Still waiting for English language Support in German Country Console

Discus and support Still waiting for English language Support in German Country Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi MS-Team The release of the One was Nov 2013, now 1 year later there is always no option to use english language on a German Console without change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oldi1, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Oldi1
    Oldi1 Guest

Hi MS-Team

The release of the One was Nov 2013, now 1 year later there is always no option to use english language on a German Console without change the Country and Marketplace to UK or other.

I will use the German Marketplace and english Language Support. Why is there no Option to use this Configuration?

MS don't care about it, right?

:)

Oldi1, Nov 28, 2014
  2. Xbox One OS/UI features you still miss in the monthly updates

So the OS and UI has come a long way since launch and the way they include fan feedback in their updates is really great.

But there are some basic features that I still miss. One that really bothers me is the lack of language settings. So I live in Switzerland. If I choose this region the only language I can select is German. This also means that automatically every game will play in German, despite English being available and burned onto the game disc. This means the only way to experience the game in English is changing the region to US/UK, selecting English and restarting the console. But this way It messes up all accounts services like xbox music, because it is not the same region on the console as my gamerprofile is. For some reason this is mandatory by default for xbox services to work properly. It is so annoying!

With xbox 360 it was easy to choose the region and the language you wanted independently from each other. Not the mention that there are countries where more than one languages are spoken. Also in Switzerland... what a bout the French and Italian speaking people? How is this with Spanish being available in the States for example?

What features are you still missing?

UltimateBerzerkStyle, Nov 28, 2014
  3. CATPAIN KIRK
    CATPAIN KIRK Guest
    Can't use console, services and pay due to arbitrary language restrictions.

Hi,

I bought the Xbox one as a home multimedia centre (I use a proper computer for playing games), but it's entirely unusable to me for that purpose because ms forces some arbitrary language rules on me, as opposed to the ps3 I still own.

So basically, just because I'm living in a non-english speaking country. MS forces a german OS on me and decides I should watch english movies in terribly dubbed german versions.

Just to be clear: My first language is german, I live in a german speaking country, absolutely in accordance with my billing information, but I haven't used a german language in 40 years, nor would I ever spend a single cent on an English movie dubbed in
    german.

If I watch a German movie, i watch it in German, if I watch an English movie, I watch it in English - same goes for french, Italian or spanish movies.

I'm sure there must be a simple workaround, but I couldn't find it yet.

CATPAIN KIRK, Nov 28, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

BobMcFly247, Nov 28, 2014
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

6. EXLEX Win User

Think I understand the problem now !

@ M3tal Daz3

Dishonored (360) is not the problem ! The Definitive Edition (ONE) is !

The problem is, that Bethesda published an "english, french, spanish" version and a "french, italian, german, spanish" version. But the language for the Definitive Edition in the german and austrian store was based on the "english, french, spanish" version.

So if the game does not support the language, it doesn't matter what your console is set to !

Let's just wait what the Support will tell us ! ; )
  7. ngocphi Win User

One of the many reason I hate living overseas...

With kinect it is affected by the region of your account as it is online specific

Every kinect supported country supports only a set languages

only english Regions support english kinect

German support german

France supports french

support.xbox.com/.../speech-recognition

Is the list of kinect supported regions and what languages they support english isnt supported by kinect in germany

Kinect is geoip specific so even changing uk wont help you
  8. Marcinkp Win User

Xbox one s with Fifa 20 bundle purchased in UK - Polish game language and commentatory

Unfortunately my cd only support English, German, Italian, France, nederland and Dutch. No Polish at all. I reset the console, changed location and language. Still no Polish language.

It should be there as described on fifa 20 website but there is not.
  9. Estugon666 Win User

Dishonored Language set to French

It could probably be that the Games-on-Demand version just supports French, Italian, German and Spanish as default languages. So it could be due to this that you can't start the game on english or russian. I've had the same problem Dishonored starting in
    French, but after setting my console language to german it worked fine. With my console language in english it would start the game in french.
Thema:

1. Still waiting for English language Support in German Country Console - Similar Threads - Still waiting English

2. Hi im still waiting for my refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi im still waiting for my refund: hi im still waiting for my refund since 10days is this normaln or something bugged 6c5ceb6a-e455-4ee8-a3cd-86f5de8cc543
  3. Still wait times??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still wait times??: Well it's nearly 2 month till the wait times for cloud gaming started to pop up for me. First I was a little annoyed coz I had enough space to download. More and more I wanted to play on my tablet...
  4. I refunded 1 game 4 days ago and i still waiting to microsoft give back my money to my bank...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded 1 game 4 days ago and i still waiting to microsoft give back my money to my bank...: i refunded the last faith (game ) from my xbox about 4 day ago but i still waiting to microsoft giveback money to my bank acount how long to take my money back ? 8556b950-021e-4b16-acd0-45a1111cff7d
  5. I've waited weeks and try rebooting all I've could and i still can't login to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've waited weeks and try rebooting all I've could and i still can't login to my account: I've done restarts, Hard reboots, troubleshooted my router, check the xbox status page, factory reset, everything and I still can't sign in to my account, I removed my account and tried to add it...
  6. Hi I'm still waiting for my money back from my last refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I'm still waiting for my money back from my last refund: I bought a game on sale and it charged me full price and I'm still waiting for my money 9aba27e3-0097-4d5c-b9d3-7c2452eefedf
  7. I turned on multiplayer, waited 2 hours and it still said disabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I turned on multiplayer, waited 2 hours and it still said disabled: I turned on my multiplayer after turning it off for a week since I got scammed. I did turned it on now, but I waited 2 - 3 hours and it still says on minecraft that it is disabled and I need to...
  8. Servers are down, come back later. On halo reach matchmake. Is it done or still wait to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Servers are down, come back later. On halo reach matchmake. Is it done or still wait to...: I been off Xbox 360 for 3 years and finally coming back to halo reach natchmaje and the servers are down, is it for good or wait til it comes back online? 658f5f43-471f-4252-8335-9a4532969094
  9. Day 13 and I still wait for my Codes (Quantum Break)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Day 13 and I still wait for my Codes (Quantum Break): My Problem is that I pre order Quantum Break and I still wait for my Codes. I don´t have any Code no Alan Wake American Nightmare, Alan Wake or Quantum Break for Win 10....
  10. Pre order of fallout 76 tells me I still have to wait?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre order of fallout 76 tells me I still have to wait?: I pre ordered the game the moment it was available. obviously I wasnt a,lowed to play right away so i waited until launch. I was told those who pre-ordered on xbox wouldnt need a code, just to...