Stupid question but have to ask

Discus and support Stupid question but have to ask in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If i use Kinect for in game chat am guessing anyone in the house who speaks people will hear them in the lobby or party. anyway to drown them out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MessiahBrowny, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Stupid question but have to ask

If i use Kinect for in game chat am guessing anyone in the house who speaks people will hear them in the lobby or party.

anyway to drown them out

:)

MessiahBrowny, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Stupid Question but I need to ask.

[quote user="Sir Vilhelm"]

I think he was laughing because with the internet who needs a strat guide these days?

[/quote]

Most people don't buy them for their information, they get them because they are fans of the game and like to collect them Stupid question but have to ask :)

Argonian Leader, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Stupid Question but I need to ask.

If you bought 5th aniversary of oblivion you got a voucher for $10 off the purchase of guide and game. So it was a whopping $5 or something.

SnEaKyNiNjA523, Jan 3, 2014
  4. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

why would a headset mic be any different? but to be honest.... the sound is directional towards the controller... it should partially block out the surrounding noise and focus on you alone...yeah.. things will get heard,,,, but not as much as you would
    think (this all being that your Kinect is properly calibrated)

tohellnbak, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Yes it will pick up anything and everything.

MaximumExtreme, Jan 3, 2014
  6. Yes I have heard the a lot of voices/noises in the backround while playing against people who have their kinect turned on as a mic. It can be switched off as a setting which allows the kinect to work but not be used as a mic for in game chat.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Jan 3, 2014
  7. Ok thanks so am guessing you just turn on chat..then when am on cod ghost people will hear me if i talk.will there be a microphone showing up like if you had a headset

8. Stupid question but have to ask

My mic not working well.i like to pause and unpause when talking so people dont hear my son playing

9. I can imagine this being a big problem. A lot of my friends play in very noisy households.

BizarroMantis, Jan 3, 2014
  10. yep he likes to make a noise and i dont think its fair for others to hear him, i dont fancy buying another xbox headset id rather wait for a turtle beach

11. Yes I have been paranoid about people hearing my conversations and my dog barking while having my kinect on so now I just have it switched off chat when I am not in a party. Sometimes I like using it as a mic though.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Jan 3, 2014
  12. StrangerJim
    StrangerJim Guest
    The Kinect does filter out some background noise, like the game your playing, but some other noise do get through. It seams about the same as a head mic.

StrangerJim, Jan 3, 2014
  13. Stupid question but have to ask

Messiah....on the sound callibration,,, wack ya volumn up as much as poss.....when it asks without distortion of the sound....this then separates tv volimn and sets the filtering of external noise,from your voice while holding the controller while playing,.which
    will minimize the amount of family noise when ya playing. Stupid question but have to ask :)

-

Awesome bit of kit!

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 3, 2014
  14. And as it goes , along with what @tohellnback said.....what is everybodys starting volumn and loud volumn.it may help get everybodys callibrated correctly,sound wise.

-

Starting:20 loud:80 out of 100 on my samsung.

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 3, 2014
  15. i have samsung tv starting 15 volume.so the higher i have it when doing the test.will help with background noise?????

how tho

Thema:

1. Stupid question but have to ask - Similar Threads - Stupid question ask

2. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  3. its a stupid question but will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    its a stupid question but will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect...: exactly what i said will minecraft.net tell you if anything of your info is incorrect like name city postal code or adress when purchasing minecraft? f7e6b1b0-d775-4830-937c-3dd8c872649e
  4. I know this maybe a stupid question

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know this maybe a stupid question: Hi I was just wondering Could I use my Microsoft balance to buy a console or can I not do that? 1f2eb6f2-70f6-4183-8b1e-95c3593149a5
  5. Stupid question but. If I leave the preview program will the update reverse and stop...

in XboX Insiders
    Stupid question but. If I leave the preview program will the update reverse and stop...: I really don’t want to but I want to actually play a game. As it’s just a streaming TV device now. submitted by /u/DarkendHarv [link] [comments]
  6. Stupid question?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stupid question?: Just started playing the game and I would like to knock out some side quests and hopefully build my stats before I get too far. Been exploring the city and opening up the map but have not come...
  7. Stupid question (Rodeo)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stupid question (Rodeo): How do you initiate the rodeo mechanic? I have done it once in a game, by accident... is there a button or timing sequence? Once you are mounted, do you automatically remove the coverplate, or is...
  8. Stupid Newbie Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stupid Newbie Question: I'm a newbie with a stupid question. On the Xbox One S how do you exit games back to dashboard without turning off console. There has to be a button combination to push on the controller....
  9. No doubt a stupid question...

in XBoX on Consoles
    No doubt a stupid question...: Anyone know how to change the gamercard/avatar displayed on our posts here? Mine seems to be a little out of date... 00a30e32-5e3e-48b6-aabc-7d39f1f2e3cd
  10. Possibly a Stupid Question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possibly a Stupid Question.: This might so stupid, but I have to ask it. So today I downloaded Destiny BETA, which is pretty much my first BETA game I have ever played/downloaded. I was wondering do I have this BETA forever...