Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S

Discus and support Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've always had 2 xboxes, now just have a series X. Want to add a 2nd back upstairs on a 4k tv. I'd rather just get an S, but concerned about not being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hook13, Dec 31, 2021.

  1. Hook13
    Hook13 Guest

    Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S


    I've always had 2 xboxes, now just have a series X. Want to add a 2nd back upstairs on a 4k tv. I'd rather just get an S, but concerned about not being able to play disc based games. If I install a disc based game on my Series X downstairs, can I play it on a Series S upstairs?

    Conversley, if I use game pass to play something from the cloud, will it play in 4k on the series S, if the device isn't actually doing the processing?

    Thanks for any info! I really don't want a 2nd series X, and they aren't that easy to find-

    :)
     
    Hook13, Dec 31, 2021
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S

    xcloud is now using series x hardware apparently
    I stand corrected! šŸ˜€
  3. Farscape247 Win User

    Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S

    xcloud is now using series x hardware apparently
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S

    Output from Streaming is 1080p

    The disc must physically be in the drive contained in a console to work.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

    Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S

    that all depends on speed, most games play at 720p from xcloud regardless of speed.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S

    It's definitely more like 1080P. Although whether it looks like 1080P is up for debate.

    It would like to point out that at present the Cloud Streaming service on Game Pass uses the older Xbox One S hardware server side. There are no 4K games for Xbox One S. So, streaming to a Series console still won't be optimal.

    Your milage may vary but for me it's not the resolution that's the problem, it's the latency.
Thema:

Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S

Loading...
  1. Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Streamingt Series Series

  2. Xbox Series X Discord crashing..

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Discord crashing..: When loading into discord and swapping to game chat it crashes the xbox ui and disconnects me from the discord call never happened before the newest xbox update submitted by...
  3. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  4. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  5. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  6. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  7. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  8. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says ā€œVRR not detected.ā€ My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  9. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  10. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...