Stuck in gaming services loop on Xbox PC App

Discus and support Stuck in gaming services loop on Xbox PC App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using the Xbox pc app for several years with no issue. A few days ago, I was going to play a game, and got the message saying I needed to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DerekSomething, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Stuck in gaming services loop on Xbox PC App

I have been using the Xbox pc app for several years with no issue. A few days ago, I was going to play a game, and got the message saying I needed to install gaming services. I have followed the steps of entering commands into Powershell to remove and reinstall gaming services. This worked initially, but then I got the same error, and now it has gotten to the point where every time I reboot windows and launch the app, my installed games are gone and trying to install anything gives me the gaming services message again. I even tried resetting windows 11 to factory settings in the hopes that maybe I had just messed something up somewhere, but even after a fresh install, the problem persists. Last night I got gaming services to install, got the Xbox app to actually install games, and I queued up about 10 games to install to my C drive. Came back today, and all but one had installed, so I launched Forza, which hung on the splash screen for about 20 minutes until I closed it, at which point the Xbox app became unresponsive. I rebooted my pc, and again am being told to install gaming services. Did Microsoft roll out a buggy update or something? I am getting extremely frustrated paying for game pass, and owning games on the Xbox PC app, and not being able to play them.

My PC specs

3080ti

AMD Ryzen 5950x

32gb DDR4 RAM

xbox pc games are being installed to my C drive which is an nvme drive

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DerekSomething, Feb 1, 2023
  2. iPyrrhus Win User

Xbox PC App: 'We Couldn't Sign You in to Xbox Live (0x80004005)' When Already Signed in Preventing Me from Playing Games

Unfortunately neither of these worked...and for a while solution 1 put me in a loop. After removing RegEdit services, I got stuck in the following loop: Launch game from Xbox app->Windows Store prompt telling me it needs to install Game Services utility->Install Game Services utility in Windows Store->Try again to launch a game in Xbox app->Again opens Windows Store to install Game Services even though it was already installed->Repeat.

Fortunately I fixed that loop with step one of solution 2 (repairing Gaming Services function in the Windows settings>applications tab), but anyone else be warned that if you don't do that part too, the app will get stuck without Game Services able to run, then you can't launch any Xbox app games.

Anyway, yes, back to square one: Still getting the same Xbox Live Sign-In error when launching Wolfenstein after attempting both of those solutions. :(
  3. MichaelGoff2 Win User

Xbox App on PC looping to "gaming services"

Finally a solution that actually works!
  4. keedsneek Win User

I've tried this many times. Still doesn't work.
  5. GeoffreyTaylor4 Win User

Had same problem. Finally restarted computer and flight sim loads no problem. It seems to me that this will happen if you visit the App store and games then later try and start the flight sim. So either restart your computer or stay away from the App store if you are going to load flight sim. Well MS will fix it one day.
  6. keedsneek Win User

Now, gaming services won't download at all, and it's giving me an error code.
    [​IMG]
Thema:

Stuck in gaming services loop on Xbox PC App

1. Stuck in gaming services loop on Xbox PC App - Similar Threads - Stuck gaming services

2. Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update

in XboX Insiders
    Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update: I updated the Xbox game pass app and now every time i launch the app it just keeps saying i need to update the app its already updated any ideas please submitted by /u/Suspicious_Coach_233...
  3. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  4. Xbox game pass stuck on logo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass stuck on logo: the error occured when I was downloading ARK Survival Evolved and I read that I should change the name of "WindowsApps" folder to "WindowsApps.old" after that my app just kept crashing on start...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Performance Widget always stuck at 0 percent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Performance Widget always stuck at 0 percent: Hello, I was trying the performance widget for xbox game bar, however it does not seem to work. At random intervals, the xbox game bar just decides to stop and gets stuck at everything at 0...
  6. When I'm playing a game, when typing the keys get stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I'm playing a game, when typing the keys get stuck: For example like this: Hello have a greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Does not happen unless a demanding software is running. Also the in game character is also affected by the issue...
  7. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...
  8. Master Chief Collection Won't Run on PC. Stuck at 'Launch Game When Ready'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Master Chief Collection Won't Run on PC. Stuck at 'Launch Game When Ready': I've been stuck with this screen and haven't been able to find a solution. I've tried pretty much everything at this point. - Reset/repair/reinstall gamer service, Xbox App and Windows Store...
  9. Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services". How do I get my game to load and be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services". How do I get my game to load and be...: The game launches just fine. But upon hitting Start I am stuck with a loading screen that infinitely tries "Authenticating with services". As far as I know nothing is wrong with my...
  10. My game is stuck saying "installing game services. This may take a minute" still doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game is stuck saying "installing game services. This may take a minute" still doesn't...: My game is stuck saying "installing game services. This may take a minute" still doesn't work after an hour. 05c2f4b9-ed46-4ab6-97a2-702399e5b7d2