STRANG Xbox One Malfunction.

Discus and support STRANG Xbox One Malfunction. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Iv sent my day 1 XBOX One console to Microsoft to be repaired twice. About 8 months apart. It would require what felt like hours of inserting and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnluckyPeasant, Feb 21, 2019.

1. STRANG Xbox One Malfunction.

Iv sent my day 1 XBOX One console to Microsoft to be repaired twice. About 8 months apart. It would require what felt like hours of inserting and ejecting the disc until it recognized the game. It was repaired back to normal both times but THIS TIME IS
    UNIQUE. My optical drive started messing up, again. "I know shocking right!" But this time it wont recognize ANY disc regardless of the amount of times you insert it. BUT WAIT!! It loads and plays Call Of Duty WW2 the 1st time, EVERY time. Im not paying for
    a new system or repair. Im tired of cheap made consoles. If not fixed then im switching to PC.

:)

UnluckyPeasant, Feb 21, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello
    UnluckyPeasant

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support and giving us the update.

Unfortunately, we in the forums department wouldn't be able to say how much a new optical drive would cost because

opening up the Xbox consoles for repair goes against the Terms of Service and voids the warranty if you still meet the requirements.

I'm going to send you another link of troubleshooting steps that might help:

The installation process stops at or near 0% when installing an Xbox One game from a disc

Give that a shot and let us know if it helps!

Good luck and happy gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Hi I'm sorry you are having so many issues. Sounds like you've had some terrible bad luck. Sadly all we can do here is offer advise. No one on the forums has access to any accounts or details.

Hopefully someone will have an idea for you to try that will fix it. It's very odd that it will play 1 disc but not others. I wonder have the other discs got lazer burned from the previous issues with it?
  4. UnluckyPeasant Win User

I purchased brand new games and they wouldnt read. Call of Duty WW2 loads EVERY time, it's had plenty of hrs of play time. I dont have a warranty. Its just strange that it reads 1 disc and no others. Not even bluray, DVD, or CD. How much would a new optical
    drive be if I did the repairs myself? Is there a better one that the stock drive?
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there UnluckyPeasant!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to get your recently repaired Xbox to work properly.

If you did get it repaired and it's still having problems, the console should still have a repair warranty of about 90 days so you shouldn't need to pay for a repair. I suggest that you contact
    customer support
    and see if there's any way for them to set it up in the system to exchange your console for one without this problem when it gets to the service center.

When you get a chance, give that a try and let us know how that helped.

Thanks!
  6. UnluckyPeasant Win User

Iv tried having it plugged directly.
Thema:

1. STRANG Xbox One Malfunction. - Similar Threads - STRANG Malfunction

2. Help with strange xbox message situation

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Help with strange xbox message situation: Hi, I was playing siege about an hour ago when I thought I somehow got a communication ban. I was trying to join my friends party but it kept putting me in game chat, I then went to message my...
  3. Strange Japanese Rdr on my Xbox Profile, not available for purchase

in XboX Insiders
    Strange Japanese Rdr on my Xbox Profile, not available for purchase: I have two versions of Red Dead Redemption. One is the regular 25 pound version on my Xbox Series S. The other version is on my Nans Xbox 360 that used to belong to my Uncle. I play it when I’m...
  4. Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?: My xbox one controller keeps disconnecting then randomly reconnecting, however after it reconnects it either doesnt work and I have to take the batteries out and restart it, or a random button...
  5. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  6. Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome

in XboX Insiders
    Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome: When I load up Xbox.com/play on Chrome and login all of the games are grayed out and I can’t select anything. I am an ultimate subscriber. It works fine on my phone, but is failing on my Android...
  7. Xbox Controls are acting strangely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controls are acting strangely: I have tried searching for an answer to this but have been unsuccessful so I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn’t find someone having the same problem as me; My Xbox...
  8. Strange message while trying to play fallout. How do I override this.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange message while trying to play fallout. How do I override this.: Strange message on fallout 76 game hoe do I get rid of it e891e29e-a22e-4731-96fa-13cf71e54377
  9. Strange visual issues with overlays such as Nvidia and Reshade

in XBoX on Windows
    Strange visual issues with overlays such as Nvidia and Reshade: So I have no idea how to even ask this question but for the last few months I have been getting these graphical anomolies when trying to apply a filter from Nvidia or reshade in all my games. I'm...
  10. Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like

in XBoX on Windows
    Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like: Help!! [img] d7c884a6-a10c-4446-a312-620714920c7b