Stupid questions for a novice.

Discus and support Stupid questions for a novice. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm playing survival on easy and I have a decent house built up in some trees. I'm wondering what I do next? Where the heck do you find ingredients... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by brandiesel1, Oct 20, 2014.

1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

So I'm playing survival on easy and I have a decent house built up in some trees. I'm wondering what I do next? Where the heck do you find ingredients to make potions and or enchantments? How do I go about finding the dragon? Do I run around the map looking?
    I've stayed relatively close to my house. Thanks.

:)

brandiesel1, Oct 20, 2014
  2. Controller Stuck ON, Controller Does Not Respond to Button Presses, XBOX One Not Playing Game

I would like to add another little point about the controller (playing ghosts) when trying to go faster and I press up and down to go faster (like it says) but no amount of pressing can get the character to move faster my controller will not work ' or
    in the red writing it says the RORK FILE NOT FOUND, ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS I'm a novice so excuse possible stupid question thanks

coolpolitealex (basic knowledge), Oct 20, 2014
  3. TopFire
    TopFire Guest
    Any Tips For A Novice Mage

Yes it is. Having a fun time playing as a mage. Sucks when you stumble up a Draugr Overlord that has an ebony bow with ebony arrows. One hit kill every time. =/

TopFire, Oct 20, 2014
  4. Stupid questions for a novice.

My advice would be to keep on doing what you're doing. For someone with little to zero knowledge of this game (from the sounds of your post) the best way to stumble on these things is discovery...or the minecraft wikipage website.

When I first started playing I had zero clues as to how anything worked. (I started on the xbox 360 version, then loved it so much I bought the pc version, and now the xbox one version) So what I personally did to obtain the items I wanted to have was to
    spend a lot of time reviewing the "what's new" (I think that's what it's called) section in the options...it's the section that tells you about each item etc. in more depth. I also opened up the crafting menu and used the fact that the xbox 360 version tells
    you the necessary ingredients needed to make said item to my advantage. So for instance if I saw an anvil, and saw it might be something I wanted to make, I would see the ingredients, then go about learning how to obtain those ingredients.

At first my world was hell. Pure hell. Hiding in holes in the ground for days on end every time nightfall hit. I once spent two days in a dark hole with another friend because we were desperate to survive and feared peeking out lol. Eventually though we
    got into the swing of things and as of now I've got a castle, working railway system, a tree reserve, multiple dwellings, tons of resources, etc.

I would just focus on things you would like to accomplish. Tired of walking around a mountain to get home before night fall? KNOCK IT DOWN! Need somewhere to store all your new tools? BUILD A SHED! etc. etc. etc. lol. At the moment I spend my time on another
    world using creative mode to build towers of adventure to torture other would be adventurers who dare attempt them.

Good luck...you'll eventually get to the "end".

PANdaRUS-B7999C02-2213-4F07-B849-6BF5117D6D21, Oct 23, 2014
  5. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Thanks for the detailed post and the tips.

brandiesel1, Oct 25, 2014
  6. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Im just about to start making a monster spawner as I need experience really badly (enchanting items uses experience)

I built my first one, and it worked......sort of. The problem was that the monsters spawned, but not very often. Looked on the net and found its because its too close to the ground, it needs to be 128 blocks away from ground level.

So I now have to build the exact same thing, but 128 blocks up in the sky, this thing is going to be HUGE!!! but I should be able to farm experience all day Stupid questions for a novice. :D

Shaggy2000, Oct 28, 2014
  7. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    As for the next update, no idea when its going to be released, they've only just confirmed what to expect in it, they did say a few weeks ago that we should expect it any time soon, so I would say next year at the earliest.

Shaggy2000, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Shaggy2000 Win User

Im just about to start making a monster spawner as I need experience really badly (enchanting items uses experience)

I built my first one, and it worked......sort of. The problem was that the monsters spawned, but not very often. Looked on the net and found its because its too close to the ground, it needs to be 128 blocks away from ground level.

So I now have to build the exact same thing, but 128 blocks up in the sky, this thing is going to be HUGE!!! but I should be able to farm experience all day :D
  9. brandiesel1 Win User

Thanks for the detailed post and the tips.
  10. Shaggy2000 Win User

As for the next update, no idea when its going to be released, they've only just confirmed what to expect in it, they did say a few weeks ago that we should expect it any time soon, so I would say next year at the earliest.
  11. PANdaRUS-B7999C02-22 Win User

My advice would be to keep on doing what you're doing. For someone with little to zero knowledge of this game (from the sounds of your post) the best way to stumble on these things is discovery...or the minecraft wikipage website.

When I first started playing I had zero clues as to how anything worked. (I started on the xbox 360 version, then loved it so much I bought the pc version, and now the xbox one version) So what I personally did to obtain the items I wanted to have was to
    spend a lot of time reviewing the "what's new" (I think that's what it's called) section in the options...it's the section that tells you about each item etc. in more depth. I also opened up the crafting menu and used the fact that the xbox 360 version tells
    you the necessary ingredients needed to make said item to my advantage. So for instance if I saw an anvil, and saw it might be something I wanted to make, I would see the ingredients, then go about learning how to obtain those ingredients.

At first my world was hell. Pure hell. Hiding in holes in the ground for days on end every time nightfall hit. I once spent two days in a dark hole with another friend because we were desperate to survive and feared peeking out lol. Eventually though we
    got into the swing of things and as of now I've got a castle, working railway system, a tree reserve, multiple dwellings, tons of resources, etc.

I would just focus on things you would like to accomplish. Tired of walking around a mountain to get home before night fall? KNOCK IT DOWN! Need somewhere to store all your new tools? BUILD A SHED! etc. etc. etc. lol. At the moment I spend my time on another
    world using creative mode to build towers of adventure to torture other would be adventurers who dare attempt them.

Good luck...you'll eventually get to the "end".
  12. coolpolitealex (basi Win User

Controller Stuck ON, Controller Does Not Respond to Button Presses, XBOX One Not Playing Game

I would like to add another little point about the controller (playing ghosts) when trying to go faster and I press up and down to go faster (like it says) but no amount of pressing can get the character to move faster my controller will not work ' or
    in the red writing it says the RORK FILE NOT FOUND, ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS I'm a novice so excuse possible stupid question thanks
Thema:

1. Stupid questions for a novice. - Similar Threads - Stupid questions novice

2. its a stupid question but will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    its a stupid question but will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect...: exactly what i said will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect like name city postal code or adress when purchasing minecraft? f7e6b1b0-d775-4830-937c-3dd8c872649e
  3. I know this maybe a stupid question

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know this maybe a stupid question: Hi I was just wondering Could I use my Microsoft balance to buy a console or can I not do that? 1f2eb6f2-70f6-4183-8b1e-95c3593149a5
  4. Stupid question but. If I leave the preview program will the update reverse and stop...

in XboX Insiders
    Stupid question but. If I leave the preview program will the update reverse and stop...: I really don’t want to but I want to actually play a game. As it’s just a streaming TV device now. submitted by /u/DarkendHarv [link] [comments]
  5. Stupid question?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stupid question?: Just started playing the game and I would like to knock out some side quests and hopefully build my stats before I get too far. Been exploring the city and opening up the map but have not come...
  6. Stupid question (Rodeo)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stupid question (Rodeo): How do you initiate the rodeo mechanic? I have done it once in a game, by accident... is there a button or timing sequence? Once you are mounted, do you automatically remove the coverplate, or is...
  7. Stupid Newbie Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stupid Newbie Question: I'm a newbie with a stupid question. On the Xbox One S how do you exit games back to dashboard without turning off console. There has to be a button combination to push on the controller....
  8. No doubt a stupid question...

in XBoX on Consoles
    No doubt a stupid question...: Anyone know how to change the gamercard/avatar displayed on our posts here? Mine seems to be a little out of date... 00a30e32-5e3e-48b6-aabc-7d39f1f2e3cd
  9. Possibly a Stupid Question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possibly a Stupid Question.: This might so stupid, but I have to ask it. So today I downloaded Destiny BETA, which is pretty much my first BETA game I have ever played/downloaded. I was wondering do I have this BETA forever...
  10. Stupid question but have to ask

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stupid question but have to ask: If i use Kinect for in game chat am guessing anyone in the house who speaks people will hear them in the lobby or party. anyway to drown them out c22f9d3d-30c5-465e-8ae6-21aa1f10854d