Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit

Discus and support Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright, it makes complete sense why they had to reduce the character limit to 12 for non-unique gamertags to fit the suffix, but I feel as though if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M0nSt3rxAs5au1t, May 29, 2020.

1. Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit

Alright, it makes complete sense why they had to reduce the character limit to 12 for non-unique gamertags to fit the suffix, but I feel as though if you can still create a unique gamertag with 13, 14, or 15 characters you should be allowed to do so.

It doesn't seem like something that would be that hard to explain, and I don't see the sense in removing the ability if the standard allotment is 15 characters anyway. I mean, forcing users to get out their 360's just to make a 15 character limit username
    is beyond backwards.

How difficult would it be:

Non-Unique Gamertags up to 12 characters

Unique Gamertags up to 15 characters

:)

M0nSt3rxAs5au1t, May 29, 2020
  2. Maverickh231 - Pedro Win User

3. SergeantGeorge9 Win User

Unfortunately that still goes on. I hope you find a unique gamertag✌��
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity

You wouldn't be able to use that as a gamertag anymore because it exceeds the new 12 character limit for gamertags.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else

The limit with the new system is 12 characters so if the gamertag you are trying to add to the new account is above that may be the reason you are getting this message.

Unfortunately if this is the case there is no one that can get you the gamertag above 12 characters.
  6. MsAshh Win User

Gamertag change - wording misleading - " will be available to others"

I would like to add that if your previous gamertag is longer than 12 characters, it will not be able to be claimed by anyone; including yourself. The character limit used to be 15, but it was recently changed to 12 for the new gamertag system.
Thema:

1. Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit - Similar Threads - Suggestion Gamertag Character

2. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  3. My Xbox clips are choppy and I've tried some suggestions and they don't work at all

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox clips are choppy and I've tried some suggestions and they don't work at all: So I've tried bumping up my resolution and that doesn't seem to work and I've tried to keep it at 1440 and that doesn't seem to work and I don't know what to do now....
  4. How to make xbox stop suggesting friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to make xbox stop suggesting friends?: Every other time I go to the xbox app or I restart my computer, I am unable to see my friends list because it keeps trying to recommend random people for me to friend or leaving my friends list...
  5. Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...: I am so very close to switching back to PlStaytion... weeks now I have had the worst connection issues to my xbox. Wired, 2G, 5G, new wires.. I even went as far as upgrading my internet...
  6. Suggestions now that Microsoft owns Blizzard.

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestions now that Microsoft owns Blizzard.: Since you guys already did age of empires 2 and 4 on console would definitely love to see age of empires 3 but now that you own Blizzard please please bring starcraft remastered starcraft 2...
  7. Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...: Hello Microsoft & XBox friends, sorry for the previous post (when I Googled where to submit ideas to Microsoft it took me to the main r/xboxinsiders ,didn't know there's a category of threads like...
  8. Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...
  9. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  10. Why do i not get my daily rewards for play pc game. I've done all step suggested and some...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i not get my daily rewards for play pc game. I've done all step suggested and some...: not getting rewards for pc game daily eacc2b68-3f37-40a2-9ffe-321ba5d2ce31