Stream media from Server 2016

Discus and support Stream media from Server 2016 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Stream media from Server 2016 Hi everyone, I just bought a used xbox one S and I was wondering if it would be possible to connect my xbox one to my... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Claude Dorion, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Stream media from Server 2016

Hi everyone, I just bought a used xbox one S and I was wondering if it would be possible to connect my xbox one to my server 2016. I have some media, movies, videos I'd like to watch on my TV. I have tried KODI, but it keeps crashing. I have also tried PLEX,
    but the setup doesn't start on the server side either, so I am kind of stuck, and I'm pretty sure it is doable. Thanks for your help,

Claude

:)

Claude Dorion, Jan 24, 2021
  2. wishus Win User

Access my iMac photos / iTunes music on Xbox one?

I wish they'd just include DLNA streaming on Xbox one - then you could stream from iTunes, a NAS media server, or whatever.
  3. voteDC Win User

Avi + Subtitles

PS3 Media Server, despite its name, streams to the 360 as well.
  4. Peter Parslow Win User

XBox can't see PCs

Whilst strictly true, the 360 could stream media from a Windows Home Server, with pictures appearing in the folders that they are in on the server. So the impression given was that the XBox was 'browsing' the server. All done with software 'built in' to
    WHS. Until the upgrade earlier this year: now one needs to install Windows Media Player on the server (other software is available:) ) - and the installer won't run on WHS. See above.
  5. voteDC Win User

Avi + Subtitles

You don't using Windows Media Player or Media Centre.

-

However PS3 Media Server will stream .avi files with .srt subtitle files
    ps3mediaserver.blogspot.co.uk
  6. Hordie Win User

Xbox One AS a media server, not a streaming receiver

Hi BrianRagle,

The Xbox One isn't really designed to be a network media server. You can only stream from your Xbox to your Windows 10 PC using the Xbox App for Windows 10. However protected video and HDCP-protected content can't be streamed with game streaming. This includes
    protected HDMI television content as well as the content from many media applications.

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming
Thema:

1. Stream media from Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Stream media Server

2. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...
  3. Green or Grey Screen Whenever I Try To Stream Media?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Green or Grey Screen Whenever I Try To Stream Media?: So I’ve had by XSX since launch day, and have used it for any and all my families streaming. However just starting yesterday, every app I try to stream from- Disney+/Netflix/Hulu/HBO etc., when I...
  4. Can we stream betas on social media?

in XboX Insiders
    Can we stream betas on social media?: Can xbox insiders stream betas that they have access to on twitch and or mixer? Are there any limitations like non disclosure agreements? And where would I go to check limitations? Thank you for...
  5. Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff): Having a probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local...
  6. Streaming media from PC to Xbox One Issue will not stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming media from PC to Xbox One Issue will not stream: since the meda player app came available ive been streaming movies and music but the past week or 2 the content has been laggy ost likely on xbox side cause my gaming pc is too fast to make it go...
  7. Trying to stream video's from windows 8.1 PC to Xbox 360 without windows media center

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to stream video's from windows 8.1 PC to Xbox 360 without windows media center: I've been trying to get my windows 8.1 PC to stream video's to my Xbox 360 and Im finding the only way possible is with Windows Media Center. This was not included with my PC when I bought it...
  8. Can't stream media to my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't stream media to my Xbox One: Earlier today I streamed an album to my Xbox One, and now every time I attempt to stream something to my Xbox I get the "Failed to retrieve media information from media server" message. Nothing...
  9. No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?: Hi everyone! So I am getting sick and tired connecting my laptop via HDMI to my tv. I've been trying to connect my laptop to the 360 via media servers and it's not working, nor can I download...
  10. Is internet needed to stream using Windows Media Center?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is internet needed to stream using Windows Media Center?: I have used win media center to stream movies for years. The pc is Win 7 and we have dsl. Our internet went out a couple of days ago and now I am unable to stream to the Xbox. Shows I am still...