Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...

Discus and support Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, 've Posted here about disk (media) with original factory issue. I would suggest that Microsoft allows the customer be able to download games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LuSilvaDF, Jan 28, 2014.

1. LuSilvaDF
    LuSilvaDF Guest

Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...

:)

LuSilvaDF, Jan 28, 2014
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the original DVD disc

If you noticed a defect day one why not return the disk

Are you sure it ain't wear and tear?

That isn't covered by warranties like scratches

Not to mention they cannot tell if you had sold it or not

Since the petition was about selling and reselling disks your option doesn't really help things

ngocphi, Jan 28, 2014
  3. LuSilvaDF
    LuSilvaDF Guest
    Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the original DVD disc

LuSilvaDF, Jan 28, 2014
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

They tried that with XB1. And people tired a new ahole on them.

Dakrkplayer2, Jan 28, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    No, not at all. You want to beat DRM and cost developers money. That is how MS looks at it

x24hrs2livex, Jan 28, 2014
  6. I agree with 24. It would be nice but the advantages are minor compared to the massive damage it would do developers.

ChainSmokingBob, Jan 28, 2014
  7. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    [quote user="LuSilvaDF"]

[/quote]I don't think MS and/or the game developer should be held responsible for the people who don't treat their DVDs/Blu Rays with care.

Eggnogga, Jan 29, 2014
  8. voteDC
    voteDC Guest

I don't know why some are so dismissive of the OPs idea. After all it works perfectly well for games which employ Steam or Origin on the PC.

-

You buy the game on disc and can install it again from there if you wish, but you also get a digital copy to download from the service should you want.

-

The key is though, a key. Each PC game comes with a unique code and it is tied to that user's account.

voteDC, Jan 29, 2014
  9. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    [quote user="voteDC"]

I don't know why some are so dismissive of the OPs idea. After all it works perfectly well for games which employ Steam or Origin on the PC.

-

You buy the game on disc and can install it again from there if you wish, but you also get a digital copy to download from the service should you want.

-

The key is though, a key. Each PC game comes with a unique code and it is tied to that user's account.

[/quote]

So when MS had their DRM scheme last year you were for it then?

x24hrs2livex, Jan 29, 2014
  10. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    [quote user="x24hrs2livex"]So when MS had their DRM scheme last year you were for it then?[/quote]Which part of their DRM scheme?

I'm not a fan of any DRM but this part I could tolerate as it does bring a benefit to the customer. Plus on the PC, lets just say I can 'fix' any DRM issues I may have.

The 24 hour check-in however was a terrible idea and completely unneeded in order to do what the OP is asking.

voteDC, Jan 29, 2014
  11. [quote user="voteDC"]

-

-

[/quote]Sounds good to me.

WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD-4ABC-A1C2-5D9DBF1CA00A, Nov 1, 2018
  12. ngocphi Win User

If you noticed a defect day one why not return the disk

Are you sure it ain't wear and tear?

That isn't covered by warranties like scratches

Not to mention they cannot tell if you had sold it or not

Since the petition was about selling and reselling disks your option doesn't really help things
  13. voteDC Win User

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]So when MS had their DRM scheme last year you were for it then?[/quote]Which part of their DRM scheme?

I'm not a fan of any DRM but this part I could tolerate as it does bring a benefit to the customer. Plus on the PC, lets just say I can 'fix' any DRM issues I may have.

The 24 hour check-in however was a terrible idea and completely unneeded in order to do what the OP is asking.
  14. x24hrs2livex Win User

[quote user="voteDC"]

-

-

[/quote]

So when MS had their DRM scheme last year you were for it then?
  15. voteDC Win User

-

-

16. x24hrs2livex Win User

No, not at all. You want to beat DRM and cost developers money. That is how MS looks at it
Thema:

1. Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ... - Similar Threads - Suggestion Microsoft downloadable

2. Xbox pre made GamerPic suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox pre made GamerPic suggestions: Should add a American flag heart to the pre made GamerPic (avatar) inventory. submitted by /u/TemporaryFair5372 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  4. SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK

in XboX Insiders
    SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK: Ca you make it so you can customize you side bar solid colours or game backgrounds maybe characters like masterchief or batman etc. I love you console <3 submitted by /u/That-Ad-4006 [link]...
  5. Suggestions now that Microsoft owns Blizzard.

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestions now that Microsoft owns Blizzard.: Since you guys already did age of empires 2 and 4 on console would definitely love to see age of empires 3 but now that you own Blizzard please please bring starcraft remastered starcraft 2...
  6. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  7. Tried every solution suggested by Microsoft and then some, to fix issued with games not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tried every solution suggested by Microsoft and then some, to fix issued with games not...: While playing Starfield on my Series X a few days ago my game crashed for the first time. When I went to start it up again, the splash screen for the game showed, then crashed and brought me back...
  8. Tried every solution suggested by Microsoft and then some, to fix issued with games not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tried every solution suggested by Microsoft and then some, to fix issued with games not...: While playing Starfield on my Series X a few days ago my game crashed for the first time. When I went to start it up again, the splash screen for the game showed, then crashed and brought me back...
  9. Has Microsoft reintroduced the ability to request\suggest games for the xbox backwards...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has Microsoft reintroduced the ability to request\suggest games for the xbox backwards...: I was trying to find out if the backward compatibility suggestion box was open again now that the Series X has been launched? It is still one of my favorite features from Xbox and I would like to...
  10. Rumours suggest that Microsoft could buy Mojang?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumours suggest that Microsoft could buy Mojang?: I see this all over Twitter last night and loads of sites talking about it today. I can't see it myself, I think the rumour mill is spinning out of control but who knows? Rumours suggest that...