Still waiting for English language Support in German Country Console

Discus and support Still waiting for English language Support in German Country Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi MS-Team The release of the One was Nov 2013, now 1 year later there is always no option to use english language on a German Console without change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oldi1, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Oldi1
    Oldi1 Guest

Hi MS-Team

The release of the One was Nov 2013, now 1 year later there is always no option to use english language on a German Console without change the Country and Marketplace to UK or other.

I will use the German Marketplace and english Language Support. Why is there no Option to use this Configuration?

MS don't care about it, right?

:)

Oldi1, Nov 28, 2014
  2. Xbox One OS/UI features you still miss in the monthly updates

So the OS and UI has come a long way since launch and the way they include fan feedback in their updates is really great.

But there are some basic features that I still miss. One that really bothers me is the lack of language settings. So I live in Switzerland. If I choose this region the only language I can select is German. This also means that automatically every game will play in German, despite English being available and burned onto the game disc. This means the only way to experience the game in English is changing the region to US/UK, selecting English and restarting the console. But this way It messes up all accounts services like xbox music, because it is not the same region on the console as my gamerprofile is. For some reason this is mandatory by default for xbox services to work properly. It is so annoying!

With xbox 360 it was easy to choose the region and the language you wanted independently from each other. Not the mention that there are countries where more than one languages are spoken. Also in Switzerland... what a bout the French and Italian speaking people? How is this with Spanish being available in the States for example?

What features are you still missing?

UltimateBerzerkStyle, Nov 28, 2014
  3. CATPAIN KIRK
    CATPAIN KIRK Guest
    Can't use console, services and pay due to arbitrary language restrictions.

Hi,

I bought the Xbox one as a home multimedia centre (I use a proper computer for playing games), but it's entirely unusable to me for that purpose because ms forces some arbitrary language rules on me, as opposed to the ps3 I still own.

So basically, just because I'm living in a non-english speaking country. MS forces a german OS on me and decides I should watch english movies in terribly dubbed german versions.

Just to be clear: My first language is german, I live in a german speaking country, absolutely in accordance with my billing information, but I haven't used a german language in 40 years, nor would I ever spend a single cent on an English movie dubbed in
    german.

If I watch a German movie, i watch it in German, if I watch an English movie, I watch it in English - same goes for french, Italian or spanish movies.

I'm sure there must be a simple workaround, but I couldn't find it yet.

CATPAIN KIRK, Nov 28, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

BobMcFly247, Nov 28, 2014
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

6. EXLEX Win User

Think I understand the problem now !

@ M3tal Daz3

Dishonored (360) is not the problem ! The Definitive Edition (ONE) is !

The problem is, that Bethesda published an "english, french, spanish" version and a "french, italian, german, spanish" version. But the language for the Definitive Edition in the german and austrian store was based on the "english, french, spanish" version.

So if the game does not support the language, it doesn't matter what your console is set to !

Let's just wait what the Support will tell us ! ; )
  7. ngocphi Win User

One of the many reason I hate living overseas...

With kinect it is affected by the region of your account as it is online specific

Every kinect supported country supports only a set languages

only english Regions support english kinect

German support german

France supports french

support.xbox.com/.../speech-recognition

Is the list of kinect supported regions and what languages they support english isnt supported by kinect in germany

Kinect is geoip specific so even changing uk wont help you
  8. Marcinkp Win User

Xbox one s with Fifa 20 bundle purchased in UK - Polish game language and commentatory

Unfortunately my cd only support English, German, Italian, France, nederland and Dutch. No Polish at all. I reset the console, changed location and language. Still no Polish language.

It should be there as described on fifa 20 website but there is not.
  9. Estugon666 Win User

Dishonored Language set to French

It could probably be that the Games-on-Demand version just supports French, Italian, German and Spanish as default languages. So it could be due to this that you can't start the game on english or russian. I've had the same problem Dishonored starting in
    French, but after setting my console language to german it worked fine. With my console language in english it would start the game in french.
Thema:

1. Still waiting for English language Support in German Country Console - Similar Threads - Still waiting English

2. When will this issue be resolved as my son still waiting on controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will this issue be resolved as my son still waiting on controller.: I sent an elite Series 2 xbox controller for repair to Frankfurt Germany. They then semt an email from microsoft to tell me order cancelled. I rang them to enquire why was cancelled. No one could...
  3. Can't login to my facebook account Please help! I have waited for over an hour still it's...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't login to my facebook account Please help! I have waited for over an hour still it's...: [img] NOT LOGIN TO ASPHALT 8 GAME IN WINDOWS 10 PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM 01481f4e-1552-4b00-b485-c7c83e955ebf
  4. I tried to change my profile picture but I'm still waiting

in XboX Insiders
    I tried to change my profile picture but I'm still waiting: About 2 or 3 weeks ago I decided to change my profile picture to a character that I like but I still have the notification saying "don't worry, we still have your picture. You'll see it again once...
  5. Terrible Delivery Experience (still waiting) How do I contact an actual person at...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Terrible Delivery Experience (still waiting) How do I contact an actual person at...: I had to return my son's Elite 2 controller under warranty, because of a known problem with the sticks. I returned it to Microsoft UK in Northampton who turned it around very quickly and it was...
  6. XSX sent in for repair - tracking says received, but status still says waiting for shipment...?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX sent in for repair - tracking says received, but status still says waiting for shipment...?: I sent my Xbox Series X in for repair on Friday 11/20. According to the tracking information, it was received Tuesday 11/24, but I still haven't received a an official status update with the...
  7. I bought Sea Of Thieves coins and still didn't got it, I've been waiting for 1 hour.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Sea Of Thieves coins and still didn't got it, I've been waiting for 1 hour.: I bought Sea Of Thieves coins and still didn't got it, I've been waiting for 1 hour. b5e5955c-0170-4bbe-8a52-230cc8936bf0
  8. I preorder an xbox series s and my comand still in waiting statue

in XBoX on Consoles
    I preorder an xbox series s and my comand still in waiting statue: When i check to my billing credit i dont saw the xbox series s when you will take the payment ? c44510af-765b-486b-b508-4a3864ef6718
  9. Y sigo aquí esperando el reembolso [And I'm still here waiting for the refund]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y sigo aquí esperando el reembolso [And I'm still here waiting for the refund]: Llevo más de un mes esperando un reembolso ya eh hecho varias preguntas sobre este tema y me dijieron que esperara los 5 dias habiles ya lo hice y aún no llega, ya es 1 mes ya que no obtengo el...
  10. Has 4K recording been fixed or are we still waiting?

in XboX Insiders
    Has 4K recording been fixed or are we still waiting?: Can we record and playback our 4K recordings yet or is there still issues with them only playing about 0.5secs of them? submitted by /u/Ray_Palmer [link] [comments]