Swap gamerTag from Account A to Account B

Discus and support Swap gamerTag from Account A to Account B in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have two Microsoft accounts, each one has associated a GamerTag. I would like to swap the GamerTag, switch the old one on the new Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wuston, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Wuston
    Wuston Guest

Hello,

I have two Microsoft accounts, each one has associated a GamerTag.

I would like to swap the GamerTag, switch the old one on the new Microsoft account and the new one on the old Microsoft account.

Time ago I contacted the help center and told me they were working to create a more advanced gamertag tagging system and that in the future this feature could be included in the system.

Are there novelties? Is it currently possible to exchange Gamertags between two different accounts?

If it is not possible, would it work to change the old gamertag to something else, and then retrieve that gamertag by modifying the gamertag on the new account?

I try to explain better:

Account A -> *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** -> gamertag -> OLDGT

Account B -> *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** -> gamertag -> NEWGT

If I modify the account GamerTag in NEWOLTGT, will the GamerTag OLDGT be available again?

If it returns to be available, can I modify the GamerTag of account B in OLDGT?

Obviously paying the two changes to GamerTag.

What do you recommend me? Thank you so much for support!

:)

Wuston, Oct 21, 2017
  2. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    Gamertag

Hello CUZINCUZ613

Switch gamertags between two Microsoft accounts

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “the Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.”

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Microsoft account:

1. Create a new Microsoft account. You will only need this new account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Microsoft account.

Example:

Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3.
    2. Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you just created.

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

Switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 2 is now free.
    3. Now switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account you want to use.

Example:

Switch gamertag A to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 1 is now free.
    4. To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

After 30 days, switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 1.

Microsoft account 3 is now free and no longer needed.

xbox360italy, Oct 22, 2017
  3. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    what the hell

Hello PAPABEARSMOKEY

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “the Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.”

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Microsoft account:

1. Create a new Microsoft account. You will only need this new account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Microsoft account.

Example:

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3.
    2. Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you just created.

Example:

Example:

4. To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

xbox360italy, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Yes, you would have to change one of the gamertags to something else in order to free it up for use on the other account. Keep in mind that the tag may not be freed up immediately.

Smwutches, Oct 22, 2017
  5. Wuston
    Wuston Guest
    How many time will it take to get gamertag available back? Thank you so much!!!

Wuston, Oct 22, 2017
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    I've heard anywhere from 24 hours to 45 days.

Smwutches, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

Yes, you would have to change one of the gamertags to something else in order to free it up for use on the other account. Keep in mind that the tag may not be freed up immediately.
  8. Smwutches Win User

I've heard anywhere from 24 hours to 45 days.
  9. Wuston Win User

How many time will it take to get gamertag available back? Thank you so much!!!
  10. colllecionador Win User

Remove Gamertag from windows live ID

Greetings elfwarrior

You can associate my windows live ID to a different gamertag by following
    these
    instructions.

Example:

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and
      , first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3.

Example:

Example:

Example:

11. xbox360italy Win User

Gamertag

Hello CUZINCUZ613

Example:

Example:

Example:

Example:

Thema:

1. Swap gamerTag from Account A to Account B - Similar Threads - Swap gamerTag Account

2. I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.: I am trying to swap an older Gamertag of mine from an older email to my current email (so I keep my friends list & gamerscore). When I try to swap the alias It claims the domain Is already used. I...
  3. Swap gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap gamertag: I want to swap my primery acc to my main acc can you help me Thank you 310b9fb6-5350-42c3-8104-ee63b2a8b79f
  4. gamertag swap

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag swap: A while ago I created a gamertag using my moms email, since then I created my own email but have used the gamertag associated with my mothers account as that was were all my information was. Is...
  5. Can I Swap Gamertag between accounts ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I Swap Gamertag between accounts ?: Hello everyone, My situation is as follow : - 1st account has all my data since very first Xbox BETA with old gamertag. - 2nd account created some months ago with new fresh profile and data. I...
  6. Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account: When I first received my Xbox LIVE gamertag, a random one was given to me when I selected the 'download profile' option. Now I want to transfer my current gamertag to a different Microsoft account...
  7. swapping gamertags on two accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    swapping gamertags on two accounts: Some time back I was checking to see if a gamertag was available. I accidentally started a new account with the gamertag I had wished to change to. Is it possible to switch gamertags of my two...
  8. Question about the Gamertag swap between MS accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about the Gamertag swap between MS accounts.: I'd like some clarification or first hand experiences from someone who has done the gamertag swap using this support guide:...
  9. Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag: I mostly play on my Xbox One, but I still have the 360. I'm trying to switch from the family Microsoft account associated with my gamertag to my personal gmail Microsoft account. The only way I...
  10. Swapping a gamertag to another account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swapping a gamertag to another account: I have 2 microsoft accounts each having a gamertag, i want to swap this gamertag which is linked to my old account that ii dont reall use anymore and link it to my new account. i tried using this...