Strict NAT, Wired, TRIED EVERYTHING

Discus and support Strict NAT, Wired, TRIED EVERYTHING in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So ive had a problem for months on end with my nat type constantly being strict i have the BT Home Hub 5, Ive tried opening all the ports, ive tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Barry1956Allen, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Strict NAT, Wired, TRIED EVERYTHING

So ive had a problem for months on end with my nat type constantly being strict i have the BT Home Hub 5,

Ive tried opening all the ports, ive tried DMZ, static ip, resetting my router, powercycling my xbox, ive tried disconnecting all other devices, ive tried disabling and enabling upnp, helllppppppp

:)

Barry1956Allen, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Strict NAT, Tried everything

tried everything, never had a problem with my 360

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA,California

Modem brand & model number: No personal modem, just the ethernet outlet set up by my apartment complex

Router brand & model number: Cisco Linksys E900

Wired or wireless: wired

Things you have tried: putting xbone in dmz, port fowarding, switched the xbox off mode 

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? Strict, "Your network is behind a port-symmetric NAT"

Any Error Codes you encounter: 0x40000000400000000

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider): Cox Cable

RyanRitterbusch ✔, Oct 18, 2017
  3. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    Strict NAT, Tried everything

Yes, if I am correct that you are behind a NAT router and firewall they are managing. If, as I understand, you are getting Internet via CAT5e/6 from the wall and do not have your own modem, then that is almost certain. You can verify by looking at the WAN
    IP of your E900, as reported in its web interface. If it is a private class IP (see explanation at
    whatismyipaddress.com/private-ip), then your E900 is behind another NAT router--presumably your complex-wide one. It may be very difficult to convince them to open ports for you, and what
    if another resident with an Xbox One wants the same? A port can only be forwarded to one host at a time...

jmcode, Oct 18, 2017
  4. jmcode Win User

Yes, if I am correct that you are behind a NAT router and firewall they are managing. If, as I understand, you are getting Internet via CAT5e/6 from the wall and do not have your own modem, then that is almost certain. You can verify by looking at the WAN
    IP of your E900, as reported in its web interface. If it is a private class IP (see explanation at
    whatismyipaddress.com/private-ip), then your E900 is behind another NAT router--presumably your complex-wide one. It may be very difficult to convince them to open ports for you, and what
    if another resident with an Xbox One wants the same? A port can only be forwarded to one host at a time...
  5. RyanRitterbusch ✔ Win User

@Snakebit333 Tried what you said, but nothing worked :\

@GZA So basically I need to get in contact with my complex's IT and try and get them to open the ports on their end?
  6. jmcode Win User

It is likely because the Xbox 360 uses only IPv4. It does not have IPv6 support and does not use Teredo. The Xbox One fully supports IPv6, which is the future of the Internet (the supply of IPv4 addresses is pretty much exhausted). Because many ISPs and
    other parts of the Internet infrastructure (including many or most home users' routers) are not yet IPv6 capable (or have a broken implementation), the Xbox One uses a transition technology called Teredo to tunnel IPv6 over IPv4. Unfortunately, Teredo does
    not work in some setups such as symmetric NAT, double NAT, etc. Additionally, you have a problem in that your Xbox One is likely behind a symmetric NAT router over which you have no control--i.e. one run by your apartment complex. This means you cannot effectively
    forwards ports, enable UPnP, put the Xbox in DMZ, etc. (doing so on your own router is ineffective assuming I am correct that it is behind your complex's router).
  7. RyanRitterbusch ✔ Win User

same thing, strict nat when I plug it in from the wall. Its very frustrating I can chat with my friend in a Ghosts lobby, but when I join the Xbox Live party I can't hear him or it says "You can't join the party right now". 360 never had this problem don't
    know why it would start now
  8. MarkSelezenev Win User

Dr ritter, check what you use in network settings on the xbone. Is it ipv4 or ipv6.

If its ipv6 than your router does have some sort of tunneling and its possible to turn of ipv6 actually. I checked it. Basically go to setup -> IPV 6 setup and at the bottom it has tunnel try to enable that, its pretty cryptic what it says there but I presume
    its teredo tunneling. IF not try disabling ipv6 all together and then perhaps try DMZ again. Reply back with what happens please.
Thema:

Strict NAT, Wired, TRIED EVERYTHING

1. Strict NAT, Wired, TRIED EVERYTHING - Similar Threads - Strict NAT Wired

2. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  3. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  4. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  5. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. Xbox series X with now with Strict NAT after upgrading router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X with now with Strict NAT after upgrading router: I have an Xbox Series X that I've had online for a while and worked fine with an older router. I purchased a new router, input the proper values, TCP/UDP ports, set a static IP for the Xbox like...
  8. Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online: Both my Xbox companion and the Xbox networking settings have a strict NAT setting, so online playlists in FH4 are joinable, but they don't load in. The only way to exit is to restart the computer....
  9. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  10. Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps: How do i change my nat settings on my xbox one it stays on strict plz help i tried multiple ways no luck e91fb54e-f9a9-4ff6-ad6b-823559a35480