Strong Aliasing/bad graphics with refurbished Series X

Discus and support Strong Aliasing/bad graphics with refurbished Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am experiencing very strong aliasing on my brand new refurbished Series X console. When I first got it it wasn't noticeable, but now it is very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ruique, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Ruique
    Ruique Guest

I am experiencing very strong aliasing on my brand new refurbished Series X console. When I first got it it wasn't noticeable, but now it is very disturbing to me. I have tried changing monitors, cables, settings for the console and monitor and nothing seems to work. Either on performance mode or quality mode I'm experiencing very bad shimmering and textures to games like 2k23, Fortnite, Minecraft, Overwatch, GTA V, and more. What I've noticed for both games, the pixels are very visible when motion and movement is involved. Fortnite looks very blurry, 2k23 and Minecraft look VERY pixelated when movement is caused. I'm thinking of returning my Series X because I have been experiencing this problem for the past 1 and a half months. I have already tried getting a new monitor and it seems like it hasn't worked. The monitor I am using is an LG 1440p 120 hz monitor and it seems like that isn't the problem since I have already tried other monitors. If anyone could help to solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated, but I think I have done all I can and it looks like I will have to be returning this console back.

:)

Ruique, Dec 24, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Are you using native 1440 or 4K?
  3. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Ruique

Hope you are doing well today!

I just wanted to know if you tried to apply all the suggested methods above? May I know the result?

If any chance the issue still on going then I will provide additional methods on your next reply.

Thank You.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Ruique Win User

It is a Native 1440p 120 hz monitor, however it can run on 4k 60 hz. The monitor is not the problem I have been experiencing because I tested numerous monitors.
  5. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Ruique

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

6. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Ruique

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue playing games in which it gives you poor quality and it happened to most of your games in your computer. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• What is the current version and build of your windows computer? (Press the Windows key + R type winver then hit Enter)
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to possibly fix the issue?
    The following are the suggested methods to possibly correct the issue. Please be guided.

Method A. Update Windows

• Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Install all pending updates
    Method B. Update Drivers

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
    • Select the Graphic Driver, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you’d like to update.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • Select Update Driver.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    Method C. Clean Boot

• In the Search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the list of results.

[​IMG]
    • On the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all. Select Apply.

[​IMG]
    • On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select Open Task Manager.

[​IMG]
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each Enabled startup item, select the item and then select Disable. (Keep track of which items have been Disabled. You will need to know this later.)

[​IMG]
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Strong Aliasing/bad graphics with refurbished Series X - Similar Threads - Strong Aliasing bad

2. Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports: If I plug anything in the USB ports I get a strong smell of burning console works fine apart from that (series x) 956df062-b605-4881-8fd2-06b16d180691
  3. Elite controller has strong chemical smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller has strong chemical smell: I just bought the Microsoft Xbox Elite Controller 2. It has a very strong chemical smell, and it’s almost triggering my asthma. I’m wondering if this is going to go away after a few days, or if I...
  4. I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and...: I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and download games files in my laptop then transfer the files to my xbox series s?...
  5. Says 100% packet loss even though I’m hardwired and on strong internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Says 100% packet loss even though I’m hardwired and on strong internet: It will allow me to watch YouTube and any other streaming app but lags me out of games of COD with a 999 ping and kicks me from parties is there any fix? d32688da-6194-412e-a169-88e47f080bd4
  6. I have an strong issue . I have my Xbox on computer account . I have Microsoft game pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an strong issue . I have my Xbox on computer account . I have Microsoft game pass...: I have an strong issue . I have my Xbox on computer account . I have Microsoft game pass subscribtion but i have lost my account e-mail and password and i dont remember it. I have my card...
  7. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live with a strong internet connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live with a strong internet connection.: Hey so i'm having connection issues with xbox live on my xbox 360. It shows that I have a strong connection with my internet but it doesn't allow me to connect to xbox live. I tried many things. I...
  8. Xbox One Brightness too strong problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Brightness too strong problem: This issue suddenly presented itself today. My Xbox one today decided to show certain games in a very bright like display, it is like the brightness has been set to an ultra high level. I have...
  9. Hitman 3 on the PC won't open due to no internet when I have a strong connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman 3 on the PC won't open due to no internet when I have a strong connection: I downloaded Hitman 3 with gamepass and when I go to play it, I get to the starting screen where it says "press enter". When I press enter, it says I have no connection even though I have a strong...
  10. Strong aliasing Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strong aliasing Xbox Series X: Hi I got an Xbox Series X with my 28 inches 4K monitor. I am getting really bad aliasing issues in games such as Forza Horizon 5. I have already reset the console to its factory defaults and tried...