Surround Sound

Discus and support Surround Sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've found contradictory information all over the Internet and apologies if this has already been asked, but what's up with surround sound on Xbox One?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jakuji, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jakuji
    Jakuji Guest

Surround Sound

I've found contradictory information all over the Internet and apologies if this has already been asked, but what's up with surround sound on Xbox One? I've got my One wired up in exactly the same way as my 360, HDMI in to TV then Digital Optical Out from
    the TV into my surround sound box. The box just plays whatever is going through the TV in full surround sound - it works for my 360 so why doesn't it for my One? I've also tried the "Beta" surround option hidden away in TV options but it's no good. I just
    want my next-gen games to use my surround sound setup!

:)

Jakuji, Jan 7, 2014
  2. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    Xbox video store - no surround sound

All the movies list only English audio and no surround sound. I know they used to advertise surround sound. Does anyone know if the movies still have surround sound? even my purchased movies don't show surround sound. No DTS or Dolby

drivesafely, Jan 7, 2014
  3. momo
    momo Guest
    Surround Sound Headset?

This is a good question, but I've never considered doing something like this before. If you wait a bit longer, there will probably be a patch come out (or another adapter) to enable Dolby Digital capabilities.

momo, Jan 7, 2014
  4. pd730
    pd730 Guest

Surround Sound

Well, you left out some info and there are a lot of posts in this forum about surround, so I'll just try to sum it up:

1. The XBox One does not currently support Dolby Digital, at all.
    2. It does support DTS but you have to enable it in the settings as regular ol' stereo is selected by default. Choosing Speaker Audio Settings on Xbox One
    3. If your receiver does not support DTS, then you're out of luck getting any surround until they patch it.
    4. If whatever you're watching (Live TV, DVD, etc) does not have a DTS track, then you're only going to get 2-channel stereo no matter what you do.

pd730, Jan 7, 2014
  5. OG Pooh Win User

Surround sound

With surround sound, you will be able to actually hear things behind you. When properly set up, you will be able to pinpoint exactly where things are, even when they're not actually on the screen (IE: a car coming up to you from the rear driver's side will
    actually be heard approaching from the left & behind). So yeah, it can definitely improve gameplay.

That said, stay away from those all in one HTiB systems. You will be much better off in the long run starting with a good receiver & decent speakers, then upgrading as you can. HTiB systems are basically throw aways.

I believe the 360 only supports 5.1 channels, but I could be wrong.
  6. Saeleth Win User

Surround sound

I grabbed this headset for my Xbox One, honestly its an amazing value and really comfortable. Plus it comes with a pre-paid code for Dolby Atmos!

https://www.plantronics.com/us/en/product/rig-800lx
  7. ConcreteSnake Win User

Surround sound

headset adapters will be available in February. we do have to wait for a patch for dts to available, but no idea when that's coming
  8. pd730 Win User

Surround Sound

Well, you left out some info and there are a lot of posts in this forum about surround, so I'll just try to sum it up:

1. The XBox One does not currently support Dolby Digital, at all.
    2. It does support DTS but you have to enable it in the settings as regular ol' stereo is selected by default. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/configure-audio-settings
    3. If your receiver does not support DTS, then you're out of luck getting any surround until they patch it.
    4. If whatever you're watching (Live TV, DVD, etc) does not have a DTS track, then you're only going to get 2-channel stereo no matter what you do.
  9. XBF Diego M Win User

Surround sound

Hi there,

For a pretty good review and run down on this product I recommend taking a look at this review:

https://www.windowscentral.com/plan...review-no-nonsense-wireless-audio-xbox-and-pc

It states that it has really good sound for being a wireless headset and the wireless signal is strong and it's easy to set up.

You have to redeem the code on your Xbox in the Microsoft Store app. Once the code is redeemed, the Dolby Access app will be installed and your access to Dolby for Headphones will be unlocked within the app with your pre-paid code. Once it's been unlocked
    in the app and you have it set, you will need to go into your system's audio settings to turn it on. Go to Settings>Display & sound>Audio output>Headset audio>Headset format>Dolby Atmos for headphones.

I hope this helps!
Thema:

Surround Sound

1. Surround Sound - Similar Threads - Surround Sound

2. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  3. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  4. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  5. How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S: I’m trying to get my Series S to work on my 5.1 surround sound system and not having any luck. This set of instructions...
  6. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  7. How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?: Toshiba TV Series X Yamaha receiver I have the Receiver(HDMI out) connected to the TV(HDMI in) and the Receiver(HDMI #1) connected to the Xbox(HDMI out). It was working perfectly fine, I was...
  8. Lost audio all of a sudden on DTX Surround Sound.

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost audio all of a sudden on DTX Surround Sound.: So I was using my Xbox series s with my Vizio 4k tv that supports DTX Surround Sound and all of a sudden it stopped working. The only way it works is if I'm in the settings for the audio. After I...
  9. Do all apps, stream and surround sound?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do all apps, stream and surround sound?: Some apps aren’t streaming in surround sound. 366850d2-02f4-472a-878b-50183e8cd4dc
  10. No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless...: Recently bought the Xbox wireless headset for my series x. At first everything was fine…5.1 surround system working fine when headset is off, and then sound via headset once I turn that on. After...