Strict NAT on ATT mobile hotspot

Discus and support Strict NAT on ATT mobile hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a ATT unite pro mobile hotspot that is my only internet option for where I live (near the city so i have good speed but off the road enough that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mottley78, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Mottley78
    Mottley78 Guest

I have a ATT unite pro mobile hotspot that is my only internet option for where I live (near the city so i have good speed but off the road enough that don't have cable). I can play my Xbox one online and have great speeds however i have a strict NAT that
    limits me joining some games and chatting. I have tried doing port forwarding, uPNP, and using dmz all without any change in NAT. I have done these with a static ip. Since it is through ATT and basically using cell phone internet is it even possible to
    ever get an open NAT? when i do the detailed network statistics it says I am behind a port-symmetric NAT. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the NAT open for this ATT hotspot and if so how?

Thank for your time and help

:)

Mottley78, Jan 6, 2014
  2. C45T4N3D4
    C45T4N3D4 Guest
    Lost connections in MP

Update. When I switch from my crap ATT DSL (5 download only .6 upload) to my iPhone 5s ATT lte hotspot the problem totally goes away. And so far the strict iphone nat seems to work just fine.

C45T4N3D4, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Att hot spot

we have switched to att mobile hot spot. Now the son can’t play with friends on live, says nat strict. Went through troubleshooting still no change. Anything else we can try?

running creeper, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Misses Joust
    Misses Joust Guest

G'day Mottley, sorry to hear about the connection troubles. Unfortunately mobile hotspots are not too flexible when it comes to setting the NAT type and opening ports, so the connection tends to stay moderate or strict. It's one reason why we don't recommend
    using hotspots for an Xbox Live connection. Officially I recommend you look into obtaining a home network, but if that's not possible then you may also want to play around with other hotspot devices to see if one yields better results.

Misses Joust, Jan 7, 2014
  5. Hey there, Mottley. Like Mrs. Joust said, mobile hotspots are not a recommended (or supported) connection type for your Xbox. This is for two reasons. First off, the nature of a cellular signal does not provide a stable enough platform to allow for smooth
    gameplay. Next (and more specific to your issue) a lot of cellular networks do what we call "back-end NATting". Unfortunately there is no way for you to change that. It is not a setting that you have any control over. It is performed on the cellular network
    side, and cell provider won't make those kinds of adjustments. I wish I had better news for you.

XB1R Hephaestus, Jan 7, 2014
  6. I feel your pain! I'm in the same situation using an AT&T hotspot. I hate it when someone says to get a better network. They have no clue how hard that is out in the sticks. As far as stability goes, my hotspot is more stable than other isp's I've had.
    I get a good LTE signal and I have gotten speeds up to 40.0 mbps down and 20.0 up with a low ping! The average is 10.0 - 15.0. But the NAT problem is a pain and it does cause issues when gaming. I can get an open NAT on my xbox 360 but never on my xbox
    one with my hotspot. So that tells me its just as much a problem with the xbox one as it is using a hotspot. I wish I could tell you how to fix it. I've worked hard on finding a solution the past few months.

NuclearSteveO, Jan 29, 2015
  7. Hey there NuclearSteveO!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there NuclearSteveO!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  9. NuclearSteveO Win User

I feel your pain! I'm in the same situation using an AT&T hotspot. I hate it when someone says to get a better network. They have no clue how hard that is out in the sticks. As far as stability goes, my hotspot is more stable than other isp's I've had.
    I get a good LTE signal and I have gotten speeds up to 40.0 mbps down and 20.0 up with a low ping! The average is 10.0 - 15.0. But the NAT problem is a pain and it does cause issues when gaming. I can get an open NAT on my xbox 360 but never on my xbox
    one with my hotspot. So that tells me its just as much a problem with the xbox one as it is using a hotspot. I wish I could tell you how to fix it. I've worked hard on finding a solution the past few months.
  10. XB1R Hephaestus Win User

Hey there, Mottley. Like Mrs. Joust said, mobile hotspots are not a recommended (or supported) connection type for your Xbox. This is for two reasons. First off, the nature of a cellular signal does not provide a stable enough platform to allow for smooth
    gameplay. Next (and more specific to your issue) a lot of cellular networks do what we call "back-end NATting". Unfortunately there is no way for you to change that. It is not a setting that you have any control over. It is performed on the cellular network
    side, and cell provider won't make those kinds of adjustments. I wish I had better news for you.
  11. Misses Joust Win User

G'day Mottley, sorry to hear about the connection troubles. Unfortunately mobile hotspots are not too flexible when it comes to setting the NAT type and opening ports, so the connection tends to stay moderate or strict. It's one reason why we don't recommend
    using hotspots for an Xbox Live connection. Officially I recommend you look into obtaining a home network, but if that's not possible then you may also want to play around with other hotspot devices to see if one yields better results.
  12. C45T4N3D4 Win User

Lost connections in MP

Update. When I switch from my crap ATT DSL (5 download only .6 upload) to my iPhone 5s ATT lte hotspot the problem totally goes away. And so far the strict iphone nat seems to work just fine.
Thema:

1. Strict NAT on ATT mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Strict NAT ATT

2. My nat thpe is strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My nat thpe is strict: I have no clue about ports n forwarding f099f163-2036-40d9-af16-4fa4ab59e943
  3. Xbox one x downstairs Xbox one upstairs NAT still Strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x downstairs Xbox one upstairs NAT still Strict: Hello, I cannot for the life of me get this fixed the easiest way possible. I have an Xbox One X downstairs can call it Xbox #1. I have an Xbox One upstairs in my bedroom, which can be called...
  4. Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful: Series x i get it set up so its open and works fine, within a few days its reverted to strict nat, and upnp unsussesful. Ive set up staric ip and dmz server made sure relevant ports are open and...
  5. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  6. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  7. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  8. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  9. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  10. Strict NAT - ATT Uverse NVG589 Modem issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict NAT - ATT Uverse NVG589 Modem issues: So I have tried everything from turning off all the Firewall settings, turning off Packet Filter, using NAT/Gaming Hosted Applications to open ports, IP Passthrough, and a few other things but...