Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.

Discus and support Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Minecraft Education app downloaded on school Microsoft laptops. Message when logging into Minecraft Education keeps saying unable to connect reset... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DURACK Julia [Carine, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.

Minecraft Education app downloaded on school Microsoft laptops. Message when logging into Minecraft Education keeps saying unable to connect reset client. Help! Students can't join each others worlds

:)

DURACK Julia [Carine, Sep 18, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.

Hello DURACK Julia,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue connecting to Minecraft Education which is experienced by students. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

The issue you are describing here is in-game specific issue and best address to the game developer support team. Let us help you how to get there.

If we may ask, are you the school I.T admin? Minecraft Education is managed by school I.T admin and is responsible for submitting a ticket for any issue related to the game. To submit a ticket request, click on the link below and fill out the form completely.

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

3. CarTzy Win User

Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:

Hello silly cat555,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have some questions or issues related to Minecraft Education. This is not something that we can assist you with directly, as Minecraft Education is a separate product from Xbox. However, you can find helpful resources and support from the Minecraft Education community, which is a dedicated platform for educators and students who use Minecraft in their classrooms. To access the Minecraft Education community, please visit Community | Minecraft Education. There, you can browse the forums, or submit a support request. I hope this information helps you resolve your issue.

Have a great day!
  4. siddh phegade Win User

I AM NOT ABLE TO JOIN PREMIUIM SERVERS

sure there are two types of messages

1. Failed to authenticate your connection.

2.You are not logged into your minecraft account . If you are logged into your minecraft account , try restarting your minecraft client.

btw im able to join cracked servers perfectly fine

just not premiuim servers
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Student discounts

You are missing my point..

If the student discount is not for educational purposes, why should students get the discount?

If you say its for microsofts financial gain, surely the people out there earning money and with disposable incomes should get the discount, not students.
  6. Lumie Helps Win User

Minecraft Launcher says every time log in server_error: The contextID supplied in the request did not have a matching cookie

Hi there 77 P.

I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues playing Minecraft.

The error message "server_error: The contextID supplied in the request did not have a matching cookie" typically points to an issue related to authentication and session management between your Minecraft client and the authentication server. Here’s a comprehensive approach to troubleshooting and resolving the issue:

Clear Client-Specific Data
    While you mentioned clearing browser cookies and history, it’s essential to clear specific data related to the Minecraft clients (Feather client and other custom clients) you are using:

Feather Client:

Navigate to the Feather Client's installation directory and find the configuration or cache folders. These are usually in a folder named something like .feather or similar.
    Delete any cached data or temporary files.

Other Minecraft Clients:

Similarly, for any other Minecraft clients, locate their installation directories and clear cache and configuration data.

Check Client Authentication Settings
    Ensure that the Minecraft clients are correctly configured to authenticate with your account:

Feather Client:

Go to the settings or options within the Feather client and re-enter your Minecraft credentials.
    Look for any options related to session or token handling and reset or refresh them.

Update or Reinstall Clients
    The issue might be due to outdated or corrupted client files:

Feather Client:

Uninstall the Feather client.
    Download the latest version from the official Feather client website and reinstall it.

Adjust Firewall and Antivirus Settings
    Sometimes, sensitive firewall or antivirus settings might block authentication requests:

Windows Firewall:

Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
    Ensure that your Minecraft clients are allowed through the firewall.

Antivirus Software:

Check your antivirus settings and make sure that the Minecraft clients are not being blocked.

Use a Different Network
    Network-related issues might affect the ability to authenticate correctly:

Try connecting to a different network (e.g., a mobile hotspot) to see if the issue persists.
    This can help identify if the problem is with your current network setup.

Review and Adjust Java Settings
    Minecraft and its clients rely heavily on Java:

Ensure that you have the latest version of Java installed.
    Go to Control Panel > Java and in the Security tab, add the Feather client and other Minecraft clients to the exception site list if necessary.

Examine Host File
    Sometimes, entries in your host file might block connections to certain servers:

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.
    Open the hosts file with Notepad and ensure that there are no entries blocking Minecraft or Mojang servers.

Revisit Microsoft Account Settings
    Ensure that your Minecraft account is properly linked with your Microsoft account:

Go to account.microsoft.com and verify that your Minecraft account is properly linked.
    Check if there are any security settings or unusual activity that might affect your login.

Advanced Troubleshooting with Logs
    For a deeper look into what might be causing the issue:

Check the log files of the Minecraft clients for any error messages or unusual activity.
    Logs are usually located in the installation directory under a folder named logs or similar.

I hope this helps.

I shall be here for your response. -Lumie
Thema:

1. Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client. - Similar Threads - Students can't log

2. Is there a way to get a free Xbox developer account for students.

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to get a free Xbox developer account for students.: I heard about a way to claim a Microsoft partner center promo code for free on azure if you're a verified student, but it's long gone now. My question is, how to claim a promo code if you are a...
  3. Students using 1.20.81 unable to join each other's worlds

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Students using 1.20.81 unable to join each other's worlds: I am teaching a Minecraft-based class to a group of students using Minecraft PE (not education edition). As of about three weeks ago, they can no longer join each other's worlds. Do you know of a...
  4. student developer profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    student developer profile: Hi I have the Azure student developer profile but I was wondering how to get a code for the developer profile so I can deploy apps to Xbox for testing thank you 1c881700-8e02-49d2-965c-c04bf84120ff
  5. Our students can't connect to each others worlds in Minecraft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Our students can't connect to each others worlds in Minecraft: Our students are using Minecraft on iPads 6th Generation iOS 16.4.1 (a) When they try to host their islands they get an "unable to connect" error. Any help or suggestion would be greatly...
  6. Achievement: The student surpasses the master in modern warfare 2 campaign remastered won’t...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Achievement: The student surpasses the master in modern warfare 2 campaign remastered won’t...: The achievement in the mission S.S.D.D on call of duty modern warfare 2 won’t unlock for me what I should I do? I already sent a bug report to activision I spent over an hour to get 2 perfect runs...
  7. Student or work account does not disconnect

in XBoX Accessibility
    Student or work account does not disconnect: Good night. I signed into a work or school account on the microsoft store, and now when I go to the xbox website, it goes to it and I can't remove it. 07614cdb-45eb-4bc6-9f45-023729112de5
  8. I need my Xbox account reinstated. I am a college student with children who has spent...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need my Xbox account reinstated. I am a college student with children who has spent...: So I have some enforcement history of calling people names, did it again a few days ago and had my account permanently suspended. Tried to appeal it and it was upheld I really don't know what to...
  9. Account Amazon Prime Student su XBOX ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Account Amazon Prime Student su XBOX ONE: Buonasera, Ho installato Prime Video su XBOX ONE poichè sono iscritto a Prime student ma non mi fa accedere all'app con quell'account perchè si connette automaticamente all'account XBOX e non mi...
  10. SOY ESTUDIANTE Y QUIERO PEDIR LAS LICENCIAS PRA CREAR JUEGOS EN XBOX (I AM A STUDENT AND I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    SOY ESTUDIANTE Y QUIERO PEDIR LAS LICENCIAS PRA CREAR JUEGOS EN XBOX (I AM A STUDENT AND I...: HOLA, SOY ESTUDIANTE EN INGENIERIA INTERACTIVA Y ANIMACION DIGITAL, AHORA ESTOY CREANDO UN JUEGO Y QUISIERA COMPARTIRLO EN XBOX, PERO PARA ESO NECESITO UNA XBOX ONE LIBRE PARA PODER CARGAR MIS...