Suddenly got 6 360-games and 3 others listed on my brand new X1 - how did that happend?

Discus and support Suddenly got 6 360-games and 3 others listed on my brand new X1 - how did that happend? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In Ready to install? Is this due to current 14 day gold membership that MS push these on me? I know I did not do anything to request these for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BookishFlunky90, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Suddenly got 6 360-games and 3 others listed on my brand new X1 - how did that happend?

In Ready to install?

Is this due to current 14 day gold membership that MS push these on me?

I know I did not do anything to request these for download.

Is it to do with having notifications on?

Only games I fully downloaded was pinball arcade something, is this from them?

I had to manually hide these then, what a mess if this shows up all the time - not requesting it.

Thanks.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Oct 8, 2016
  2. how many people are on x1 and x360 these days

I don't think the 84m 360 sold figure is a fair reflection on the x1 sales or a true representation of how well the 360 actually did. I mean, I know I've bought 3 360's during its cycle and I suspect many others have bought more than one 360 console. With
    the X1 being relatively new, almost all of us will still be on our first model. Then there was the infamous RROD issue that MS only extended the warranty for it a few years later. Many people would probably have bought a new console before that issue got
    covered for 3 years.

It would be interesting to see how many of those 84m are actually unique sales.

B1ueLightning07, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest
    Said goodbye to Xbox today.

I did the advanced exchange when my X1 broke down a couple months ago. They put a $400 hold on my credit card and shipped me out a brand new Xbox immediately. 3 days later I got my new console and put my broke one in the same box and shipped it back. As
    soon as they received it, they released the hold on my credit card. Quick and painless.

Sword Style, Oct 8, 2016
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Suddenly got 6 360-games and 3 others listed on my brand new X1 - how did that happend?

Any digital copies of 360 games that you own will automatically show on your ready to install list if they are made backwards compatible.

Daft Badger, Oct 8, 2016
  5. Thanks.

But I don't own or even know what these games are.

Now unhiding them now though, these are gone. Only ones actually initiated by me are left.

Unhiding yesterday they were there still.

Case closed I guess - weird.

6. QuickMythril
    QuickMythril Guest
    if they were the PopCap games (peggle, zuma, heavy weapon, feeding frenzy), then this was a known issue. it was caused by a glitch when adding those titles to the EA Access system. this caused the games to show in the Ready to Install list for many users
    for a short period of time, but it was quickly remedied. anyone who installed these games without having a subscription to EA Access was not granted an ownership license, and will not be able to play them without purchasing.

also as Daft Badger has mentioned, new games get added to the Backwards Compatible list all the time. anything you have purchased on 360 already that is BC will show up in your Ready to Install list, so potentially new games could show up again in the future.

QuickMythril, Oct 8, 2016
  7. Thanks, that might fit as cause then, I think I took a look at some titles in the EA subscription or what it was called.

But those that showed up I never knew what games they were, looked like childrens girly something, memory fail even to remember names.

I have installed and just started many 360 games, and they are on some kind of progrress I think, I'm rearely online - which does not mean I still own all of them, a bunch were traded in at some point. <i removed savefiles locally, but they remain on live.

About 5 of those are so far X1 compatible, but still have 360 now so not of my concern to use bandwidth on them.

As I understood you can either way just enter dvd in X1, and it looks for you if BC and offer to DL.

But I still prefer 360 actually, so simple and straight forward everything. X1 is so ambitious on many other areas I have no interest in, and Xbox Live is soooooo slow for X1 that it takes minutes before pics arrive, and maybe 20 seconds to enter a title
    and get screenshots. Everything is instant in 360. X1 Live looks really nice though - but there are so many options so a bit chaotic.

8. QuickMythril
    QuickMythril Guest

yeah if you own a digital 360 game that's BC it will show in "ready to install". if you own a disc that's BC you can insert the disc and it will allow you to download the game, but you must have the disc inserted anytime you want to play it. also it downloads
    about 500 MB extra for the 360 emulator for EACH game, which is sort of inconvenient, but if you no longer have the old console then it's a nice option. i also prefer to just use my 360 for those games when possible.

QuickMythril, Oct 8, 2016
  9. Thank you.

Really good to know about emulator, so you can check locally on 360 what size it is and add a little. Had a thread about that some weeks ago before deciding about going X1 or not.

BookishFlunky90, Nov 2, 2018
  10. QuickMythril Win User

yeah if you own a digital 360 game that's BC it will show in "ready to install". if you own a disc that's BC you can insert the disc and it will allow you to download the game, but you must have the disc inserted anytime you want to play it. also it downloads
    about 500 MB extra for the 360 emulator for EACH game, which is sort of inconvenient, but if you no longer have the old console then it's a nice option. i also prefer to just use my 360 for those games when possible.
  11. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Thanks, that might fit as cause then, I think I took a look at some titles in the EA subscription or what it was called.

But those that showed up I never knew what games they were, looked like childrens girly something, memory fail even to remember names.

I have installed and just started many 360 games, and they are on some kind of progrress I think, I'm rearely online - which does not mean I still own all of them, a bunch were traded in at some point. <i removed savefiles locally, but they remain on live.

About 5 of those are so far X1 compatible, but still have 360 now so not of my concern to use bandwidth on them.

As I understood you can either way just enter dvd in X1, and it looks for you if BC and offer to DL.

But I still prefer 360 actually, so simple and straight forward everything. X1 is so ambitious on many other areas I have no interest in, and Xbox Live is soooooo slow for X1 that it takes minutes before pics arrive, and maybe 20 seconds to enter a title
    and get screenshots. Everything is instant in 360. X1 Live looks really nice though - but there are so many options so a bit chaotic.
  12. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Thanks.

But I don't own or even know what these games are.

Now unhiding them now though, these are gone. Only ones actually initiated by me are left.

Unhiding yesterday they were there still.

Case closed I guess - weird.
  13. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Thank you.

Really good to know about emulator, so you can check locally on 360 what size it is and add a little. Had a thread about that some weeks ago before deciding about going X1 or not.
  14. Daft Badger Win User

Any digital copies of 360 games that you own will automatically show on your ready to install list if they are made backwards compatible.
Thema:

1. Suddenly got 6 360-games and 3 others listed on my brand new X1 - how did that happend? - Similar Threads - Suddenly got 360

2. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  3. Are there no offline service centres in Hyderabad, Telangana? Suddenly my console is not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are there no offline service centres in Hyderabad, Telangana? Suddenly my console is not...: My console won't turn on. Please someone guide me to an offline service station in Hyderabad, Telangana. Both the addresses provided by the Microsoft site are not working anymore. Please help...
  4. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  5. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  6. Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...: I have 2 Xbox Series controllers, which i use witch my PC. At first i played via bluetooth and didn't notice any problems. Then i started using cable because i was tired of buying new batteries))...
  7. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  8. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  9. xbox logo suddenly coming out while i am playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox logo suddenly coming out while i am playing: so i was playing on my xbox series s and suddenly the xbox logo appered infront of me it happend twice and i found out that it was my controller charging cable was causing the issue of electricity...
  10. My microsoft account got deleted on it's own suddenly and I lost my 5 year minecraft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account got deleted on it's own suddenly and I lost my 5 year minecraft account.: My microsoft account got deleted for no reason, also you should know the one I am using now is the one that used to be in my previous account. Also I am not sure how my mojang account got...