Surface Pro 2 - Xbox games under different account

Discus and support Surface Pro 2 - Xbox games under different account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just purchased a Surface Pro 2. I already have an XBox 360 that uses a family MS account for access. My new Surface Pro 2 uses my personal MS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Boscolio, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Boscolio
    Boscolio Guest

I just purchased a Surface Pro 2. I already have an XBox 360 that uses a family MS account for access. My new Surface Pro 2 uses my personal MS account. I want to use this family account as my Xbox games account, but Windows will only allow me to use the
    useless Xbox account associated with my personal MS account. How can I use a different Xbox account on my Surface?

:)

Boscolio, Jan 4, 2014
  2. imgayirl
    imgayirl Guest
    Transferring purchases between accounts?

I have an Xbox live account with some credit on it. I would like to purchase some windows 10 apps but I'd like to purchase them on my surface pro 3, but my outlook account on my surface pro 3 is different. Can I transfer credit between my accounts or make
    a purchase on my Xbox account and access the app on my surface pro 3 account? Thanks

imgayirl, Jan 4, 2014
  3. BlueViper85
    BlueViper85 Guest
    Not loading at all on Surface Pro 3

I came here to post something very similar. The same thing you described happens to me, but it ONLY happens if I open it from a pin on the Start screen. If I open Microsoft Bingo from the All Apps list it loads just fine. If I remove the pin and add it
    back it does the same thing.

I've tried a tons of different methods to fix this (obviously including the recommended steps) all to no avail. I did find that it seems to only happen under my user account on the surface not any other, indicating that the issue most likely lies in one
    of three places:

-My specific Microsoft Account or user account

-In HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry

-In %userprofile% under my account

Did you upgrade to the Surface Pro 3 from a different computer or surface? I upgraded from a Surface Pro (first generation) to a Surface Pro 3 and noticed this right away after upgrading.

Edit: I have no problems with any other apps on my Surface, including other Microsoft Studios games.

BlueViper85, Jan 4, 2014
  4. BlueViper85 Win User

Not loading at all on Surface Pro 3

I came here to post something very similar. The same thing you described happens to me, but it ONLY happens if I open it from a pin on the Start screen. If I open Microsoft Bingo from the All Apps list it loads just fine. If I remove the pin and add it
    back it does the same thing.

I've tried a tons of different methods to fix this (obviously including the recommended steps) all to no avail. I did find that it seems to only happen under my user account on the surface not any other, indicating that the issue most likely lies in one
    of three places:

-My specific Microsoft Account or user account

-In HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry

-In %userprofile% under my account

Did you upgrade to the Surface Pro 3 from a different computer or surface? I upgraded from a Surface Pro (first generation) to a Surface Pro 3 and noticed this right away after upgrading.

Edit: I have no problems with any other apps on my Surface, including other Microsoft Studios games.
  5. maxen Win User

How do I add entire genre to now playing in Xbox Music?

I've just realised I misread the last part of your post, I thought this was Windows Phone and that the difference between our experiences was because I am running the WP8.1 Preview.

I will need to find a way to check this on Windows 8 (Surface) as apparently there seems to be a difference. Which version of Windows 8 are you running? Windows 8 Pro or RT? (ie, is it a Surface RT, Surface Pro, Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2?) Have you updated
    to Windows 8.1 Update 1? If not, you can do this as a free update via the Windows Store.

If you have an available update, you should do that and check in Xbox Music again to see if this feature is enabled.
  6. RoundedSpore013 Win User

double tap option

it works on surface pro 2 with mouse but not with touch.
  7. Vampyre555 Win User

Stylus on tablet stopped working for mines and flags on last update

I'm also having this problem on a surface pro 2.
  8. AndrewJR21 Win User

xbox one can't access files on a network ???

While it doesn't sound like it is available at launch, I would bet it comes in the future. That said, its honestly a lot easier to use the PlayTo function on your Surface or Windows PC to send the video to your Xbox. Additionally, if you have a Surface Pro,
    Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2 you can use Maracas with the Xbox. I just upgraded to the Surface 2 and the miscast support is awesome (using a Netters Push2TV, waiting for my Xbox One today...).

To use maracas, pull up charms, then devices then display. You may need to set up the One to use it, but once you do it is that easy.
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 2 - Xbox games under different account - Similar Threads - Surface Pro games

2. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  3. Issue connecting my Xbox controller to my surface pro x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue connecting my Xbox controller to my surface pro x: I’m having issues connecting my controller to my surface pro x. I’ve connected it to my two other consoles and had no problems. I also tried my I phone and it connected instantly. Is there any...
  4. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  5. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  6. I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX: When I try to log into the Xbox game app it will load forever on the black screen with the white Xbox logo. I can wait and wait forever, and nothing will ever happen. I can right click on the...
  7. Why won't ROBLOX boot up on my Surface Pro 7?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't ROBLOX boot up on my Surface Pro 7?: this has been a issue for me from the past 6 week and i have tried many things to fix it but none of them work is if there is a way to fix this issue can one of you tell me how the ways that i...
  8. Disney speedstorm won't play on surface pro.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney speedstorm won't play on surface pro.: I've downloaded Disney speedstorm to my surface pro The screen shows syncing and the title page and then the screen goes blank. I've tried repairing app and then resetting it and it has made no...
  9. Does 'Starfield' run on Surface 4 Laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does 'Starfield' run on Surface 4 Laptop?: Hello! I don´t have a Xbox. Instead I've a MS Surface 4 Laptop. I was wondering, if my Laptop could run Starfield. My plan is to play the game on low settings with 30FPS. Is that possible?...
  10. Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?: I lost the power cable for my xbox series x and saw that if you dissconect the power cable from the entire charger, it looks the same as an xbox series x power cable. So, this got me wondering if...