Sunset overdrive BROKEN!

Discus and support Sunset overdrive BROKEN! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; please fix the save game issues and the crashing issues in sunset overdrive i have it on steam and the save system is completely broken and the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Justin Snow1, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Justin Snow1
    Justin Snow1 Guest

Sunset overdrive BROKEN!

please fix the save game issues and the crashing issues in sunset overdrive i have it on steam and the save system is completely broken and the game crashes all the time I tried talking to the original developers they told me to come here i rely enjoy the game but at the moment its unplayable even hovering over the save icon will crash it please fix

:)

Justin Snow1, Mar 24, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Sunset overdrive BROKEN!

Only insomniac can fix it, and the likelihood they will now that they're owned by Sony is extremely low

Microsoft published it, but they do not have any access to the game code
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Sunset overdrive BROKEN!

Hello Justin Snow1,

We're sorry to hear about that.

So, let us say we have issues with the Steam Cloud. We found this support article that is related to Steam Cloud with troubleshooting that you may perform and could be relevant to your concern: Steam Support :: Steam Cloud (steampowered.com)**:

Issues & Troubleshooting

Because of the automated nature of cloud synchronization, Steam Support has a limited ability to address issues with the cloud. If any saves or other data have been lost, it is not likely that we will be able to recover them. It is for this reason that we encourage users to make sure they understand behaviors that can affect the cloud, so that when they are encountered, the loss of data can potentially be avoided.

On the later part of the article, we found this, as your concern is related to game:

[​IMG]

Also, you can resolve the Steam Cloud conflict by following the troubleshooting on this part:

[​IMG]

Related to unable sync a file:

[​IMG]

...and so much more on the bottom part of the page. Try those troubleshooting and make sure to perform the relevant troubleshooting for your concern.

We recommend you to try installing another game, please see if you have similar concern on new game. If you do, then that might mean that you are not the first Steam Player on that PC, your device may have recognized someone else's. Or possible that this could be an account issue due to Steam Cloud.

Regards,

** - The link included is a non-Microsoft website that would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.
  4. Justin Snow1 Win User

Sunset overdrive BROKEN!

1. Are the games installed from Steam have the same issues with saving progress?
      only sunset overdrive has this error
    2. Do you have games installed from Xbox app and Microsoft Store? Did the games have the same issue with Sunset Overdrive?
      no only steam
    3. May we ask if there is an error message or code when you attempt to save the game and after it crashes?
      no error codes other then the A savefile is corrupted that apears at boot (not the file i use and this error started day 1)
      "if i try to delete it the game crashes" "deleteing it in file manager dosent remove it"
    4. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
      version 21h2 (os bilid 19044.2486)
    5. When did this issue start to happen?
      day 1 when i installed it
    6. Please post a screenshot of the issue where you hover the game save button. Please conceal any personal information.
      cant the game crashes to the desktop with no error or warning
    7. Did you recall installing add-ons to the game? How about antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer installed in your PC?
      no nothing was added or installed after the game i dont have any optimizers and only use windows defernder
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Sunset overdrive BROKEN!

Hello Justin Snow1,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

Based on your description, Sunset Overdrive keeps on crashing when you attempt to save your game progress. We understand that it is important for you to continue and fulfill all levels and achievements on this game. We know you have already reach out to the game support for assistance however you were unable to get a resolution as it will be best for this to be reached out to well-trained PC related support. Since, you have reached out to us, let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We would like to set your expectation; the game is available to Xbox in Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One version - (Buy Sunset Overdrive | Xbox). We may be limited in providing you with the steps that is applicable to the game itself as this will not be part of our scope. However, we will provide you with the troubleshooting related to the Windows that could help you with the concern. If this issue of yours has been isolated as a game issue only, it would be best to send feedback to the right support for assistance. Don't worry we will let you know once we cross that path.

Let us check your concern: When you are having issue saving a progress of the game, there are a few things we need to check: Is the system (Windows) up to date? Is the Microsoft Store and Xbox app updated and repaired? Or are these apps using same credentials? Are there any third-party apps installed in your computer that could have hinder the game to save the game progress? Or the third-party apps influence the game to crash? Let us check on this and further isolate your issue. Please answer the questions below:

1. Are the games installed from Steam have the same issues with saving progress?
    2. Do you have games installed from Xbox app and Microsoft Store? Did the games have the same issue with Sunset Overdrive?
    3. May we ask if there is an error message or code when you attempt to save the game and after it crashes?
    4. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
    5. When did this issue start to happen?
    6. Please post a screenshot of the issue where you hover the game save button. Please conceal any personal information.
    7. Did you recall installing add-ons to the game? How about antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer installed in your PC?

Please see suggested troubleshooting for Windows related apps/games:

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Joshua02021994 Win User

Sunset overdrive BROKEN!

I've been having the same issue with this title as well. This game is completely broken on steam. I love how they went quiet the minute they saw they would have to do work to fix the game and couldn't just give you a fix that you manually had to mess around with yourself.
Thema:

Sunset overdrive BROKEN!

1. Sunset overdrive BROKEN! - Similar Threads - Sunset overdrive BROKEN

2. Achievement not unlocking - Sunset Overdrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement not unlocking - Sunset Overdrive: I have completed the D'awww achievement in game and unlocked the outfit for it, but the Xbox achievement won't unlock. I've tried over a few weeks going back to all the locations to see if it will...
  3. Sunset overdrive isn't working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sunset overdrive isn't working: I recently installed Sunset Overdrive from the xbox gamepass PC and the game opens, but when i click "Play as (my xbox account)" i just get sent back to the initial menu. I can't play the game,...
  4. Sunset Overdrive "Cloud Save"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sunset Overdrive "Cloud Save": It is claimed that Sunset Overdrive support cloud saving, but in fact it is not for me, I played the game on my pc (Xbox App) for a long time (e.g. finished 60% of the game), then loaded it up on...
  5. Sunset Overdrive warning

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sunset Overdrive warning: So I got the xbox gaming pass and downloaded Sunset overdrive recently. Everytime I open the game it allows me to play for 2-4 mins max until this pops up. “Warning: A running process may be...
  6. Sunset Overdrive achievements not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sunset Overdrive achievements not unlocking: Hi. I've been playing Sunset Overdrive on my Xbox One, and late in the game i started achievement hunting, howevwe, there's several achicements whose criteria i've already met, that are not...
  7. Lost all game progress in Sunset Overdrive on PC after reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all game progress in Sunset Overdrive on PC after reinstalling: I was connected to the internet, have the achievements etc., but after reinstalling the game, it says that there are no previous file saves. I can't get back to my character??? Please help or send...
  8. Sunset Overdrive Autosave Menu Loop with PC Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sunset Overdrive Autosave Menu Loop with PC Game pass: I've seen a lot of these questions and they always end up in the same spot with "Update your drivers, reinstall, restart, etc." and they end up dead with no solution. I've tried all of those...
  9. Sunset Overdrive "Installation Stopped" error 2 weeks later

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sunset Overdrive "Installation Stopped" error 2 weeks later: Hi all, just under 2 weeks ago I posted a question about an error i have been recieving for about 2 weeks now while trying to install Sunset Overdrive on my XSX. It is the only game I have been...
  10. Sunset overdrive not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sunset overdrive not working: So I just decided to download Sunset overdrive because it looked cool and waited until today blah, blah blah, but when I launched it I was greeted with a message saying suggested specifications...