Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?

Discus and support Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so I've been having this problem whenever I play a game that I have downloaded through the Xbox game pass app where the audio always sounds far... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AvaUK, May 20, 2023.

1. AvaUK
    AvaUK Guest

Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?

Hi, so I've been having this problem whenever I play a game that I have downloaded through the Xbox game pass app where the audio always sounds far away and there is a faint crackling sound. It is only for games that I have downloaded through Xbox game pass and I have no idea how to fix it. My audio works fine with nay other game. Does anyone know a solution?

:)

AvaUK, May 20, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Avauk, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected situation with the audio for games downloaded from the Xbox app.

Please try one of the next possible solutions. If one doesn't work try with the other:

A. Disable audio enhancements in your PC
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-audio-en...

B. Use a different audio output quality:
    When you're in the audio output properties, go to the advanced tab and then pick there a different audio quality
    Apply and save changes. Then test the game to see if the issue has been solved

If not, test with each audio quality option available
  3. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

no surround on x1?

Ya i plug my surround sound system through digital optical and all I get is distorted sound occasionally (crackles) and no 5.1 . There are no crackles through my tv to surround or xbox 360 through surround. I will be sending this unit back if no sound
    update fixes this but not until I test it a little longer.
  4. jpgoff Win User

Audio Crackling has made a return with the most recent update.

I too have the crackling popping sound with my headset. I've tried everything under the sun to fix this issue. Its not the headset as they sound perfect through my phone and tablet. The home menu screen sounds incredibly fuzzy distortion sound when scrolling.
    I've been playing Destiny 2 and at times it's unbearable.
  5. King Ecstasy Win User

Headset adapter producing TERRIBLE voice chat quality via party chat.

I'm having the same problem, I have a brand new pair of ASTRO A50S and people are telling me I sound distorted, I'm too far away from the mic, and audio is popping. My mic works excellent on the PC, but not on the xbox now. What's up with that?
  6. peter the dawg Win User

Xbox Series S crackling audio

One "fix" I found it "works" is chaging the out output to mono. It stops the crackling sounds, but the audio quality is compromised.
Thema:

1. Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix? - Similar Threads - Strange audio crackling

2. Help with strange xbox message situation

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Help with strange xbox message situation: Hi, I was playing siege about an hour ago when I thought I somehow got a communication ban. I was trying to join my friends party but it kept putting me in game chat, I then went to message my...
  3. Strange Japanese Rdr on my Xbox Profile, not available for purchase

in XboX Insiders
    Strange Japanese Rdr on my Xbox Profile, not available for purchase: I have two versions of Red Dead Redemption. One is the regular 25 pound version on my Xbox Series S. The other version is on my Nans Xbox 360 that used to belong to my Uncle. I play it when I’m...
  4. Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?: My xbox one controller keeps disconnecting then randomly reconnecting, however after it reconnects it either doesnt work and I have to take the batteries out and restart it, or a random button...
  5. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  6. Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome

in XboX Insiders
    Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome: When I load up Xbox.com/play on Chrome and login all of the games are grayed out and I can’t select anything. I am an ultimate subscriber. It works fine on my phone, but is failing on my Android...
  7. Xbox Controls are acting strangely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controls are acting strangely: I have tried searching for an answer to this but have been unsuccessful so I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn’t find someone having the same problem as me; My Xbox...
  8. Strange message while trying to play fallout. How do I override this.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange message while trying to play fallout. How do I override this.: Strange message on fallout 76 game hoe do I get rid of it e891e29e-a22e-4731-96fa-13cf71e54377
  9. Strange visual issues with overlays such as Nvidia and Reshade

in XBoX on Windows
    Strange visual issues with overlays such as Nvidia and Reshade: So I have no idea how to even ask this question but for the last few months I have been getting these graphical anomolies when trying to apply a filter from Nvidia or reshade in all my games. I'm...
  10. Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like

in XBoX on Windows
    Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like: Help!! [img] d7c884a6-a10c-4446-a312-620714920c7b