Stop following on xbox live

Discus and support Stop following on xbox live in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi, I created an account on xbox live and it suggested "Major Nelson" as a new friend. Unfortunately, I unintentionally clicked on it, so he now... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by AngCap, Nov 26, 2022.

1. AngCap
    AngCap Guest

Hi,

I created an account on xbox live and it suggested "Major Nelson" as a new friend. Unfortunately, I unintentionally clicked on it, so he now appears in my friends list. How can I remove the user from my friends again?
    When I click on his profile, I can't click on "Remove friend", I assume because he didn't accept my friend request. But it is unpleasant to have him in the list, it is annoying. How do I remove the user?

Thanks

:)

AngCap, Nov 26, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

unfortunately after adding it is only possible to remove it if he accepts it, if he refuses it is removed from the list, but if you do nothing it will continue the way it is.
  3. DarrenLoy Win User

child predator

You already said something, yeah follow the rules. Here's a way to defend your kids, stop letting them play Xbox Live. Oh and you need to follow the rules of the forums.
  4. JPep715 Win User

Any way to stop a follower from following?

Funny that I also agree with GG. He's the very first person I followed on X1. Not because of playing games but conversation on the forums. He politely asked who I was because he did recognize my GT. Have yet to actually get in a race on Forza but thats largely
    due to having a 2 year old daughter who's constantly grabbing the controls.

Anyway, its not like a follower is physically standing over your shoulder but parental controls on following wouldnt be a bad thing to have either.
  5. robnyack Win User

I agree with GG...... the one tweak they should make.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Truthfully, I think I've grown to accept the concept of being followed. However, one thing I don't like is when you follow someone, they show up on your friends list - I don't like that because friendship is a mutual concept, not a one-way concept; I think
    they should appear on a separate "followed" list or something instead.
Thema:

1. Stop following on xbox live - Similar Threads - Stop following live

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  7. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  8. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  9. Can I stop bot followers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I stop bot followers?: My son was just threatened online in a game chat and was told he would be spammed with bot followers and his account be banned. Since then he has been spammed with 9000+ bot followers and is...
  10. Microsoft, do you need a reason to stop allowing people to follow without permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft, do you need a reason to stop allowing people to follow without permission?: I have one, I just got a notification stating someone is now following me. So I had no clue who it was, checked their profile, Congrats microsoft, you are now allowing bots/spam to make accounts...