subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why?

Discus and support subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; hi! I bought prepaid codes (50€ euros) yesterday. I want subscribed to xbox live gold (one year). It was in action in Microsoft Store for 39.99€. so i... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Giorgio87, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Giorgio87
    Giorgio87 Guest

subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why?

hi!

I bought prepaid codes (50€ euros) yesterday. I want subscribed to xbox live gold (one year). It was in action in Microsoft Store for 39.99€. so i had 50€ but i I couldn't activate it for 39.99€. The message is : "Wie möcten Sie den Restbetrag bezahlen?"> so
    i must to be more money...Why? 50€ is more than 39.99€ subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why? :) Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks

subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why? [​IMG]

:)

Giorgio87, Nov 29, 2018
  2. rkkeller
    rkkeller Guest
    1 year of Live Gold for $39 until 2/1 only on Amazon.

I was just on Amazon and you can get 1 year of Live Gold for $39. Saves $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VBWIP6/ref=oh_d__o00_details_o00__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This came at the perfect time for me as I only has 1 month left!

Items Ordered Price
    1 of: Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Membership [Online Game Code]
    Condition: New
    Sold by: Amazon Digital Services Inc
    $39.99

Dear Richard Keller,

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold. The subscription will expire on Sunday, March 01, 2015. Here is a description of the service:

Get the most from your Xbox One and Xbox 360 with unrivaled multiplayer gaming, premier entertainment apps, Internet Explorer, and exclusive member benefits. At the end of 12 months, your Gold membership will automatically downgrade to a free Xbox Live Membership, unless you use another prepaid card or change your membership renewal options (go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts). Additional subscriptions and requirements apply for some Xbox Live Gold features. See xbox.com/live. Broadband Internet, games, and media content sold separately. Subject to Xbox Live Terms of Use.

Thank you for being a valued member of Xbox Live Gold. To find out more about the features and benefits of your Xbox Live Gold membership, visit Xbox Live | Xbox

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Services.

The Xbox Live Team

rkkeller, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Problem subscription prepaid card

Hello,

I

bought a console Xbox one and we also bought a subscription live gold

Xbox of 6 months. When I ended to write my code, a message seems saying

that we have to pay 39.99 euros while we have already paid by buying the

prepaid card.

Why this message appears and how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance

Greetings

NICOLASMORNAY RINN, Nov 29, 2018
  4. NeoDan123
    NeoDan123 Guest

Good day

You can not buy Xbox gold with prepaid credit/cash cards.

As they are basically for games, dlc etc that you want to buy on the store.

You do get prepaid gold cards which you can enter the 25 digit code to activate your Gold.

NeoDan123, Nov 29, 2018
  5. Giorgio87
    Giorgio87 Guest
    thank you for the answer, but i can buy Xbox live gold with prepaid credit. i can buy/subscribe for a month and 3 months with 50€. Only 1 year subscribtion isn't work...

Giorgio87, Nov 29, 2018
  6. DAZZA 433
    DAZZA 433 Guest
    Microsoft have never allowed microsoft account currency to be used for xbox live gold membership purchases, You would need to buy an xbox live gold branded prepaid code card not a currency card.

DAZZA 433, Nov 29, 2018
  7. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Greetings from Germany!

I'm surprised that you are being offered to buy Gold with prepaid money from your account. Maybe Microsoft is testing that feature.

As for the "How to pay for the remaining amount", I assume the following:

Xbox Live Gold is a subscription that automatically renews.

So while you might be able to buy a year for 39,99€ with your 50€ balance, the next payment cycle in the subscription wants to deduct 59,99€. But you already paid 39,99 from your 50€ balance, leaving you with "only" 10,01€, which is not enough to pay for
    the next renewal which will cost you 59,99€.

So you will have to add another payment option (usually bank account or credit card) to be able to pay for the Gold subscription when it renews.

But this is purely speculation on my end, as it usually is not possible to buy a Gold subscription with prepaid money on your account. But since that was an often requested feature, maybe they are trying that out with a few users. Are you by chance enrolled
    in the Insider Preview Program?

[Deutsche Übersetzung]

Ich bin arg überrascht, dass Dir das Guthaben auf Deinem Account überhaupt als Bezahlmöglichkeit angeboten wird. Vielleicht testet Microsoft das Feature gerade.

Bezüglich des "Wie möchten Sie den Restbetrag zahlen" vermute ich folgendes:

Xbox Live Gold ist eben ein Abonnement, was sich normalerweise automatisch verlängert.

Daher bist Du zwar in der Lage das Angebot von 39,99€ für ein Jahr mit Deinen 50€ Guthaben zu bezahlen, aber der nächste Abonnement Zyklus würde 59,99€ von Deinem Konto abziehen wollen. Aber da Du bereits 39,99 von deinen 50€ bezahlt hast, und Du jetzt nur
    noch 10,01€ hast, könntest Du von den 10,01€ nicht mehr den nächsten Abo-Zyklus über 59,99 zahlen, und müsstest daher angeben, wie Du den Rest des Abos zahlen willst.

Daher müsstest Du eine weitere Zahlungsmöglichkeit angeben (normalerweise ein Bankkonto für die Lastschrift oder eine Kreditkarte), um für die Fortsetzung des Abos zahlen zu können.

Das ist aber jetzt reine Vermutung von mir, da es normalerweise nicht möglich ist ein Gold Abo mit Guthaben zu zahlen. Aber da das ein häufig gewünschtes Feature ist, könnte es sein, dass sie diesen Wunsch erfüllen wollen und es mit ein paar ausgewählten
    Usern testen. Bist Du vielleicht beim Xbox Insider Preview Programm angemeldet?

Arminator, Nov 29, 2018
  8. subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why?

Hi,

You need to disable the auto renew of the subscription or you'll need the twice of the cost of the subscription cause you need to be able to buy the second subscription (the auto renewed one)

Have a nice day,

@

RYAN RIPPER11, Nov 29, 2018
  9. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest
    Alternate option - go to the Microsoft Store online and buy a prepaid card with your stored currency.

RandyAU93, Nov 6, 2018
  10. RYAN RIPPER11 Win User

Hi,

You need to disable the auto renew of the subscription or you'll need the twice of the cost of the subscription cause you need to be able to buy the second subscription (the auto renewed one)

Have a nice day,

@
  11. Arminator Win User

Greetings from Germany!

I'm surprised that you are being offered to buy Gold with prepaid money from your account. Maybe Microsoft is testing that feature.

As for the "How to pay for the remaining amount", I assume the following:

Xbox Live Gold is a subscription that automatically renews.

So while you might be able to buy a year for 39,99€ with your 50€ balance, the next payment cycle in the subscription wants to deduct 59,99€. But you already paid 39,99 from your 50€ balance, leaving you with "only" 10,01€, which is not enough to pay for
    the next renewal which will cost you 59,99€.

So you will have to add another payment option (usually bank account or credit card) to be able to pay for the Gold subscription when it renews.

But this is purely speculation on my end, as it usually is not possible to buy a Gold subscription with prepaid money on your account. But since that was an often requested feature, maybe they are trying that out with a few users. Are you by chance enrolled
    in the Insider Preview Program?

[Deutsche Übersetzung]

Ich bin arg überrascht, dass Dir das Guthaben auf Deinem Account überhaupt als Bezahlmöglichkeit angeboten wird. Vielleicht testet Microsoft das Feature gerade.

Bezüglich des "Wie möchten Sie den Restbetrag zahlen" vermute ich folgendes:

Xbox Live Gold ist eben ein Abonnement, was sich normalerweise automatisch verlängert.

Daher bist Du zwar in der Lage das Angebot von 39,99€ für ein Jahr mit Deinen 50€ Guthaben zu bezahlen, aber der nächste Abonnement Zyklus würde 59,99€ von Deinem Konto abziehen wollen. Aber da Du bereits 39,99 von deinen 50€ bezahlt hast, und Du jetzt nur
    noch 10,01€ hast, könntest Du von den 10,01€ nicht mehr den nächsten Abo-Zyklus über 59,99 zahlen, und müsstest daher angeben, wie Du den Rest des Abos zahlen willst.

Daher müsstest Du eine weitere Zahlungsmöglichkeit angeben (normalerweise ein Bankkonto für die Lastschrift oder eine Kreditkarte), um für die Fortsetzung des Abos zahlen zu können.

Das ist aber jetzt reine Vermutung von mir, da es normalerweise nicht möglich ist ein Gold Abo mit Guthaben zu zahlen. Aber da das ein häufig gewünschtes Feature ist, könnte es sein, dass sie diesen Wunsch erfüllen wollen und es mit ein paar ausgewählten
    Usern testen. Bist Du vielleicht beim Xbox Insider Preview Programm angemeldet?
  12. NeoDan123 Win User

Good day

You can not buy Xbox gold with prepaid credit/cash cards.

As they are basically for games, dlc etc that you want to buy on the store.

You do get prepaid gold cards which you can enter the 25 digit code to activate your Gold.
  13. RandyAU93 Win User

Alternate option - go to the Microsoft Store online and buy a prepaid card with your stored currency.
  14. DAZZA 433 Win User

Microsoft have never allowed microsoft account currency to be used for xbox live gold membership purchases, You would need to buy an xbox live gold branded prepaid code card not a currency card.
Thema:

1. subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why? - Similar Threads - subscribed live gold

2. I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...: Hi , I accidentally cancelled my subscription and I had funds now I can't resubscribe. Please help says you completed and took my funds. b9cb9bf1-61d7-4293-9170-e9c41d043a25
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. Im trying to subscribe to the game pass ultimate that is for one dollar but when I press on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im trying to subscribe to the game pass ultimate that is for one dollar but when I press on...: When I press on the plan to buy the game pass ultimate it’s not working for me 7ba20ecc-3c37-45db-afc8-4b82a0a0d469
  5. i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t...: i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t remember the email, I don’t want the account i just want to cancel the subscription from it how can i do...
  6. System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...: System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play Resident evil 5 and i've gone off line to play and it wont let either when i try to play offline it say " due to communication error the network...
  7. I'm subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes EA Play. I downloaded the EA App,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes EA Play. I downloaded the EA App,...: I'm asked to purchase the game or subscribe to EA Play. Trying to download Dead Space on my PC and EA customer service told me there's no problem on their end. 6f978fcd-e52c-4d19-9982-dff3efdce72c
  8. What caused "Keep 7+ friends / Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass" to disappear on both Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    What caused "Keep 7+ friends / Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass" to disappear on both Xbox...: For the past few days, I noticed both my Xbox app on cellphone and PC is missing "Keep 7+ friends / Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass", and I don't know the cause. This is the first time seeing it goes...
  9. Ubisoft+ not allowing me to play the downloaded games after 15 days subscribed. Worked fine...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ubisoft+ not allowing me to play the downloaded games after 15 days subscribed. Worked fine...: After purchasing Ubisoft+ on my Xbox one it ran perfect for 15 days then out of nowhere said i wasnt able to access the games i downloaded.original subscription was on 10/6 and it is showing that...
  10. I own Plants vs Zombies 1 on my Xbox one. I need to know if I subscribe to Game Pass Core...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Plants vs Zombies 1 on my Xbox one. I need to know if I subscribe to Game Pass Core...: I own Plants vs. Zombies 1 (not GW2 or Nieghborville) for the Xbox one. It is downloaded onto the console. If I subscribe to Game Pass Core will that give me access to play the game fully? I...