Storage Filling Up Problem.

Discus and support Storage Filling Up Problem. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. Thanks for helping me out. I recently got a new computer, about a week ago and I’ve downloaded some software and games. Primarily MSFS from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by simplywilliam, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Storage Filling Up Problem.

Hello. Thanks for helping me out. I recently got a new computer, about a week ago and I’ve downloaded some software and games. Primarily MSFS from the Xbox Store. My C Drive has been going up little by little ever since I installed the game. It was just 235 GB available 1 day ago, now it’s 219 GB. Is it cache? How would I get rid of it? And I swear I don’t have that many applications on my C Drive. But my C Drive is still more full than it should be. Some other software I installed shouldn’t be more than 10-20 GB. My current C Drive is 219 GB available out of 474.

On the other hand, I was installing a few games from the Xbox Store and cancelled a download because I didn’t need it. When I cancelled it, the storage didn’t go up. Caches? I have no clue.

Can anyone help me out here? Maybe I can check what software is taking up my drives, if that’s even possible. I’m a type of person who gets annoyed at full storages. Many thanks.

:)

simplywilliam, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Simplywilliam, yes, most of the time this is cache, not only of the games but of the programs to run, tene do the procedures below it will eliminate duplicate files.

DEFRAG

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/def...

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Xbox one storage filling up fast.

Sorry to hear it. You can attach up to two external USB devices to your console for extra storage. They must be USB 3.0 compatible and can range in size from 256GB to 16TB. Currently I have an external 1TB drive although I'm going to need more space soon
    as well.
  4. Chaos Portal Win User

The name of the creator of this file is not allowed on xbox live

Any word from the other side, My collection of clips is starting to fill up my local storage.
  5. playgirlkayls Win User

Regarding the xbox and the new xbox scarlett

I know we have a back up external harddrive ready for when we fill our Xbox storage
  6. Some Mad Toast Win User

Can't play Dark Souls on my Xbox One - Cloud Saved Games

Still running into problems with the cloud storage for this game. I have filled out a survey. Hopefully this will have some attention and get fixed soon.
Thema:

1. Storage Filling Up Problem. - Similar Threads - Storage Filling Problem

2. Where is my storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my storage: So I have 364GB to use on my console and my games and apps only combine to around 330GB but my xbox says I’ve used 99.9% of my storage, how does that make any sense?...
  3. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  4. Xbox one S digital external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S digital external storage: If I add an external storage to my Xbox one s all digital console, will I have to transfer games back and forth to be able to use them? Or does it work together, variations playing off of the...
  5. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  6. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  7. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  8. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  9. xbox x help storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox x help storage: ok i have transferred x/s games to a ssd for storage instead of deleting from my Xbox and then unplugged the ssd but the games are still on my home screen i have tried completely shut down the...
  10. Storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Storage: Longstory short I got 11 games but I’m at 98.6%. Can someone plz help me out because I’m fairly confused why I have so much storage when I only have 11 game which some of them aren’t even working...