Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays?

Discus and support Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays? for ONE X/S ? submitted by /u/darekpro [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/darekpro, Sep 11, 2020.

  1. /u/darekpro
    /u/darekpro Guest

    Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays?


    Hi, Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays? for ONE X/S ?

    submitted by /u/darekpro
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/darekpro, Sep 11, 2020
    #1
  2. Deus ex Mox Win User

    Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

    Of course the Blu-Ray disks I'm using are UHD and have Dolby Vision.

    Dolby Vision is enabled on Xbox One X settings, TV HDMI ports are in Enhanced mode (4:4:4 4K/UHD HDR 60Hz), and the TV test (that can be found inside Xbox menu) returns all green ticks for my Xbox-to-TV connection.

    As said, Dolby Vision works with all streaming apps... but not when playing Blu-Ray UHD Dolby Vision disks.
  3. BUSA1963 Win User

    Dolby vision in the Netflix app

    I have an LG oled c7 and watch netflix trough webOs .

    By doing it this way you should get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

    Microsoft will roll out an sofware update for netflix Dolby Vision shortly.

    For the moment Dolby Vision is not supported on the Netflix app via Xbox.

    I hope they also update the blu ray player shortly because there is much more content available on 4k uhd blu ray.
  4. Slder9150 Win User

    XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

    Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me if support for 4K HDR Dolby Vision for the Blu Ray player is a recent firmware update? The reason I ask is that all the info and reviews I have read say that the Blu Ray player only supports 4K UHD and not 4K
    HDR Dolby Vision. Thanks again.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

    Dolby Vision for 4K UHD Blu-ray and why not...

    Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

    good evening

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights on this topic. I would like to provide some additional information that may be helpful.

    While it is true that the Xbox does not require a separate license to play Dolby Atmos content from 4K UHD Blu-ray discs, it is important to note that Dolby Vision is a separate and distinct technology from Dolby Atmos. Dolby Vision is a high dynamic range (HDR) format that provides a wider color gamut and brighter highlights than standard dynamic range (SDR) content. Dolby Vision requires a separate license and hardware support in order to be played back on compatible devices.

    While the Xbox One S and Xbox One X do have 4K UHD Blu-ray optical drives, they do not support Dolby Vision playback. This is due to the hardware limitations of the console's optical drive, which is not capable of reading the Dolby Vision data on the disc.

    It is true that dedicated 4K UHD Blu-ray players with Dolby Vision support can be expensive, but it is also worth noting that these devices often provide superior playback quality and features compared to gaming consoles. Additionally, for those who prioritize the highest quality playback, a dedicated 4K UHD Blu-ray player may be a worthwhile investment.

    While the Xbox may not have been primarily designed as a Blu-ray player, it is still a feature that is advertised and supported by the console. As such, it is understandable that some users may be disappointed that Dolby Vision support is not available.

    Lastly, while it is true that some Blu-ray players may be quieter than the Xbox, it is worth noting that this can vary depending on the specific device and usage scenario. Some Blu-ray players may still produce audible noise during operation, while the Xbox's noise levels may vary depending on factors such as the specific game or application being used, the console's cooling system, and the ambient noise level in the room.
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

    Netflix Not Playing 4K movies

    Dolby vision is not working with UHD Blue-ray either.
Thema:

Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays?

Loading...
  1. Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays? - Similar Threads - Still Dolby Vision

  2. Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them: I checked the omega ring patch notes this morning and it said mythic achievements were available however i have updated my console and still nothing is there can someone explain this to me...
  3. Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?: I just got my first Mythic Achievement on PC, in the game INSIDE. Even though the achievement popped up during gameplay, it’s still not showing as available on my profile (and it’s not showing up...
  4. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  5. 1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?

    in XboX Insiders
    1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?: I’ve been trying to understand how to get the newly updated Remote Play to actually show at 1440p across many different test devices to no avail. I see the updated options, I can check the 1440p...
  6. Insider since mid August and still no disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider since mid August and still no disc to digital: am I the only one? is there something I am doing wrong? I’m level 3 omega and haven’t had an update come to my console since 8/19. Ive been celebrating disc to digital for almost a month before it...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Dolby Atmos Delay issue with eARC still existing?

    in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos Delay issue with eARC still existing?: I consider upgrading to an new home cinema for my xbox and wonder if this year old issue has been fixed or never will be fixed? Some say it is still there. And clear answer? submitted by...
  9. XBOX Series X - Dolby Vision still an issue ?

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Series X - Dolby Vision still an issue ?: Hi guys, I am using a XBOX Series X on a LG OLED65CS9LA. On both devices I got the latest software and firmware updates. For me, deactivating Dolby Vision brings me brighter games and less green...
  10. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

    in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...