Sudden inability to connect to Xbox live

Discus and support Sudden inability to connect to Xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have had this Xbox 360 for years and have yet to have any serious issues with it. I recently got a new router, which I had originally... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shadow5077, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Shadow5077
    Shadow5077 Guest

Hi all,

I have had this Xbox 360 for years and have yet to have any serious issues with it. I recently got a new router, which I had originally thought may have been the issue, but the router has record of the console having been connected to it successfully for
    a decent portion of time. I have followed every prompt in the troubleshooting that is on the website to no avail.

I have gone from resetting the wireless settings in the xbox 360 to giving it a static ip, and I have gone as far as having it connect with no passphrase necessary on each different spectrum. Both machines have been reset multiple times as well. Each time
    it fails connecting to the network at all. Do any of you know what could cause a 360 to abandon it's ability to connect with a router that it has had success with in the past? How likely is it that the wireless adapter on the console has broken?

Also, I am completely sure that it is not a location issue nor an interference one as it has not moved position in a year and neither it nor the PS4, Blu-ray player, or phones have had any issue from that room at any time previous. Any suggestions would
    be appreciated.

:)

Shadow5077, Jul 23, 2014
  2. Inability to Connect to Xbox Live

Killa Cruton. I'm in Marchetti West. I wonder what my other friends are saying now, because after this problem occurred, I consulted some of my friends in places like Clemens and Gries, and they said they had no problem getting xbox live from their video
    gaming sources. Maybe their answer has changed if what LiquidNitro12 said was true.

LiquidNitro12: That is depressing news. Thanks for the heads up. Though I fear there won't be much that can be done to fix this (and so I will be losing about $40 because I cannot connect for most of the year, at least I know what is happening.

Tomahawk00984, Jul 23, 2014
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Inability to Connect to Xbox Live

Hey there Tomahawk!

Do you have to sign in every time when you want to connect to Internet or a single sign up registration?

Do you have a personal firewall (e.g. McAfee, Norton, ZoneAlarm) or a IP blocker running on your computer?

taidara, Jul 23, 2014
  4. Sudden inability to connect to Xbox live

If you have a xbox 360 S, it would appear this issue is caused by a faulty WiFi card internally. At this point you must ask for a repair:

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

DangerousBard, Jul 23, 2014
  5. RykerBusch
    RykerBusch Guest
    My brothers Xbox slim is very.. Unique. He moved it 3 inches and then it wouldn't connect to the Internet while in the basement. Mine is about 15 feet away from the Internet box and it downloads and loads things 10x slower. It's a
    Halo 4 Edition 320GB Console too. And newer. Move it into a more open, plateau area near your Internet box and see how it goes, or just unplug your box and plug it back it. Or both.. I personally recommend the first one because
    its probably the only one that will work.

RykerBusch, Oct 31, 2018
  6. RykerBusch Win User

My brothers Xbox slim is very.. Unique. He moved it 3 inches and then it wouldn't connect to the Internet while in the basement. Mine is about 15 feet away from the Internet box and it downloads and loads things 10x slower. It's a
    Halo 4 Edition 320GB Console too. And newer. Move it into a more open, plateau area near your Internet box and see how it goes, or just unplug your box and plug it back it. Or both.. I personally recommend the first one because
    its probably the only one that will work.
  7. DangerousBard Win User

If you have a xbox 360 S, it would appear this issue is caused by a faulty WiFi card internally. At this point you must ask for a repair:

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx
  8. Tomahawk00984 Win User

ITS currently argues that the network has been slow due to overuse of bandwidth. However many of us are observing a decrease in network capability since the blocking of the port (internet is worse/slower now).

Furthermore they speak of blocking it due to Bandwidth. They argue that Xbox Live uses at most 150 MB per hour. I don't know if this can be confirmed by any of you. However it has been found by our research that both YouTube and Netflix use well over 1 GB
    per hour (Netflix using approx 2.3 gbph).
  9. LiquidNitro12 Win User

We have been able to discover that SLU has completely blocked the xbox live port on its network. For more information please join this facebook group which is trying to address the issue.

Also please share it to whoever else is pissed off SLU block xbox live

www.facebook.com/.../521691491174594
  10. dannypenfold Win User

Have you done what Mister Iffic told you to do or not?
Thema:

1. Sudden inability to connect to Xbox live - Similar Threads - Sudden inability connect

2. Are there no offline service centres in Hyderabad, Telangana? Suddenly my console is not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are there no offline service centres in Hyderabad, Telangana? Suddenly my console is not...: My console won't turn on. Please someone guide me to an offline service station in Hyderabad, Telangana. Both the addresses provided by the Microsoft site are not working anymore. Please help...
  3. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...: I have 2 Xbox Series controllers, which i use witch my PC. At first i played via bluetooth and didn't notice any problems. Then i started using cable because i was tired of buying new batteries))...
  6. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  7. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  8. xbox logo suddenly coming out while i am playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox logo suddenly coming out while i am playing: so i was playing on my xbox series s and suddenly the xbox logo appered infront of me it happend twice and i found out that it was my controller charging cable was causing the issue of electricity...
  9. Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took...: Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took restart and i lost that recording how can i restore that ? 35300058-82da-4e73-a0b1-15ba50a6d7b6
  10. my laptop suddenly slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    my laptop suddenly slow: my laptop suddenly slow .. .. c6146d6b-da28-49fb-9a3d-96fd8c42d963