Stupid question but have to ask

Discus and support Stupid question but have to ask in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do you know if kinect is working in the lobby any indication? i know with headset it flashes up in the lobby Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MessiahBrowny, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Stupid question but have to ask

How do you know if kinect is working in the lobby any indication?

i know with headset it flashes up in the lobby

MessiahBrowny, Jan 3, 2014
  2. sorry got another question if i have my headset plugged into controller and my kinect chat on,is it true kinect wont pick anything up in game chat,

so basically if that's true i could plug headset in mute and ill get silence in the background.and when i want to talk unplug headset and kinect will pick my voice up for in game.

MessiahBrowny, Jan 3, 2014
  3. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    When the volume is higher when calibrating... it sort of says OK... this is the sound a game will make and this is how it looks.... COMING FROM YOUR SPEAKERS,,, where it comes from and how loud... so during play.. if it picks up another sound... chances
    are it is coming from the direction of the controller and then it listens for the XBOX command.. if it is louder than normal.. it helps cancelling out "other background sounds"

Lobby?? I guess you mean COD>? well... if you have the Kienct as a mic.. guess what??? It is your mic and should work the same.. there is no difference to the game where your voice is being picked up from....

Not sure what you mean about plug in and mute... a mute for your mic is only for YOUR voice... you will still hear everything and since you have Kinect set as mic... it wouldnt matter.. anything you say will be picked up by the Kinect...

tohellnbak, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Stupid question but have to ask

Cheers for that help

so basically if i have done the callibration right any noise my child makes whilst playing will not be heard during lobby chat and gameplay..

i didnt know the controller played apart

MessiahBrowny, Jan 4, 2014
  5. LTA Soldier
    LTA Soldier Guest
    Yeah if you plug your headset in kinect will stop acting as a mic, i always have my headset in for games and just let the chat come through that then mute it with the button when talking to people in the house, so yeah you could keep pluggin it and unplugging
    it to but it would wear the connector down i assume

LTA Soldier, Jan 4, 2014
  6. So if am correct use Kinect as mic.

plug controller in will mute Kinect so no one can hear you..unplug mic from controller and Kinect will work again..

am guessing you have to keep headset on to hear other people or are you suppose to listen to them thorugh your tv

Why cant they hurry with this adapter.

sorry about the questions

MessiahBrowny, Jan 4, 2014
  7. LTA Soldier
    LTA Soldier Guest
    yeah chat will come out of the headset also when you plug it in, not sure if you can change this setting still, i know my mates bro used to always have chat coming out the tv and just used the headset to talk dunno if that carried over tho.

but yeah plug the mic in people can only what your headset picks up tho you can mute that with a button press and when you unlug it your kinect will take back over and the voice will return to your tv aswell.

LTA Soldier, Oct 31, 2018
  8. LTA Soldier Win User

Yeah if you plug your headset in kinect will stop acting as a mic, i always have my headset in for games and just let the chat come through that then mute it with the button when talking to people in the house, so yeah you could keep pluggin it and unplugging
    it to but it would wear the connector down i assume
  9. MessiahBrowny Win User

i have samsung tv starting 15 volume.so the higher i have it when doing the test.will help with background noise?????

how tho
  10. xPsycoticBreakx Win User

And as it goes , along with what @tohellnback said.....what is everybodys starting volumn and loud volumn.it may help get everybodys callibrated correctly,sound wise.

-

Starting:20 loud:80 out of 100 on my samsung.
  11. MessiahBrowny Win User

Ok thanks so am guessing you just turn on chat..then when am on cod ghost people will hear me if i talk.will there be a microphone showing up like if you had a headset
  12. MessiahBrowny Win User

sorry got another question if i have my headset plugged into controller and my kinect chat on,is it true kinect wont pick anything up in game chat,

so basically if that's true i could plug headset in mute and ill get silence in the background.and when i want to talk unplug headset and kinect will pick my voice up for in game.
Thema:

1. Stupid question but have to ask - Similar Threads - Stupid question ask

2. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  3. its a stupid question but will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    its a stupid question but will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect...: exactly what i said will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect like name city postal code or adress when purchasing minecraft? f7e6b1b0-d775-4830-937c-3dd8c872649e
  4. I know this maybe a stupid question

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know this maybe a stupid question: Hi I was just wondering Could I use my Microsoft balance to buy a console or can I not do that? 1f2eb6f2-70f6-4183-8b1e-95c3593149a5
  5. Stupid question but. If I leave the preview program will the update reverse and stop...

in XboX Insiders
    Stupid question but. If I leave the preview program will the update reverse and stop...: I really don’t want to but I want to actually play a game. As it’s just a streaming TV device now. submitted by /u/DarkendHarv [link] [comments]
  6. Stupid question?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stupid question?: Just started playing the game and I would like to knock out some side quests and hopefully build my stats before I get too far. Been exploring the city and opening up the map but have not come...
  7. Stupid question (Rodeo)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stupid question (Rodeo): How do you initiate the rodeo mechanic? I have done it once in a game, by accident... is there a button or timing sequence? Once you are mounted, do you automatically remove the coverplate, or is...
  8. Stupid Newbie Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stupid Newbie Question: I'm a newbie with a stupid question. On the Xbox One S how do you exit games back to dashboard without turning off console. There has to be a button combination to push on the controller....
  9. No doubt a stupid question...

in XBoX on Consoles
    No doubt a stupid question...: Anyone know how to change the gamercard/avatar displayed on our posts here? Mine seems to be a little out of date... 00a30e32-5e3e-48b6-aabc-7d39f1f2e3cd
  10. Possibly a Stupid Question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possibly a Stupid Question.: This might so stupid, but I have to ask it. So today I downloaded Destiny BETA, which is pretty much my first BETA game I have ever played/downloaded. I was wondering do I have this BETA forever...