new series S is it possible to transfer the digital game to my new Xbox without having to...
  4. Need my sticks to swap when I aim in to shoot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need my sticks to swap when I aim in to shoot: So I want to add the shift button function while still using the LT function. Right now only LT or Shift can be assigned to the left trigger, but not both. I would like to shoot with the left but...
  5. is there any way i could retrieve a stolen/swapped account related to xbox + minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    is there any way i could retrieve a stolen/swapped account related to xbox + minecraft: so a few days ago i was playing on hypixel (a Minecraft server) when a party invited me and asked if i wanted to voice chat on discord. I said yes, so they sent me a discord link to a server that...
  6. OSU issues when swapping a dead HDD to SSD

in XboX Insiders
    OSU issues when swapping a dead HDD to SSD: my X1X has been configured with insider firmware and i cant seem to find the correct OSU to reconfigure my system. everytime i use the OSU1 public release i get stuck in a loop E106/E101 on...
  7. Lost access to Full version of Minecraft Java Edition after HDD swap

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost access to Full version of Minecraft Java Edition after HDD swap: I previously purchased a copy of Minecraft Java Edition and used to be able to play normally without any issue. I migrated accounts from Mojang to Microsoft with no problem and was still able to...
  8. Need help please xbox hdd swap error e101

in XboX Insiders
    Need help please xbox hdd swap error e101: Trying to upgrade hdd but I'm an insider so I'm getting e101 errors since the update is older how can I get the new update on USB orxim stuck with a broken xbox submitted by /u/cmp2005 [link]...
  9. My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...: My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up profiles and such for both drives? Basically, I would like to be able to power down my 360, change the...
  10. Blocking Xbox360 HDD swap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking Xbox360 HDD swap: Hi, Is there any way to lock down an XBOX 360, so that it will only accept a specific HDD, or for a PIN to be required if someone does try to swap the HDD? Thanks...