Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app

Discus and support Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to install a game (Among Us) via the eGame pass mobile app to my PC ( I cannot seem to install it directly from MArketPlace, and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by G-Oker, Dec 3, 2021.

  1. G-Oker
    G-Oker Guest

    Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app


    Hi,

    I am trying to install a game (Among Us) via the eGame pass mobile app to my PC ( I cannot seem to install it directly from MArketPlace, and the install button is greyed out ).

    Pc meets game specs.

    I have an active Ultimate Game pass for PC and Console pass .

    When I select install from the app, it already sees my Pc, and select the install button again.

    the app now sits there for a while saying "Waiting For <machinename>", and then says (after a while "waiting" ) "error connecting to <machine name>".

    PC has been rebooted. and the Gaming services service is running (strangle though, there are 2 listed ).

    Is there anything else I need/ can check to make this work ?

    Thank You in advance for your time.

    EXTRA INFO.

    The XBOX app on my machine says "Having trouble installing or launching games". I have tried installing the same game from this app, and it says "progress 0% . Erro installing". I have opened powershell (as admin) and ran " Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers" , reopened Xbox app, and installed the Gaming service, but I still get the same issues / message.

    :)
     
    G-Oker, Dec 3, 2021
    #1
  2. G-Oker Win User

    Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app

    I have figured out and resolved the issue.

    It seemed to be my 3rd party firewall (Zonealarm).

    Just disabling it didn't resolve the issue, it needed uninstalling, and then the PC rebooting for me to be able to install (game pass) games via the Xbox windows app.

    I then reinstalled the firewall and tried the Xbox app again, and the green "having trouble installing..." bar was not present.

    Thank you everyone for your help. I hope my findings help others also.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

    Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app

    HI G-Oker,

    Hope you are doing fine.

    We would like to follow up your concern.

    You may also try what Farscape247 had suggested.

    Kindly let us know if you still have issue by posting a reply.



    Kind regards,

  4. Farscape247 Win User

    Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app

    don't think you can remote install to pc from the xbox app, that is a feature for console as it can wake the console and auto install.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

    Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app

    Thanks for the detailed response, G-Oker.

    It seems like we need to perform another troubleshooting in here. We would suggest these troubleshooting below and let us know if this works.

    • Create new user profile for Windows.
    • Reinstall Windows.
      • Do you have files that is saved on system folders? If yes, please move it to your desktop or somewhere your personal files were saved.
      • Please check this link: Download Windows 10
      • Before you proceed, please read the following notes:
        • Under Privacy, look for Using the tool to upgrade this PC to Windows 10 (click to show more or less information).
        • On number 5 please make sure to select Keep personal files and apps. Otherwise, if not found please abort or do not continue!
        • You may now select the "Download tool now".
        • Follow through the steps under Using the tool to upgrade this PC to Windows 10 (click to show more or less information).
    Hope this helps!

    Kind regards,

  6. G-Oker Win User

    Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app

    HI Kathy,

    Thank you for getting back to me.

    I have tried other games (Rubber Bandits) and have the same issue.

    I can remote install to XBOX ok, it's just my PC.

    Firewall/AV etc have been disabled, and the Apps tried. Same issue.

    From the windows 10 Xbox App, it has the green bar across the top that reads " Having Trouble installing or launching games ? Fix it now" .

    I follow the instructions ( Installing all the Windows updates. Running the power script and reinstalling Gaming Services Service , and rebooting Pc), but the green bar/message comes back, and I am unable to use the Windows 10 app , or Game Pass Mobile app on my mobile device, to install any games.

    I have also tried running wsreset.exe , but that doesn't seem to have resolved this issue either.

    Thanks

    EXTRA info

    -------------

    I Now see this when trying to reinstall gaming services.


    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]


    and no services already installed


    [​IMG]


    I ran sfc /scannow, and it corrected some corruption , but am still unable to install gaming services now. so, issue has got worse (seeming after installing the newest version of the XBOX app this am).

    the XBOX will not close normally. I have to bring up task manager and kill the app (inc runtime broker and Xbox App Services.exe)

    MORE INFO

    -----

    I have got Gaming services installed, but I', now back at square one (ie: unable to install games. Xbox app reads "Having trouble installing or launching games? Fix it now".

    GamingServicesNet is runinng.

    GamingServices is NOT running, and failed to start ( error 31: a device attached to the system is not functioning).

    Event viewer shows the following when I try and start a download :


    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]
Thema:

Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app

Loading...
  1. Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app - Similar Threads - Stuck remote installing

  2. Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work: Hi everyone, I need some help with my Xbox One X. My console was previously enrolled in the Xbox Insider/Preview program. I formatted the original internal HDD, and now the console is stuck in the...
  3. Got 100% in Fast & Furious Horizon 2, Mythic award stuck at 96% Beta level insider

    in XboX Insiders
    Got 100% in Fast & Furious Horizon 2, Mythic award stuck at 96% Beta level insider: Yesterday I went looking at my games to see if any were close to 100%. I found the fast and furious Forza Horizon 2 game was only missing the 50,000 point skill chain achievement. I took the...
  4. 10.5 Year Legacy Insider stuck at Level 3 Delta. Any chance for a Beta ring override?

    in XboX Insiders
    10.5 Year Legacy Insider stuck at Level 3 Delta. Any chance for a Beta ring override?: I opened up my Xbox Insider Hub today and saw that I have been a member of the program for 10 years and 6 months. I hadn't been very active on the app activities over the years, so I was sitting...
  5. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  6. Delta ring – Insider Hub profile stuck at 1 report

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta ring – Insider Hub profile stuck at 1 report: I’m in the Delta ring and have submitted multiple Insider reports. I start the report on my Xbox console, click Report a problem, then scan the QR code to finish it on my phone. I get the...
  7. To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...

    in XboX Insiders
    To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...: Ive tried Restarting my console Downloading the bundle instead of the independent app Downloading something else first submitted by /u/Uneasiermoon [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Privacy Settings Stuck On Customised

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Privacy Settings Stuck On Customised: Hi Everyone, My Xbox account has decided to lock my privacy settings into customised (with all communication turned off) so I cannot hear, access chat, type or add new friends. Every multiplayer...
  9. Xbox remote play stuck on 640x480p

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox remote play stuck on 640x480p: Hi, I keep having the same problem with remote play on my Xbox series s where my screen gets stuck on 640x480 resolution while bleeding down and to the right. I tried to restart the Xbox a few...
  10. Down inputs stuck on Remote play

    in XboX Insiders
    Down inputs stuck on Remote play: Hello, I have a very strange bug, on a quite exotic configuration I should admit :) I tried to Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, via the Xbox app (so far so good) installed on Parallel Desktop...