sudden xbox one x issue with video and UHD being on , Flickering, no picture, works with...

Discus and support sudden xbox one x issue with video and UHD being on , Flickering, no picture, works with... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just started: Tried about everything I think. XBOX one X original, released Nov 7, 2017 Purchased it and LOVE IT. I was a PS3 upgrade. Might be going... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by monswarrior., Feb 13, 2021.

1. monswarrior.
    monswarrior. Guest

sudden xbox one x issue with video and UHD being on , Flickering, no picture, works with...

Just started: Tried about everything I think.

XBOX one X original, released Nov 7, 2017 Purchased it and LOVE IT. I was a PS3 upgrade. Might be going back to PS5 if I can find one those sooner, Only drag is all the games I have already bought for the Xbox.

A game system should last longer than 4 years. All my playstations have, only reason I went with xbox is for the UHD disc player. My PS1 still lights up. Heck I have nientendos that still work.

Problem started 2/10/2021

Xbox set up to receiver Onkyo, then to the TV, TV Does support all the green check marks on the menu on the xbox.

It would start having a glitter effect on the dashboard or game of red pixel dots. Then jittery screen left to right. Even had blinking screen black and then good, black and then good. Its not consistent its a mix of all this when it feels like it.

What I have done: replaced cables, even tried some spec for 8K. I have now 8 cables that will eventually return to the store since none have worked, Original HDMI does same thing. . I changed them once to have them color coded. Still it worked great up till 2 weeks ago.

Easy fix.. Turn off UHD on my TV. Turning this option off allows my xbox to work "sorta" it works, I can play games, I can watch movies, I can watch a blu Ray... BUT ITS NOT IN UHD OR HDR. as soon as HDR10 or Dolby vision pops up on my Vizio all crud happens. SO I thought, My display model Vizio 705G3 is hosed and why it was on discount rack. NOPE I moved the xbox to another tv in the house with UHD, As soon as I turn on UHD all the issues start.

I have hit XBOX RESET once, keep programs etc, No help

Reset my receiver: no help and then took it out of the mix

Now just going xbox to tv 1 still does it as soon as hdr uhd turned on Vizio

then just to tv2 same issue as soon as turning on HDMI UHD color.

IS my xbox broke, it I could just go buy one at Walmart to test that option I would but as we all know Cant find one anywhere, maybe just maybe I can find an answer here.

My Great wife says its not worth stressing over just go buy the new one. Well we all know its not easily found, and really, this worked before I dont need the new one I just want this one to work.

Thanks,

Sincerely very Frustrated

mostly play Destiny2

Now off to play games in vanilla mode on the xbox. (no UHD, no HDR10)

:)

monswarrior., Feb 13, 2021
  2. JCSWW Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

That's the issue right there, Prezdead! My TV auto detects the resolution being put out by the source and sets it accordingly. There is no way to set my TV's HDMI input to display a certain resolution regardless of what the source is putting out. My Android
    box and Roku 4 put out a 4k signal when I enable the resolution they should output is 4k. Unfortunately, The XBOX One S doesn't seem to do that.

When I do the video test on the XBOX One. My TV doesn't even flicker. It just pops up that it failed everything, which is incorrect. If I change the resolution on the XBOX One S to 720p, then it flickers and my TV changes the display to 720p. If I change
    the XBOX One S to display 1080p, then the TV flickers and changes the resolution to 1080p. If I try to change the XBOX One S to display UHD, it does nothing other than go instantly to the failed screen, which states none of the options are supported. Under
    Advanced Video Settings though, I have 24Hz, 50Hz, and UHD 4k checked. the problem is, the XBOX One S is putting out the 4k signal because the test says the TV fails everything and the TV will not disaply in 4k until the TV receives a signal from the XBOX
    One S to display in 4k.
  3. Eseronai Win User

Issues with Xbox One S screen flickering on Samsung TV

See I’ve tested it on my old Emseron 720p TV, and no flickering happened. It seems to only happen when its on my newer Samsung TV with UHD Color (HDR10) enabled on the tv itself. Otherwise 4K UHD works fine??? My tv acts very weird with the Xbox One S
  4. Hordie Win User

Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

So, update. I reset my Xbox one X and now it recognizes that the TV has 4k UHD but when I try to switch to 4K I get the "That didnt work" error.
    So I have the MU8000 and I know it was a bit tricky to get it to work. Sorry for her HDR, I was going off retail specs I saw. I only enabled UHD color on the main HDMI port. I purposely did not use the CEC HDMI. So mine is UHD Color on HDMI 1, and only that.
    I did not tweak any HDR settings on the TV because it made for a worse picture, or did not even register.

Try the one port with UHD color only enabled. Then hard reboot the Xbox by holding the power button down till it turns off. Then turn it back on. Go to your video settings and test again. Also make sure you're using the HDMI that came with the Xbox.
  5. tobias turner Win User

Has anyone ever experienced their Xbox one s frying their TV?

Hello im a havin a similar problem but my xbox one x is turning on but shows no picture? Tried it on 2 tvs the same result been workin fine all of a sudden its crashing wont go into safe mode tried every possible fix online nothing works. Is my xbox one x gone?
  6. GlobalWebSurfer Win User

HDMI Cable Issue

Thema:

1. sudden xbox one x issue with video and UHD being on , Flickering, no picture, works with... - Similar Threads - sudden issue video

2. Are there no offline service centres in Hyderabad, Telangana? Suddenly my console is not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are there no offline service centres in Hyderabad, Telangana? Suddenly my console is not...: My console won't turn on. Please someone guide me to an offline service station in Hyderabad, Telangana. Both the addresses provided by the Microsoft site are not working anymore. Please help...
  3. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...: I have 2 Xbox Series controllers, which i use witch my PC. At first i played via bluetooth and didn't notice any problems. Then i started using cable because i was tired of buying new batteries))...
  6. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  7. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  8. xbox logo suddenly coming out while i am playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox logo suddenly coming out while i am playing: so i was playing on my xbox series s and suddenly the xbox logo appered infront of me it happend twice and i found out that it was my controller charging cable was causing the issue of electricity...
  9. All Sound suddenly went out. Can anyone help with this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    All Sound suddenly went out. Can anyone help with this issue?: I was playing a game on my series x, I was even in a party chat, then suddenly, all audio went out. Only party chat remained. Now, no matter what I do, all the trouble shooting and resets isn't...
  10. Online Multiplayer/Ethernet connectivity issues all of a sudden. PLEASE HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Online Multiplayer/Ethernet connectivity issues all of a sudden. PLEASE HELP!: Hello fellow gamers, I am stuck.. I have tried every bit of my technology troubleshooting arsenal and I still can’t fix my issue. Recently I have upgraded my home network with plug and play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one x “that didnt work” 4k

2. Xbox one x suddenly no 4k