Surface Pro 2 - Xbox games under different account

Discus and support Surface Pro 2 - Xbox games under different account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just purchased a Surface Pro 2. I already have an XBox 360 that uses a family MS account for access. My new Surface Pro 2 uses my personal MS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Boscolio, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Boscolio
    Boscolio Guest

I just purchased a Surface Pro 2. I already have an XBox 360 that uses a family MS account for access. My new Surface Pro 2 uses my personal MS account. I want to use this family account as my Xbox games account, but Windows will only allow me to use the
    useless Xbox account associated with my personal MS account. How can I use a different Xbox account on my Surface?

:)

Boscolio, Jan 4, 2014
  2. imgayirl
    imgayirl Guest
    Transferring purchases between accounts?

I have an Xbox live account with some credit on it. I would like to purchase some windows 10 apps but I'd like to purchase them on my surface pro 3, but my outlook account on my surface pro 3 is different. Can I transfer credit between my accounts or make
    a purchase on my Xbox account and access the app on my surface pro 3 account? Thanks

imgayirl, Jan 4, 2014
  3. BlueViper85
    BlueViper85 Guest
    Not loading at all on Surface Pro 3

I came here to post something very similar. The same thing you described happens to me, but it ONLY happens if I open it from a pin on the Start screen. If I open Microsoft Bingo from the All Apps list it loads just fine. If I remove the pin and add it
    back it does the same thing.

I've tried a tons of different methods to fix this (obviously including the recommended steps) all to no avail. I did find that it seems to only happen under my user account on the surface not any other, indicating that the issue most likely lies in one
    of three places:

-My specific Microsoft Account or user account

-In HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry

-In %userprofile% under my account

Did you upgrade to the Surface Pro 3 from a different computer or surface? I upgraded from a Surface Pro (first generation) to a Surface Pro 3 and noticed this right away after upgrading.

Edit: I have no problems with any other apps on my Surface, including other Microsoft Studios games.

BlueViper85, Jan 4, 2014
  4. BlueViper85 Win User

Not loading at all on Surface Pro 3

I came here to post something very similar. The same thing you described happens to me, but it ONLY happens if I open it from a pin on the Start screen. If I open Microsoft Bingo from the All Apps list it loads just fine. If I remove the pin and add it
    back it does the same thing.

I've tried a tons of different methods to fix this (obviously including the recommended steps) all to no avail. I did find that it seems to only happen under my user account on the surface not any other, indicating that the issue most likely lies in one
    of three places:

-My specific Microsoft Account or user account

-In HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry

-In %userprofile% under my account

Did you upgrade to the Surface Pro 3 from a different computer or surface? I upgraded from a Surface Pro (first generation) to a Surface Pro 3 and noticed this right away after upgrading.

Edit: I have no problems with any other apps on my Surface, including other Microsoft Studios games.
  5. maxen Win User

How do I add entire genre to now playing in Xbox Music?

I've just realised I misread the last part of your post, I thought this was Windows Phone and that the difference between our experiences was because I am running the WP8.1 Preview.

I will need to find a way to check this on Windows 8 (Surface) as apparently there seems to be a difference. Which version of Windows 8 are you running? Windows 8 Pro or RT? (ie, is it a Surface RT, Surface Pro, Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2?) Have you updated
    to Windows 8.1 Update 1? If not, you can do this as a free update via the Windows Store.

If you have an available update, you should do that and check in Xbox Music again to see if this feature is enabled.
  6. RoundedSpore013 Win User

double tap option

it works on surface pro 2 with mouse but not with touch.
  7. Vampyre555 Win User

Stylus on tablet stopped working for mines and flags on last update

I'm also having this problem on a surface pro 2.
  8. AndrewJR21 Win User

xbox one can't access files on a network ???

While it doesn't sound like it is available at launch, I would bet it comes in the future. That said, its honestly a lot easier to use the PlayTo function on your Surface or Windows PC to send the video to your Xbox. Additionally, if you have a Surface Pro,
    Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2 you can use Maracas with the Xbox. I just upgraded to the Surface 2 and the miscast support is awesome (using a Netters Push2TV, waiting for my Xbox One today...).

To use maracas, pull up charms, then devices then display. You may need to set up the One to use it, but once you do it is that easy.
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 2 - Xbox games under different account - Similar Threads - Surface Pro games

2. Black Screen on Surface Pro X when using Cloud Gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Black Screen on Surface Pro X when using Cloud Gaming: I've called support a few times to no avail - I'm getting an error stating "Failed to start cloud gaming session" on my Surface Pro X. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the...
  3. Installing Game Pass games on Surface Pro X. Error Code: 0x00000001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing Game Pass games on Surface Pro X. Error Code: 0x00000001: I'm not sure what this code is. I'll be honest I'm sure that is because I'm on a Pro X that is a Windows on ARM, so my guess it is a compatibly issue? If that is the case hopefully, they will...
  4. Xbox Game bar Surface pro screen record

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game bar Surface pro screen record: I was recording my class for school and the last hour of class was being recorded when my computer when blank the recording stopped . I started a new recording but the previous recording was lost...
  5. Game pass on surface pro x

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game pass on surface pro x: I dont get it guys i can stream games on my phone but not on my surface..cmon guys 139cc8cb-7a2e-4212-930c-7a5588e85ad5
  6. Games On Surface Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games On Surface Pro: Hello, So winter break is around the corner and I want some games on my Surface Pro 7. So what are some games in the category of racing or sports that are free on pc....
  7. Game pass app on Surface Pro X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass app on Surface Pro X: When will the game pass app be available for the Surface Pro X? It already works on Android... it can't be that hard to publish an ARM64 compatible version 1e07739c-c098-453b-a76a-2cd36482badb
  8. Xbox Game Pass Streaming on Surface Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Streaming on Surface Pro: Hi, I'm trying to get Game Pass streaming on my Surface Pro but I only get an option to install the Game Pass games... Is there xCloud streaming on the Surface Pro? If not, why? Wasn't the whole...
  9. Surface Pro X เล่น Xbox Game pass ไม่ได้

in XBoX on Windows
    Surface Pro X เล่น Xbox Game pass ไม่ได้: Error Code ให้อัพเดทก็ยังไม่หาย [img] d83e7fe8-1295-4f2f-baef-051512f5188b
  10. Surface Pro X - Compatibility with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Windows
    Surface Pro X - Compatibility with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: When will a Surface Pro X owner be able to benefit from using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate? 88d2440d-fe29-4f1b-85ab-86bf177f67ea