Suggestion: Allow Xbox One Games to Have Access to Native Notifications

Discus and support Suggestion: Allow Xbox One Games to Have Access to Native Notifications in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just an idea, but is it possible to open up the Xbox One notification system to game developers so that they can tell users about new... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SmashBlocks, Mar 25, 2018.

  1. SmashBlocks
    SmashBlocks Guest

    Suggestion: Allow Xbox One Games to Have Access to Native Notifications


    Just an idea, but is it possible to open up the Xbox One notification system to game developers so that they can tell users about new events/rewards/etc. if they choose to allow notifications in-game and/or in settings. This could help games to tell players
    to come back or tell them about something lasting a limited time. I’m not a developer myself, but I think it would be a small feature to add that could open up new opportunities.

    :)
     
    SmashBlocks, Mar 25, 2018
    #1
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    4K Display issues

    Hey there!

    Have you gone through the steps and suggestions on our
    Troubleshoot 4K on Xbox One S support page
    ? One of the steps mentioned is setting the TV Resolution on your Xbox One S to 1080p, while ensuring the 'Allow 4K' box is checked within 'Advanced TV' settings. The TV resolution setting is specifically for setting
    how non 4K content is scaled, and will still allow native 4K content to play at 4K on your display.

    If the flicker issues persist with native 4K content after setting your TV resolution setting to 1080p, please post back the brand and model number of your 4K display so we can take a deeper look!
     
    Mister Beep, Mar 25, 2018
    #2
  3. MagnaMorbius
    MagnaMorbius Guest
    Game Save from Xbox 360 and One

    The difficulty is that the game is multi-platform, and as it has native Xbox 360 and Xbox One save structures, you would have to run your Xbox 360 save through some soft of emulator conversion to allow it to work on Xbox One. Besides, this is a superb game,
    so enjoy playing through it again with enhanced graphics!
     
    MagnaMorbius, Mar 25, 2018
    #3
  4. LorraineFergusson Win User

    dictionary

    I cant even find the dictionary access or enable it. I just downloaded jax, and my chat isn't working and I have no idea how to access their dictionary. There is also a flag that I exit from that says that the microsoft push notification service didnt connect.
    After I exit it then it allows me to play. Any suggestions?
  5. Mister Beep Win User

    4K Display issues

    Hey there!

    Have you gone through the steps and suggestions on our
    Troubleshoot 4K on Xbox One S support page
    ? One of the steps mentioned is setting the TV Resolution on your Xbox One S to 1080p, while ensuring the 'Allow 4K' box is checked within 'Advanced TV' settings. The TV resolution setting is specifically for setting
    how non 4K content is scaled, and will still allow native 4K content to play at 4K on your display.

    If the flicker issues persist with native 4K content after setting your TV resolution setting to 1080p, please post back the brand and model number of your 4K display so we can take a deeper look!
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

    some of my messages are glitching

  7. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all Xbox popups but it still keeps coming up - How do I get rid of this from happening ?

    I am using Windows 11. I followed your advice and just searched for suggestions, and was easily able to find and turn off. We will see if this works.
    OK, well there are a lot of settings related to suggestions, but unless you turn off the specific notifications I mentioned in my original post and showed in my screenshot, it will not stop the issue. I already had all suggestions turned off in settings and I was still getting the annoying notifications until I disabled them for "Suggested" in the list of apps that's allowed to send notifications.

    EDIT - I just looked it up and in Windows 11 you need to go to Start - Settings - System - Notifications, then turn notifications off for "Suggested" in the list of apps that's allowed to send notifications.
  8. MagnaMorbius Win User

    Game Save from Xbox 360 and One

    The difficulty is that the game is multi-platform, and as it has native Xbox 360 and Xbox One save structures, you would have to run your Xbox 360 save through some soft of emulator conversion to allow it to work on Xbox One. Besides, this is a superb game,
    so enjoy playing through it again with enhanced graphics!
Thema:

Suggestion: Allow Xbox One Games to Have Access to Native Notifications

Loading...
  1. Suggestion: Allow Xbox One Games to Have Access to Native Notifications - Similar Threads - Suggestion Allow Games

  2. A suggestion for the achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    A suggestion for the achievements: I know that already appeared the Mythic Achievement on the last update but I think it could be more better if was called DIAMOND achievement, which makes more sense since the rare achievements...
  3. Possible XBOX Insider Hub Update Suggestion

    in XboX Insiders
    Possible XBOX Insider Hub Update Suggestion: As a suggestion for all new XBOX Insiders would it be a good idea for the XBOX Insiders Hub to have an update for an easier understanding of the layout. For example: Activities. Give a picture...
  4. Suggestion for New Xbox Console?

    in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion for New Xbox Console?: I wanted to suggest the upcoming Xbox Console needs to have the same features for video capture and upload to platforms like PlayStation does if they want to attract content creators or live...
  5. SUGGESTION: Epic Games and Steam should be available for Xbox Series X/S consoles with full...

    in XboX Insiders
    SUGGESTION: Epic Games and Steam should be available for Xbox Series X/S consoles with full...: If Xbox Series X/S would have these 2 libraries, the consoles would become the best gaming device after PC and all PS5 exclusives, available on Steam/Epic Games, would be available on Xbox too....
  6. Suggestion: Profile Badges redesign and putting Avatars back in the spotlight

    in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion: Profile Badges redesign and putting Avatars back in the spotlight: Hi Xbox Team, As a loyal Xbox fan for 17 years, I’ve seen the ecosystem evolve beautifully. However, I feel the current profile layout and badges lack visual consistency and don’t do justice to...
  7. Xbox App Suggestion for Game Reviews to be Added

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App Suggestion for Game Reviews to be Added: I’d love to see the ability to leave game reviews directly within the Xbox App on mobile and PC. Right now, reviews are limited to the console or the Microsoft Store website, which isn’t always...
  8. This is some additional specific feedback and a suggestion for Xbox Gamertags

    in XboX Insiders
    This is some additional specific feedback and a suggestion for Xbox Gamertags: Hey insiders, I have some feedback or a suggestion for what you could add to the weekly polls. It’s about the Xbox Gamertag. I think it should be included in the poll. And this is now a topic...
  9. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

    in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  10. Why is there no feature allowing customers to remove game suggestions on the new dashboard...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there no feature allowing customers to remove game suggestions on the new dashboard...: This new dashboard update is ridiculous! There is way too much on the screen and the game suggestions are all garbage indie games from gamepass. Players should have the option too REMOVE this...