Super Basic Newbie Questions: USB Options with 4GB XBox 360

Discus and support Super Basic Newbie Questions: USB Options with 4GB XBox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My lovely wife purchased an XBox360 4GB system for me as I haven't played games since the late 90s and just wanted a basic, cheap platform to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MRVmel, Nov 27, 2015.

1. MRVmel
    MRVmel Guest

My lovely wife purchased an XBox360 4GB system for me as I haven't played games since the late 90s and just wanted a basic, cheap platform to play Madden 2016, GTA 4 (not GTA 5 yet), and a good, simple first person shooter game we can play together/against
    each other (any suggestions, based on real world mechanics and weapons with small learning curve, feel free to suggest). She purchased GTA 4 from Amazon for download with a redeem code.

Now, obviously, 4 GB is not enough for a 6.6 GB game. Our Maxtor internal hard drive for our computer, which I thought I could easily configure, is not working.

So here is my basic dilemma: I want to be able to play GTA 4 using my existing download code with the absolute minimum amount of expense, effort, and work. In an ideal world, I would be able to download one more game and also play it using it that way.

If I buy a 32 GB USB thumb drive, can I download GTA 4 to that and have it play fine? Will it cause choppiness/graphic issues? Will any basic 32GB USB thumb drive work? Do I need to get a special brand?

If that won't work, please suggest the quickest, cheapest, least effort way to salvage this situation. Thanks!

:)

MRVmel, Nov 27, 2015
  2. juanluis21
    juanluis21 Guest
    gamertag on usb flash drive

Guys quick question i think i might buy a new xbox360 slim with kinect but with only 4GB , i was thinking can i buy a SanDisk - Xbox 360 16GB USB Flash Drive to use as memory card and only use this instead of the 4GB? Can you do that?

juanluis21, Nov 27, 2015
  3. THE CRITCH
    THE CRITCH Guest
    How many consoles do you have include gaming pc and handled

Currently own:
    PS3 super slim
    PS3 launch fat( went YLOD a month after moving it into my sons room though)
    Xbox 360 120gb
    Xbox 360 4gb
    PSVita wifi.

Previously owned:
    Spectrum 48k
    Gameboy
    Sega master system
    Sega Mega drive
    SNES
    PS1
    PS2
    Xbox

THE CRITCH, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Thumb drives fail very quickly due to their nature. I would recommend buying a small external HDD for your storage needs. Western Digital is great and has the best compatibility (and build quality).

You could use a thumb drive to tide you over, but like I said, they'll last you a handful of months before dying and all your data is gone.

Irixion, Nov 27, 2015
  5. CZECHMAN90
    CZECHMAN90 Guest
    I have a western digital my passport it works very well,i have had it for three years and its still working. here is a link to the one i have. look in the stores and see how much there going for. if you cant find it in the store then get it off of amazon.
    there is the link to the amazon store of the one i have. i hope this helps.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_pa_3

CZECHMAN90, Nov 27, 2015
  6. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    Newegg has great deals on externals. I bought a 2 TB Drive for 90 USD.

Irixion, Oct 31, 2018
  7. CZECHMAN90 Win User

I have a western digital my passport it works very well,i have had it for three years and its still working. here is a link to the one i have. look in the stores and see how much there going for. if you cant find it in the store then get it off of amazon.
    there is the link to the amazon store of the one i have. i hope this helps.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_pa_3
  8. Irixion Win User

Newegg has great deals on externals. I bought a 2 TB Drive for 90 USD.
  9. Irixion Win User

Thumb drives fail very quickly due to their nature. I would recommend buying a small external HDD for your storage needs. Western Digital is great and has the best compatibility (and build quality).

You could use a thumb drive to tide you over, but like I said, they'll last you a handful of months before dying and all your data is gone.
  10. Grey Bush Guido Win User

Some basic questions for a newbie.

When using the server browser make sure to click on 1-5 slots open. This will bring up a lot more servers. Hope it helps. Yeah never use quick match, it's unreliable.
  11. brandiesel1 Win User

Some basic questions for a newbie.

^^ Thanks. I appreciate that.
Thema:

1. Super Basic Newbie Questions: USB Options with 4GB XBox 360 - Similar Threads - Super Basic Newbie

2. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  3. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  4. Saves not working on Lego marvel super hero’s Xbox one edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saves not working on Lego marvel super hero’s Xbox one edition: Saves on Lego marvel super hero’s Xbox one edition don’t work if you save and reload the game later the slot you saved it on will be zero percent af4602a9-abb3-4ce7-a84b-d46b6c6df7e9
  5. my pc is acting super weird for some reasons

in XBoX on Consoles
    my pc is acting super weird for some reasons: hi im currently using WINDOWS 10 and i am not sure but something is really going wrong with my PC i dont know why im getting weird audio buzzing sounds from my audio outut devices whenever i play...
  6. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...
  7. My FH5 Super Speed Car Pack DLC is purchased but not loading in. What do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My FH5 Super Speed Car Pack DLC is purchased but not loading in. What do I do?: Hi, I purchased the new Forza Horizon 5 Super Speed Car Pack DLC on Xbox One S. It’s purchased but not appearing in game. What do I do? 3133df08-fa62-4986-ab6f-73d1347d9491
  8. Super Bomberman R 2 Achievements unlocking but not registering. "Not supported"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Super Bomberman R 2 Achievements unlocking but not registering. "Not supported": Unlocked 4 Achievements for Super Bomberman R 2 but none of them are registering. The game doesn't show up as being played, and Achievements are "not supported" for it. I own the disc version, so...
  9. why is my xbox one s super laggy and cant open game or apps

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is my xbox one s super laggy and cant open game or apps: so i have factory reset my xbox multiple times and every time i log in the ui is super laggy and buggy and i cant run games 7e72f7ae-d64c-4b17-a7cb-e8757145db36
  10. Audio super quiet on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio super quiet on Xbox one: My Xbox is super quiet and every time I try to turn up the sound through the volume menu it’s all greyed out and says “use your headset or other device to change the volume”. I have a turtlebeach...