Struggling to get help form Microsoft for a broken console

Discus and support Struggling to get help form Microsoft for a broken console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there Please could someone help or point me to the right place as I’m getting nowhere Where I purchased my Xbox series x on release day it arrived... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by george newman, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Struggling to get help form Microsoft for a broken console

Hi there

Please could someone help or point me to the right place as I’m getting nowhere

Where I purchased my Xbox series x on release day it arrived broken (turning its self off) I accepted the mistake and sent it off to be fixed. A year or two later the problem is back and was obviously not fixed correctly.

Now the warranty is over and Microsoft want to charge me £280 to fix a mistake of their own doing this can’t be right.

Any help on who to contact would be great id like to try and be reasonable before taking any extreme measures

Thanks

George

:)

george newman, Oct 13, 2022
  2. george newman Win User

sorry I disagree the console had the exact same error when I brought it that was fixed and then has happened again. If this wasn’t down to the fix then is the console so poorly made that it can have such a big fault twice? A £500 machine?

It arrived new switching itself off it has now randomly started doing it again with no external damage to the machine

This is either the error not being fixed correctly or Microsoft selling products that are not up to advertised standards

This is not acceptable please advise
  3. george newman Win User

Even if that was true it’s not really good enough is it? That it’s broken twice in 2 years.

You don’t need to extend the warranty just offer a free repair im sure you would agree that’s only fair when I’ve clearly been sold a faulty product
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

I really understand the situation, George.

And I'm sorry I can't help in a better way, but unfortunately Microsoft doesn't offer this type of free repair.
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

I understand your frustration, of course.

But it's just that there's no way to have a connection between 2 errors, with 2 years difference between them.

But clearly I understand your point of view.

I wish you could advise otherwise, if there is any procedure in this case.

But unfortunately consoles out of warranty, microsoft has no way to extend the warranty.
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

george,

Iif the console was repaired, and it only presented the error after 2 years, it means that there is no connection between the 2 problems.

Only that the console got damaged, unfortunately.

And for out-of-warranty advice, microosft only offers paid repair.

Anyway, I'm sorry about this situation

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
Thema:

1. Struggling to get help form Microsoft for a broken console - Similar Threads - Struggling help form

2. Struggling to refund a dlc for deep rock galactic

in XBoX on Windows
    Struggling to refund a dlc for deep rock galactic: I have never refunded anything on xbox though when I tried to refund the supporter upgrade on deep rock galactic it refused me because I apparently had used all my refund requests. I would just...
  3. For anyone struggling to connect their XBOX controller wirelessly through bluetooth (ie...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For anyone struggling to connect their XBOX controller wirelessly through bluetooth (ie...: I spent weeks trying to figure out why I couldn't connect my Bluetooth devices to Windows 10. I built my pc by myself so for the longest time I thought maybe I had installed something wrong. After...
  4. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....: I have Twitch on my Xbox Series X, but the new console is very different from my last Xbox One. It has all these new settings from the updates, and everything is moved around. However, I'm trying...
  5. How can I talk to a living human being about my issue? I'm struggling with the website .

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I talk to a living human being about my issue? I'm struggling with the website .: I have a problem I cannot solve on the Microsoft customer website. I purchased a digital game gift for someone in Canada, unaware that I would not be able to send it to him. He cannot redeem the...
  6. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XboX Insiders
    Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....: I have Twitch on my Xbox Series X, but the new console is very different from my last Xbox One. It has all these new settings from the updates, and everything is moved around. However, I'm trying...
  7. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XBoX on Windows
  8. Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.: For the past month my computer has descended into an unplayable state. I recently discovered on Intel's XTU program that I am experiencing power limit throttling. Could this be what is the issue...
  9. Hi I am struggling with connecting the360 wireless x box controller to my Lenovo Yoga pc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I am struggling with connecting the360 wireless x box controller to my Lenovo Yoga pc...: Device name Lenovo Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1335U 1.30 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable) Device ID CFEA32CE-B35A-4D52-93AC-5E5CE0BF27F5 Product ID...
  10. Ive struggled for years on how do I make my NAT type open????Someone PLEASE HELP...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ive struggled for years on how do I make my NAT type open????Someone PLEASE HELP...: How do i change my NAT type to open???? 375e2364-442d-4db9-b526-d22f756e40ce