Stop asking for extra security

Discus and support Stop asking for extra security in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It seems every time I try to log on I get asked to confirm my alternate email works. I have an alternate email setup so I confirm that it works.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Johnny Alpha, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Johnny Alpha
    Johnny Alpha Guest

It seems every time I try to log on I get asked to confirm my alternate email works.

I have an alternate email setup so I confirm that it works.

(I've also used it several times on several MS sites to receive the code and confirm my identity. I KNOW IT WORKS)

I then get a screen asking to set up extra details. I don't want so I back out. (I'm happy with the alternate email system IT WORKS !!)

.... And I don't get logged in.

I then have to back out of the welcome screen, go to the control panel and login manually through the settings.

This is just a serious pain in the neck!!

I don't want to add extra contact details. The ones that are setup work fine. Why do I need to?

I don't see that setting up extra details makes my account anymore secure. If anything, every extra place I share my details is adding another potential hacking point.

Thus it makes my life less secure and I just see this as another attempted database grab.

1) Is there anyway to stop being asked for extra security.

2) Failing that can anyone give a real life use case example of how spreading extra personal information makes my account more secure?

:)

Johnny Alpha, Jan 2, 2014
  2. STOP ASKING FOR MORE SECURITY INFORMATION!!!!

Hey guys! This thread is kind of old. If you're still having issues with the security proofs on your account, please post up a new thread and we'll get you the support you need!

Misses Quinzel, Jan 2, 2014
  3. STOP ASKING FOR MORE SECURITY INFORMATION!!!!

the old xbox required it, you can not Setup a gamertag with email but without Password.

however you can Setup a gamertag without both and use it offline.

so now see, you entered a Password, you dont know it so you can not Login to your old Hotmail email, but if you ever would have added an alternate email or a phone and always kept it you actually had a Chance to regain Access.

just like you could reset your Password this way, the same Options prevent others who do NOT Access to your proofs to steal your gamertag.

StefanNeubauer, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Stop asking for extra security

Xbox LIVE requires two security proofs. If you don't want to give out your phone number just make a spam e-mail and make that the second one and it'll never ask you again.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Jmrino
    Jmrino Guest
    RIF.

The OP said he already has a primary and secondary contact point set up within the Live 'matrix'.

I also already have 2 contact emails set up and it STILL ASKS ME TO MAKE MY ACCOUNT MORE SECURE. It is a pain in the ***. Please Microsoft, make it stop.

Jmrino, Jan 3, 2014
  6. Johnny Alpha
    Johnny Alpha Guest
    Jmrino is correct.

As I said, I have Primary account mail and a secondary contact mail set up. Both are genuine, fully operational and in daily use.

So MS have 2 genuine security contacts.

The secondary contact works fine for the authentication messages. The MS system has used it for verification before so they should know it works.

Why on earth do I need anything else? In what circumstance would it be needed?

Surely if there's no use case that can be quoted and I can just use a fake mail for security proof as Visage suggests it proves how pointless the whole requirement for a 3rd contact method is?

Johnny Alpha, Feb 14, 2014
  7. xAfroxWolf
    xAfroxWolf Guest
    If you have already set up two Microsoft security proofs and it still asks you this is a glitch you'll have to contact your regional Microsoft Customer Support service for. Or just click back and sign in again whenever it asks, works fine for me.

xAfroxWolf, Feb 14, 2014
  8. Johnny Alpha
    Johnny Alpha Guest

hi xAfroxWolf.

I agree clicking back and signing in again usually works ... and it doesn't take long.

The point is it's really annoying and unnecessary having to go through this double login attempt every time ... It's not at all user friendly.

Surely MS could add an option. "I'm happy with my security settings. Don't ask me again."

Johnny Alpha, Feb 19, 2014
  9. i am getting it too! and i have 3! my live email, a gmail and my phone number. i get asked to add another phone number or another email :/ this needs to stop. it doesnt happen with the other profile that uses the consol and he has nonthing set up :/

PinkApplePie88, Mar 8, 2014
  10. yep i get the same thing. my account is secure but still microsoft keep asking. its almost like they enjoy pissing people off.

Crackkestrel87, Jul 24, 2014
  11. if you are asked to add security information either you have done this on a different profile, or you did not validate all entries by login to
    http://account.live.com

StefanNeubauer, Jul 24, 2014
  12. Awrytt
    Awrytt Guest
    all i can say add as much proofs as you can all ms are doing is making sure you dont lose your account i just got my account back cos i had to get ms to fix my account

Awrytt, Oct 31, 2018
  13. Awrytt Win User

all i can say add as much proofs as you can all ms are doing is making sure you dont lose your account i just got my account back cos i had to get ms to fix my account
  14. Crackkestrel87 Win User

yep i get the same thing. my account is secure but still microsoft keep asking. its almost like they enjoy pissing people off.
  15. Johnny Alpha Win User

hi xAfroxWolf.

I agree clicking back and signing in again usually works ... and it doesn't take long.

The point is it's really annoying and unnecessary having to go through this double login attempt every time ... It's not at all user friendly.

Surely MS could add an option. "I'm happy with my security settings. Don't ask me again."
  16. xAfroxWolf Win User

If you have already set up two Microsoft security proofs and it still asks you this is a glitch you'll have to contact your regional Microsoft Customer Support service for. Or just click back and sign in again whenever it asks, works fine for me.
  17. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Xbox LIVE requires two security proofs. If you don't want to give out your phone number just make a spam e-mail and make that the second one and it'll never ask you again.
Thema:

1. Stop asking for extra security - Similar Threads - Stop asking extra

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  7. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  8. When loading Dreamlight valley it keeps stopping asking me to purchase a game pass even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When loading Dreamlight valley it keeps stopping asking me to purchase a game pass even...: This has only happened since the last update and I've tried to contact Microsoft Xbox but haven't got anywhere with it. Anyone else have this issue? 800192e5-cb41-4228-a63d-9360e7afa468
  9. hello i want to ask that some option are not enable in throttle stop under fivr option can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello i want to ask that some option are not enable in throttle stop under fivr option can...: i want to do undervolt but i can't use fivr control it is not showing pls help me [img] bc036aa4-4ae4-428b-ac88-ada42fa5ec7d
  10. After finished, which game made you stop and ask yourself: "Am I a better person because of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After finished, which game made you stop and ask yourself: "Am I a better person because of...: Dont know if any game has stooped me and made me think that - but the original Bioshock had me stop dead in my tracks and reconsider every choice I had made in the game when you got to "that" part...