Suddenly cannot connect to Xbox Live - Error 80151901 (IP Address Error)

Discus and support Suddenly cannot connect to Xbox Live - Error 80151901 (IP Address Error) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. So after googling solutions for close to a day straight now and finding nothing, I've decided to come here and ask and see if anyone can help me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Suhrrf, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Suhrrf
    Suhrrf Guest

Hi. So after googling solutions for close to a day straight now and finding nothing, I've decided to come here and ask and see if anyone can help me out. Basically, my xbox live was working fine and has been working fine for years, but suddenly cut out yesterday
    after I had been offline for about an hour. When I went to sign on, I got error code 80151901 and an offer to test my connection. Upon doing this, it fails in the first step where it attempts to connect to the network and gives me an IP Address Error, saying
    it can't get an IP from my router. Which makes no sense seeing as how it was working perfectly just moments before, and there are no issues with any other devices in my house connecting to the internet. Except for one actually. My brother can't connect to
    PSN on his Playstation 4 either suddenly. So we know the issue is on our end, not on Microsoft's or my ISP's. But we can connect using our computers, phones, ipods, etc. It's just all really confusing. Another piece of info is that it is both a wireless and
    wired issue. My xbox is usually connected to the router via hardwire and a workgroup switch in between the two. That doesn't work. So I tried my brother's old 360 Slim which has a wifi adapter built in. I got it to connect once using wireless, it downloaded
    a system update, and now the wireless is giving me the same error as the wired connection.

Things I have tried that have not worked as of yet:

- Resetting my router (leaving it off for 30 seconds).

- Power cycling all my devices (Unplugging the router, the workgroup switch, my xbox for at least 5 minutes, then plugging them in in succession with about a minute between each device.

- Resetting my 360 network settings to default, turning off the xbox for 8 seconds, turning it back on.

- Manually setting an IP address.

- Waiting overnight for it to magically fix.

I don't know what to do at this point. I've had weird issues with my xbox live connecting before, but never anything that lasted more than a few hours and didn't magically fix itself. I know all the cords work, I know the ports on my xbox, router, and workgroup
    switch are functioning. I just don't get it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Dan

:)

Suhrrf, Dec 8, 2014
  2. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    xbox360italy, Dec 8, 2014
  3. shinkowski
    shinkowski Guest
    Error 80151901

I've had error 80151901 since last night and can't connect at all.

I've tried using a wired connection and wifi, the same error occurs on both.

I've tried restoring the factory default network settings. That didn't help.

I've also tried changing the IP address to manual and setting it back to automatic. It keeps giving the error.

I can see the IP address is automatically assigned.

When I run the xbox live connection test, it says there is an IP address error.

I've logged into xbox.com on the laptop with the same account and it works fine.

Any other ideas what I could try?

Thanks.

shinkowski, Dec 8, 2014
  4. Suhrrf
    Suhrrf Guest

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/Colorado

Modem brand & model number: ?

Router brand & model number: Netgear WNDR3700

How many consoles do you have connected to this router? 1

Wired or wireless (for each console): Neither works. Have both.

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal

Is UPnP Enabled? I don't know whether it should be enabled or disabled, but have the capability of switching it if need be.

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? No

Any Error Codes you encounter: 80151901

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Idk dudes, some backwoods ISP that isn't one one of the bigger ones.

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000-000B

X: 4000-1001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID: 0001-0002

L: 0015-10F1

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

D: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

S: ?

C: ?

A: 169.254.222.130/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

Suhrrf, Dec 8, 2014
  5. Suhrrf
    Suhrrf Guest
    Okay, so here's an update. I just tried using my brother's 360 again, with the internal wifi, and it managed to connect to xbox live. I'm just scared now to go retry with my xbox because I don't want this one to suddenly stop working again. But I would prefer
    to be able to have my 360 hardwired to my router because my internet is bad enough as is, having to using wifi from the other side of the house would make it slow to the point of almost unplayable. I'm going to test my other xbox and I'll get back to you guys
    with how it goes.

Suhrrf, Dec 8, 2014
  6. Suhrrf
    Suhrrf Guest
    Now neither xbox is working... what have I done

Suhrrf, Dec 8, 2014
  7. Suhrrf
    Suhrrf Guest
    [Mod Removed] ever... I give up. There's no reason that it should have connected once randomly like that with no problems and then go back to having the same
    [Mod Removed] problem as the past 2 days. It makes no [Mod Removed] sense.

Suhrrf, Dec 8, 2014
  8. Suhrrf
    Suhrrf Guest

Bump I guess? The problem remains. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suhrrf, Dec 9, 2014
  9. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there Pumpkiin King!

Apologies for the delay and I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues! Let's start by following the steps below, which includes links to our instructions for each.

• Remove the manual IP you set up.
    • Ensure UPnP is turned on.
    • Check for Firmware Updates for your Netgear router.
    Try each of those steps and let us know how it goes! Suddenly cannot connect to Xbox Live - Error 80151901 (IP Address Error) :)

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Suhrrf Win User

[Mod Removed] ever... I give up. There's no reason that it should have connected once randomly like that with no problems and then go back to having the same
    [Mod Removed] problem as the past 2 days. It makes no [Mod Removed] sense.
  11. Suhrrf Win User

Okay, so here's an update. I just tried using my brother's 360 again, with the internal wifi, and it managed to connect to xbox live. I'm just scared now to go retry with my xbox because I don't want this one to suddenly stop working again. But I would prefer
    to be able to have my 360 hardwired to my router because my internet is bad enough as is, having to using wifi from the other side of the house would make it slow to the point of almost unplayable. I'm going to test my other xbox and I'll get back to you guys
    with how it goes.
  12. Suhrrf Win User

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/Colorado

Modem brand & model number: ?

Router brand & model number: Netgear WNDR3700

How many consoles do you have connected to this router? 1

Wired or wireless (for each console): Neither works. Have both.

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal

Is UPnP Enabled? I don't know whether it should be enabled or disabled, but have the capability of switching it if need be.

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? No

Any Error Codes you encounter: 80151901

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Idk dudes, some backwoods ISP that isn't one one of the bigger ones.

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000-000B

X: 4000-1001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID: 0001-0002

L: 0015-10F1

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

D: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

S: ?

C: ?

A: 169.254.222.130/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0
  13. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there Pumpkiin King!

Apologies for the delay and I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues! Let's start by following the steps below, which includes links to our instructions for each.

• Remove the manual IP you set up.
    • Ensure UPnP is turned on.
    • Check for Firmware Updates for your Netgear router.
    Try each of those steps and let us know how it goes! :)
  14. Suhrrf Win User

Now neither xbox is working... what have I done
Thema:

1. Suddenly cannot connect to Xbox Live - Error 80151901 (IP Address Error) - Similar Threads - Suddenly cannot connect

2. suddenly cannot load M/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years, premium subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    suddenly cannot load M/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years, premium subscription: cannot load m/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years as premium subscriber 19f666b3-f25a-4fba-a417-19341ca12945
  3. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...: Hello all. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. No characters can sign in. The Xbox is connected to the internet but always fails the Xbox live connection test. Our other Xbox...
  4. Paid for Minecraft, but suddenly refunded the money and now cannot repurchase (Trouble...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for Minecraft, but suddenly refunded the money and now cannot repurchase (Trouble...: Hi there, As said in the title, I recently bought minecraft and have been playing it for a couple days. Suddenly, I get an email that I was refunded the cost for minecraft, and when I tried to...
  5. All of a sudden I cannot log into my account, it says fix it at account.live.com but that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    All of a sudden I cannot log into my account, it says fix it at account.live.com but that...: All of a sudden I cannot log into my account, it says fix it at account.live.com but that says the site it unavailable! de81d1e7-f229-4fbc-910c-ca62f1d62ca5
  6. Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden: About a week or two ago, I noticed that any downloads through the Xbox app on Windows were failing and giving me a "see error for details" link. When I click the popup I get a "something...
  7. All of a sudden cannot sign into xbox live

in XboX Insiders
    All of a sudden cannot sign into xbox live: I just got xbox live last night after a couple years, and I had no problem signing in before this. Also just got the new COD so I'm eager to play. I've done a hard restart twice, unplugged xbox...
  8. My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers.: My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers. I have tried 2 other brandnew headsets and the result was the same. can anyone help as it is driving him nuts...
  9. All of a sudden cannot connect to internet???

in XBoX on Consoles
    All of a sudden cannot connect to internet???: Okay, so: I recently started college and have brought my xbox 360 with me. I had registered it with my school's Wifi but it would not connect and support from there didn't help me. Luckily, my...
  10. Cannot connect to Xbox one live all of a sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox one live all of a sudden: i have never had this problem before and now randomly my Xbox one refuses to connect with error message: We couldn't sign you in. Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing in...