Surround Sound not working Like it did on 360

Discus and support Surround Sound not working Like it did on 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox One HDMI to the TV which has a digital out to my surround sound reciever. Everything else I have used including my Xbox 360 has worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JAMES GOOD-C93E0B6F-CC61-49E8-9576-BE2C56EACE24, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Surround Sound not working Like it did on 360

I have my Xbox One HDMI to the TV which has a digital out to my surround sound reciever. Everything else I have used including my Xbox 360 has worked fine with this setup. My reciever does not have an HDMI in only an out. I know it might be a little older
    but why is it not working as it did on the 360? I have tried all the different options and troubleshoots. For some reason it will work during the Kinect Sound Testing. But when using apps playing games or anything else I get nothing from my back speakers and
    Sub. Is this Something that can or will be easily fixed or do I need to buy more cords and new surround sound etc. Im really considering bringing it back and waiting for the next version, but I dont think I would make it that long. I really cant afford to
    go buy a new surround sound system when I had one that was working perfectly fine. Just a lot of money to spend to not have something that seems simple and was in the previous Xbox. Other than that some issues with the drive making noise after disc ejection
    not sure if normal. Madden 25 crashing to dashboard after games, and the Kinect randomly calling audibles and timeouts( which was something I could turn off). But just overall concern, is this going to get better like I hope it will? some reassurance or time
    tables from Microsoft would be nice. Or some easier to find information regarding the Sound issues which seem to be all over the place right now. Thanks in advance!

:)

JAMES GOOD-C93E0B6F-CC61-49E8-9576-BE2C56EACE24, Jan 6, 2014
  2. XB1 Surround Sound Issue

The Xbox One doesn't currently output surround sound. However, Microsoft is working on it and will be updating the Xbox One to output in surround sound soon.

support.xbox.com/.../digital-sound-not-working

The Lion Turtle, Jan 6, 2014
  3. coops143
    coops143 Guest
    no sound on my xbox

turned my xbox on updated it then no sound none of my games have any sound all playing no error messages connected by hdmi using surround sound with an optical lead even if i turn surround sound of still no sound very frustrating as it was all working before
    updated xbox 360

coops143, Jan 6, 2014
  4. jmcode
    jmcode Guest

jmcode, Jan 7, 2014
  5. jmcode Win User

6. crUSAder650 Win User

Dolby Digital - Anyone having trouble ? w/update

I did choose bitstream and the two choices are DTS surround sound, and Dolby Digital. Doesn't seem like that is surround. Confused
  7. Matthew Van Shellenb Win User

Xbox video store - no surround sound

I noticed this also today. Bought Robocop and it had no surround sound. Went through my whole collection and it seems like none support surround sound. Did you ever figure it out?
  8. Koop10010 Win User

Audio Issues with Xbox One

5.1 PCM won't actually give you surround sound with your setup. The optical cable can only carry 2.0 PCM and your TV is downmixing it before sending it on. When you selected Bitstream Out over HDMI, did you also select Dolby? If you left it on DTS, it
    sounds like your TV doesn't recognize DTS so it isn't passing anything on over the optical. Since you get surround sound from the 360 that way, it sounds like your TV supports Dolby and will pass that on over optical.
  9. Glu10Free Win User

Why do the Xbox One microphone headsets refuse to work?

Are they surround sound? My DX12s are simulated surround sound and it works really well.
Thema:

1. Surround Sound not working Like it did on 360 - Similar Threads - Surround Sound working

2. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  3. How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S: I’m trying to get my Series S to work on my 5.1 surround sound system and not having any luck. This set of instructions...
  4. No online play and Surround sound does not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No online play and Surround sound does not work: Just a heads up for those of you interested in RB4. It does NOT have online play. Not even sure when or if they will ever add online play. I also noticed right away this game does not have...
  5. Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work.: I am having an issue with the new media player while streaming videos from my Synology NAS via my Xbox One, videos play fine however the sound which I feed from the Xbox One into my NAD T758...
  6. Does Surround Sound Passthrough Still Not Work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Surround Sound Passthrough Still Not Work?: I have a TiVO -> XB1 -> Onkyo Preamp setup, and I still can't get good sound when I watch TV. Regardless of the settings, the center channel is silent and the sound seems to come from only the...
  7. Problem with getting surround sound to work properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with getting surround sound to work properly.: hello all, I have an Xbox one x and an Onkyo 5.1 receiver. I only get sound out of the front 2 speakers. I switched the Xbox to surround soundin settings and restarted it but that didn't help....
  8. 5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One: Hi, I have connected my Xbox One to my reciever with an optical Cable, when playing Blue-Rays I have full surround with both DTS and DD. But when playing games I only have 2.0 sound... I have...
  9. Surround Sound issues using XBOX ONE (games work in 5.1, apps only in stereo)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround Sound issues using XBOX ONE (games work in 5.1, apps only in stereo): Hi I have a Bose Lifestyle® T20 home theater system. It is a 5.1 system. I connect my XBOX ONE via HDMI cable (from the HDMI out on the XBOX ONE) to my Bose theater system. Then I have other...
  10. 5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    5.1 Surround Sound Doesn't Work Properly on Xbox One: So I have my Xbox One setup to use 5.1 surround sound since I have surround sound system. All other HDMI devices, DirecTV, Apple TV and Blu-Ray Player all hook into my LG TV via HDMI. The TV is...