STOP LISTENING!

Discus and support STOP LISTENING! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So when I got my Xbox One, I plugged in my Kinect but skipped the setup process for it because I really hadn't planned on using it, however, every now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Goth Vampirella, Jan 2, 2014.

1. STOP LISTENING!

So when I got my Xbox One, I plugged in my Kinect but skipped the setup process for it because I really hadn't planned on using it, however, every now and then I apparently say a word that triggers it on and it will kick
    me out of whatever I'm doing. It will also throw up a "stop listening" command in the upper right corner. My question is pretty simple. What's the point of me saying "stop listening" when it continues to come on every time I say some word that it's obviously
    listening for? I should add that I DON'T think my Kinect is spying on me. I'm not paranoid about it what so ever. I just don't understand why it thinks I wanna talk to it when I didn't even set it up. Does that make sense? STOP LISTENING! :)

:)

Goth Vampirella, Jan 2, 2014
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    How to make video controls disappear on the XB1?

Did you say Xbox Stop Listening?

x24hrs2livex, Jan 2, 2014
  3. "Stop Listening"

Hey there ADeadlyFlamingo STOP LISTENING! :)

The best place to stick this would be the feedback site. The site is designed specifically for the community to put forward suggestions and even get involved with each others ideas.

feedback.xbox.com

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jan 2, 2014
  4. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

STOP LISTENING!

That's why it's having problems. Run it through the set up to calibrate it.

DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014
  5. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    You might just want to unplug it if your not going to set it up. or goto setting and turn it off.

ZTROOPER16, Jan 2, 2014
  6. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    It has to calibrate to the sound of the area around it and the volume of your speaker set up. When you run the calibration it's not just for the camera but he microphone as well. Do that and you should stop have problems!

DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014
  7. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    All of the commands start with the word xbox. Why do you keep saying xbox? It's not a word that would be used by most people in conversation while playing on the thing

pkvas, Jan 2, 2014
  8. STOP LISTENING!

Go to the settings and set it all up and calibrate it. Calibrating will recognise your TV's volume and stop the Kinect from picking up it's background noise in the future so it's important to calibrate with your TV on higher than normal volume, beware though,
    it can be quite startling. If your TV is loud it may be mistaking the trigger word "Xbox". From my knowledge, I believe that once you've said "Stop Listening" saying "Xbox" will turn it back in to listening mode which may be triggering commands.

-

Are you playing online with no headset? People commanding with their own voice commands may be coming through the TV to control yours too.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 2, 2014
  9. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    When I first got mine i didn't calibrate it properly and the same thing would happen. It would start listening even when I didn't say anything sometimes. Once I got it calibrated properly it was fine. Haven't had a problem since.

DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014
  10. [quote user="ZTROOPER16"]

You might just want to unplug it if your not going to set it up. or goto setting and turn it off.

[/quote]

I didn't really want to see the constant You're Kinect is unplugged message (probably worded differently, IDK), so I plugged it in. I just don't use it. I thought if I didn't set it up, it would ignore me. lol

11. [quote user="DuFFuL"]

When I first got mine i didn't calibrate it properly and the same thing would happen. It would start listening even when I didn't say anything sometimes. Once I got it calibrated properly it was fine. Haven't had a problem since.

[/quote]

Ugh... I didn't think I needed to do that if I hadn't planned on using it. I guess I shall try it.

12. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    The only time my Kinect seems to trip itself up is if I'm in a party chatting with my friends talking about the XBox Kinect commands.

Then for the reason mentioned above... it usually does as I've just commanded it to do.

Azrael008uk, Jan 2, 2014
  13. STOP LISTENING!

[quote user="pkvas"]

All of the commands start with the word xbox. Why do you keep saying xbox? It's not a word that would be used by most people in conversation while playing on the thing

[/quote]

1st, I didn't say it does it every 3 seconds. lol 2nd, I'm on my Xbox. I may actually say the word every now and then, however, it sounds like most commands are 2 words at least? so... what are the odds that I'd ever say
    any of them once? Basically, my Kinect shouldn't be bothering me what so ever as far as I'm concerned. lol If you read my post you would see I didn't even set it up, therefore, it should be ignoring me... I would think.

14. whyayemincepie, Jan 2, 2014
  15. Thanks for the info guys. I shall try calibrating it and hopefully it will ignore me then. STOP LISTENING! :)

Thema:

STOP LISTENING!

1. STOP LISTENING! - Similar Threads - STOP LISTENING

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  7. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  8. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  9. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  10. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...