Streaming to Twitch via Xbox causes Xbox Live Status to set to "Offline?"

Discus and support Streaming to Twitch via Xbox causes Xbox Live Status to set to "Offline?" in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey, guys! This is a problem I haven't seen before and only was able to find 1 user on Google experiencing the same issue across tons of posts. I'm on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Co2_Outbr3ak, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Streaming to Twitch via Xbox causes Xbox Live Status to set to "Offline?"

Hey, guys! This is a problem I haven't seen before and only was able to find 1 user on Google experiencing the same issue across tons of posts. I'm on Alpha Skip Ahead myself, if that matters.

My buddy streams on Twitch on Xbox, through the app. I had just managed to fix an issue with Party Chat users not getting the option to include their audio for him when we finally wanted to test the "Join Live Stream" option on his profile, to see if I could view his stream ok as well.

Problem came up that as soon as my buddy starts his stream, Xbox sets his account status to "Offline," preventing me from trying to view his stream. It just stays greyed out. Yes, we've done tons of roundabout fixes (removing/unlinking accounts, removing/reinstall Twitch, privacy/security settings, the works). Funny thing, as SOON as he stops streaming, instantly his account status on Xbox comes back online and says he signed in. Streaming again via Twitch on Xbox makes his Xbox account go "Offline."

Everyone that responded to the other guy in said post or Google suggestions gives results for issues that don't match this one. His stream shows up on Twitch and has our party audio, but you can't view his stream on Xbox as he gets set as Offline and thus greys out the option to view the stream.

Help?

submitted by /u/Co2_Outbr3ak
    [link] [comments]

/u/Co2_Outbr3ak, Jan 17, 2022
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues

So comparing the settings from a PS4 streaming to twitch and an Xbox One streaming to Twitch isn't the best comparison to ensure everything is working, as settings and options could be different or behave differently on each console. But to be clear, your
    friend is on a PS4 streaming via a Twitch/native streaming on the console and not via a PC and capture card? Additionally when you say 'non-xbox' friends, do you mean players on different platforms, or do you mean users on Xbox that are not your Xbox friends?
    That can help us determine the next best steps for troubleshooting.

I would recommend reviewing the Privacy and Online Safety Settings for your account. Make sure
    settings are there to allow you to share outside of Xbox Live. While there review the other settings and make sure there set to what you're comfortable with, since you're streaming to the internet.
  3. SpaceTrain31 Win User

Twitch OFFLINE?

4. RichieB_ Win User

This game doesn't allow live streaming

Hi xLilxPoptartx,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with streaming Starfield from your Xbox via the Twitch app. I'm here to help you with that.

Firstly, I would like to inform you that some games have restrictions on live streaming due to copyright and other legal issues. It is possible that Starfield is one of those games that do not allow live streaming. However, I suggest you check the game's settings to ensure that the live streaming option is enabled.

Ensure that both your Xbox and Twitch apps are up to date. Outdated apps can often cause compatibility issues.

To check the game's settings, please follow these steps:

1. Launch the game on your Xbox.

2. Go to the game's settings menu.

3. Look for the "Live Streaming" option and ensure that it is enabled.

If the live streaming option is already enabled, I suggest you try streaming the game using a different streaming platform or app to see if the issue persists. You can also try restarting your Xbox and the Twitch app to see if that resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, I recommend contacting Twitch support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more information on why the game is not allowing live streaming.

We look forward for your response.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. zWonkru Win User

Live Streaming on Twitch - cc: COD Warzone

If you are live streaming on Twitch you must use the twitch settings. When you stream on Twitch in a party everyone in that party must “include audio” for it to be heard on stream.
  6. maxen Win User

No stream while using Twitch

OK, so to clarify: on Xbox One, you start streaming and it says you're Live, but on Twitch it says you're offline?

There are only a few solutions I can think of, and some of them may seem stupid to suggest but I want to be thorough:

Are you sure you linked the correct Twitch account?

Does it actually say you're Live on the Twitch app, or did it fail without your knowledge? Or perhaps you're on the set-up screen (which shows your stream and, if applicable, Kinect camera preview, but is not actually streaming this)?

You could also get a friend to attempt to view your stream from their friends list - click on your name which will show you're streaming and they can click that to open the stream in the Twitch app. If that works, it further suggests it may be linked to
    the wrong Twitch account.

I'm not sure what else it could be, but let us know if any of these scenarios apply and if not we can work from there.
Thema:

Streaming to Twitch via Xbox causes Xbox Live Status to set to "Offline?"

1. Streaming to Twitch via Xbox causes Xbox Live Status to set to "Offline?" - Similar Threads - Streaming Twitch via

2. Camera not showing on twitch stream Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Camera not showing on twitch stream Xbox series X: Good afternoon! So, I’m not a big streamer or anything like that at all, but I do like to occasionally turn it on just for fun. The other night I was playing mlb the show 24 streaming with no...
  3. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  4. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  5. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  6. Why do my twitch streams have no audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do my twitch streams have no audio?: I noticed this last night while streaming some gameplay for a friend and noticed it had no audio. I can’t figure out how to fix it which is why I’m here, since you don’t really need the twitch app...
  7. Attempting to Stream Metal Gear Rising: Revengence over Twitch via Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attempting to Stream Metal Gear Rising: Revengence over Twitch via Xbox: Hi, I've been attempting to play Metal Gear Rising: Revengence on stream for my friends lately, but I've had no luck in getting it to stream over Twitch. I'm trying to do this over my Xbox One...
  8. Twitch stream via Xbox SX kicking me offline

in XboX Insiders
    Twitch stream via Xbox SX kicking me offline: Streaming to Twitch via Xbox causes Xbox Live Status to set to "Offline?" Hey, guys! This is a problem I haven't seen before and only was able to find 1 user on Google experiencing the same issue...
  9. Every time I try streaming on twitch via the app, I just get a black screen on the stream.

in XboX Insiders
    Every time I try streaming on twitch via the app, I just get a black screen on the stream.: Is this an insiders issue or something else? I'm on alpha skip ahead submitted by /u/nyteee1 [link] [comments]
  10. Can't stream MGS2 or MGS3 HD Collection on Twitch via Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't stream MGS2 or MGS3 HD Collection on Twitch via Xbox One?: Hi all, I seem to have stumbled across an issue... I would really like to be able to stream Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD Collection via Twitch, but for whatever reason, using the app on the...