STRICT NAT TYPE

Discus and support STRICT NAT TYPE in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, recently upgraded to the xbox one. Ive had a 360 for years and never had any NAT problems. I managed to get it open for about 3 hours... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MapeXy, Jan 5, 2014.

1. MapeXy
    MapeXy Guest

STRICT NAT TYPE

Hey guys,

recently upgraded to the xbox one. Ive had a 360 for years and never had any NAT problems.

I managed to get it open for about 3 hours yesterday but didnt actually do anything.

My friend brought his one up as well and had the same problem so it must be an ISP/router problem

Im with O2 and have the O2 wireless box II

have tried all the troubleshooting and port forwarding (possibly wrongly), any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

:)

MapeXy, Jan 5, 2014
  2. TA Horizon
    TA Horizon Guest
    TA Horizon, Jan 5, 2014
  3. XeroSyphon
    XeroSyphon Guest
    Xbox One NAT type: Strict.... Help

If it's still strict after you open the proper ports, try resetting your modem and router, then hard reset your console.

This site will help you open the right ports
    Open Port

Just select your router and follow the instructions. Do not download anything from the site, it's not necessary. It's a safe site, but port forwarding manually is very easy.

XeroSyphon, Jan 5, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

STRICT NAT TYPE

Greetings MapeXy!

Follow the steps up front and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.

Browse to Xbox network settings and make sure IP and DNS settings are set to automatic and turn off your console.

Access the O2 wireless box II's web utility interface (log in as SuperUser, to make the relevant changes).

Make sure you have Port Forwarding and DMZ turned off/disabled on your router.

From the menu, select Home Network. Select Devices. Select
    Configure and choose the Xbox One from listed devices. Tick/enable the checkbox for
    Always use the same IP address. Click Apply.

Go to Toolbox and select Game & Application Sharing. Untick/disable
    UPnP (Universal Plug and Play). Click Apply.

Reboot the O2 wireless box and wait until it can connect properly.

Access the O2 wireless box and tick/enable UPnP. Click Apply and reboot.

Turn on your console and run a diagnostic test to Xbox LIVE.

Post back and let us know how that goes.

taidara, Jan 5, 2014
  5. MapeXy
    MapeXy Guest
    hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Tried the steps above, but sadly they did not work, NAT type is still showing as Strict and i still cannot play online STRICT NAT TYPE :(

MapeXy, Jan 5, 2014
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Could you go Toolbox and select Firewall. Turn off/disable the firewall. Save/Apply and reboot. It is perfectly safe to disable the firewall option on a NAT device.

Browse to Xbox network settings on your console and make sure they are set to obtain IP address and DNS settings automatic.

Select Alternate MAC address and select Clear.

Restart your console and run a diagnostic test to LIVE. From the Network settings screen, select Test multiplayer connection.

Post back and let us know that goes.

taidara, Jan 5, 2014
  7. MapeXy
    MapeXy Guest
    The option to turn off the firewall isnt there, Im logged in as the Admin.

the only options available to click on are overview and details

MapeXy, Jan 6, 2014
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

STRICT NAT TYPE

Which security level is the firewall set to?

If you click Details... could you detailing out the options that are listed on that page.

Could you go to Game & Application Sharing and make sure
    Use Extended Security
    is turned off.

Don't forget to save your changes.

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  9. TA Horizon Win User

Am able to connect to xbox live but cant play online

10. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

Cannot Send Friend Request

Hey there!

Okay, it may be down to your NAT Type being strict or moderate. Have a look at the

Nat Type Strict (Or Moderate)
    to find out if you have a strict or moderate NAT Type, and how to resolve it.

Keep us posted!
  11. It's TOm Win User

Cant join friend's Party

12. a tired old guy Win User

How do I change my NAT type?

13. a tired old guy Win User

Multiplayer lobby problem

Thema:

STRICT NAT TYPE

1. STRICT NAT TYPE - Similar Threads - STRICT NAT TYPE

2. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  3. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  4. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  5. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  6. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  7. How do I fix my strict nat type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my strict nat type: I can’t seam to get my att hot spot device to connect via open or moderate nat. Only strict I’ve tried wired wireless clearing MAC address several different ports restating both devices Nothing...
  8. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...
  9. Nat type strict fix pleas help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type strict fix pleas help me: Pleas help me fix nat type strict 8c74ac9b-4758-4916-9957-79bc3c94a7cc
  10. I can’t connect to GTA V ONLINE because it says my "NAT" type is Strict what can’t I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to GTA V ONLINE because it says my "NAT" type is Strict what can’t I do?: Hi, but I'm sitting through the distribution of the Internet through the phone and I can't configure the parameters of the "router".. 6463a9cc-3232-434e-9956-8f69641b09c0