Streaming from Windows Media Player to my Xbox 1 through my network.

Discus and support Streaming from Windows Media Player to my Xbox 1 through my network. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been streaming my Music Collection from my PC to my Xbox 1, I have certain folders that do not show up on the xbox. This most recent folder... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DamonWeese, Mar 22, 2019.

1. DamonWeese
    DamonWeese Guest

I have been streaming my Music Collection from my PC to my Xbox 1, I have certain folders that do not show up on the xbox. This most recent folder contains MP3's is that whats causing this, or do I have a different issue? I have already double checked
    that the file was located in the right place.

:)

DamonWeese, Mar 22, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Damon,

We understand that you're attempting to stream music from your PC to your Xbox One console, but some files are not appearing on the console appropriately.

Bugs like these can usually occur when a corrupted file is found within that same space of files. We
    recommend trying a power cycle
    of the console.

If the problem persists, try doing a soft factory reset of the console,
    reset and keep games and apps to help reset the operating system. Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

Try this out first and let us know the results.
  3. FoxEsal Win User

my pc and xbox don't see each other

Hello. First Both your PC and xbox have to be wireless or Ethernet. Not one Ethernet and one wireless.

Options

1: Go to Windows Media "Player" Tool>options>library>configure Sharing> Then make sure "Share my media " is Checked then allow your xbox 360.

windows.microsoft.com/.../stream-xbox

2: You can connect using Windows Media"Center"
    support.xbox.com/.../windows-media-center

3: you can set up your own home network Via "My network places" and use the Network Setup wizard.
  4. ncgfuelld Win User

Streaming Movies

well besides the windows media center theres only one other way to stream movies from my PC to my xbox, an I think its called the
    windows media sharing via windows media player, for some reason it shuts off about halfway through a movie and I will have to rebot my router to get my conection back not only for the xbox but my whole network. I have it running through the
    windows media center
    now an I will see if it can play a whole movie without this problem, the only reason why i dont like the media center is that it has no options to fast forward or resume play its just stop an go from the start.
  5. Liquatic Win User

File Sharing

The best way to share files is through Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center. I personally set up a library on Windows Media Player and then sync it to my network, which my Xbox 360 is connected to. This way it will play only what is in your library
    and not just the C: folder.
  6. Tarpshack Win User

Unable to play music on Xbox via laptop(homegroup)

An option for you may be to use Windows Media Player 11 media sharing to stream music over your home network to your Xbox 360. That can be done by following the steps at this link:

windows.microsoft.com/.../stream-xbox

Since you mentioned you have been working at this problem for over 2 years and sifted through over 14 pages of Google search results, you may have already seen and tried this.
Thema:

1. Streaming from Windows Media Player to my Xbox 1 through my network. - Similar Threads - Streaming Windows Media

2. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  3. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  4. Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues: I use a Hypercloud wired stereo headset when I play Xbox. I’ve started streaming my games on Discord through Xbox, but there are issues with my microphone. The people I’m talking to on Discord say...
  5. In live stream Hogwarts Legacy ITA

in XboX Insiders
    In live stream Hogwarts Legacy ITA: Sono live su Twitch, vieni a trovarmi! https://www.twitch.tv/metius972?sr=a submitted by /u/metius97 [link] [comments]
  6. Can Xbox 360 still stream to twich

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Xbox 360 still stream to twich: I saw that it could In 2019 but I'm not sure if it is still capable 300742ef-7513-4b4e-b5d7-a9e25bf267a0
  7. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11: I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console. I have reviewed this thread...
  8. how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?: help me figure how to connect xbox one to laptop pc? 0302c13e-70b3-455f-bc9f-2fc81b792835
  9. I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty: Hello everyone, so I have a big problem ... I don't know how to solve my problems. When I launch game bar, there is no problem to communicate with others players or film my game but I can't stream...
  10. Xbox One X Stream to Window 10 only 640x480

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One X Stream to Window 10 only 640x480: Here is my setup: Xbox One X Intel NUC i7-7567U 16GB RAM Intel Iris 650 Graphics Westinghouse 1080p 42" TV (HDMI) Dell 2407WFP Monitor (USB-C -> DVI) I have tried opening the Xbox app on...