Strict Nat Type .Xbox Series X. Please help

Discus and support Strict Nat Type .Xbox Series X. Please help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a strict nat type under the networking settings. Ive had this before but I was able to correct it by setting up a static ip address ( this was a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonathon Blanton, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Strict Nat Type .Xbox Series X. Please help

I have a strict nat type under the networking settings. Ive had this before but I was able to correct it by setting up a static ip address ( this was a previous isp as I moved to Texas from Iowa ) So now we have fiber optic internet with my same router (nighthawk) Ive done static ip, dmz server, directly hardwired from modem, resetting the console, it doesnt make a difference. Ive been seeing a ton of lag in online gaming and Im getting frustrated. Ive recently contacted the isp and they said everything looks good but suggested getting a public static ip setup but it would cost me an additional $10.. Anybody have some other suggestions or does that sound feasible? Its really the lag Im concerned with.. Thank you

:)

Jonathon Blanton, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Jonathon, the fixed IP is not mandatory ok?

But, your network really needs to be configured correctly, and an observation, it needs to be done on all internet devices ok? Modem, router, repeater and the like.

So you just need to configure your internet devices now.

They are unconfigured, so have access restrictions, causing these errors.

If you do not have knowledge, I advise you to contact the ISP that they will do for you

set a fixed ip for the console/PC, open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Put console/PC IP in DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can ask ISP(Internet Service Provider) for help

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. LoootenantDaaan Win User

I'm having the same problem right now. I forwarded all of my ports to the ones listed above when I moved into my new house and it worked fine until I bought a new series X. Now it's stuck on "Moderate" and I cant get it to change back to "Open".
  4. UncookedPond137 Win User

Xbox live friend already online..but keep getting notifications that he has come online every 10 mins or so.

I have strict Nat type on xbox one but open on 360, please help!?
  5. It's TOm Win User

Cant join friend's Party

6. AngelGetReal23 Win User

How to change Xbox one nat type from strict to moderate or open.

Hey I need help how to change nat type to open from strict? Please help. On Xbox one.
Thema:

1. Strict Nat Type .Xbox Series X. Please help - Similar Threads - Strict Nat Type

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  8. How do I fix my strict nat type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my strict nat type: I can’t seam to get my att hot spot device to connect via open or moderate nat. Only strict I’ve tried wired wireless clearing MAC address several different ports restating both devices Nothing...
  9. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...
  10. Nat type strict fix pleas help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type strict fix pleas help me: Pleas help me fix nat type strict 8c74ac9b-4758-4916-9957-79bc3c94a7cc