Still getting 'online' notifications from blocked users

Discus and support Still getting 'online' notifications from blocked users in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; This has been happening for years and its really getting annoying. I always get notifications from these two random accounts. I don't know who they are... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SnuffMyBoon, Mar 10, 2023.

1. SnuffMyBoon
    SnuffMyBoon Guest

This has been happening for years and its really getting annoying. I always get notifications from these two random accounts. I don't know who they are and i have blocked them, unblocked them, reblocked them. Nothing has worked. If anyone knows anything that could even remotely help, please respond

:)

SnuffMyBoon, Mar 10, 2023
  2. sandw3ll Win User

Hey SnuffMyBoon,

I just tried this with a random account on the PC Xbox App - it seems if you block someone and then unblock them, they still remain your friend. I would try unblocking them then removing them as a friend - this might stop the notifications.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

3. Masterzulu Win User

Friends Notification Issue

Tried blocking them and yet I still get the notification when they come online, can't think of anything else to try....
  4. McLarenP1 Boy Win User

I keep getting "[player name] is online" notifications from people I already blocked or removed from friends list

Tried removing my profile from the Xbox and re-adding it. Nope. Still getting the same "[Insert blocked person's gamertag] is broadcasting [Insert game] on Mixer" and "[Insert blocked person's gamertag] is online" notifications. Also tried unblocking him
    and re-blocking him on the Xbox App on Android and then Windows 10. Nope. Still getting unnecessary notifications from him, even if I go into "Do not disturb" mode. Just no matter how many times I block him, I still get unnecessary notifications from him!
    This is really frustrating me!

At this point, the only solution I can even think of is to unblock the person in question and put him back in my friends list. He hasn't even blocked me yet, despite having told me in a message that he would block me only to not actually do so.
  5. LostSoul 301281 Win User

Stop receiving notifications from non-friends

I've followed the second suggestion, as I've power cycled a few times since first noticing these removed people still popping up.

Obviously I'll have to wait to see if this has full prevented the "is online" notifications from those people.

One side note, there is one person who I'm sure I removed before I got my Xbox One, but post X1 launch, who I still get online notifications about.

And as I said above, I was getting those notifications from people I've actually blocked since removing.

The blocking was an attempt to prevent those notifications.

Another thing, I'm still seeing certain blocked people appear in my followers list.

This is what I find the most annoying about the X1 friends system.

Why couldn't have been kept the same as the Xbox360 and simply have friend requests?

At least back then you could remove someone and you wouldn't see them come online once removed.
  6. X5 176 Win User

Issues with blocking and removing players on XBL

Yes I have tried blocking the users on my xbox one that's how blocking works isn't it? I did that and the notification STILL pops up when they come online and they aren't even on my friend list nor am I following them! It's so annoying.
Thema:

1. Still getting 'online' notifications from blocked users - Similar Threads - Still getting 'online'

2. I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...: When I don't pulse any button in my for 2 or 3 minutes then it gets darker the screen and shows me notifications and I want to know if u can cancel that e6528e8d-81ac-4f8e-9aff-bc48813a5bee
  3. Can I get a new Xbox and still have my purchases.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I get a new Xbox and still have my purchases.: I have a Xbox 1 s but I was going to buy the Xbox series s but I don’t want to lose all of my in game purchases for example in madden 24 so I was wondering if there was a way to get the Xbox...
  4. How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair: This is what I got from 2nd repair. 2024-01-09 172116.png My controller cannot charge after 3 months use. Because it is still in warranty so I tried to get it repaired. Frist time send it to...
  5. Why didn't I get a notification and my game was still playable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why didn't I get a notification and my game was still playable?: Hello Microsoft so I bought a game but it won't play and I restarted the console so when I go refund it it got approved but I didn't get a single notification that I got a refund even my game was...
  6. I blocked someone and I still get notifications their coming online

in XboX Insiders
    I blocked someone and I still get notifications their coming online: Is it a bug or something else submitted by /u/CautiousAd7033 [link] [comments]
  7. I have changed hdmi leads and ports bit still getting black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have changed hdmi leads and ports bit still getting black screen: I have changed hmdi leads and ports but still getting black screen 712ae9af-d9b1-4c35-872a-534b0a3b3d05
  8. The only answer I can get is "it's still beta"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The only answer I can get is "it's still beta": I've been using cloud gaming service for several months and encountered so many troubles as well. Like suddenly audio got muted, game freeze for few mins and start to catch up the speed again (...
  9. Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...: I was wondering if I buy the Gears of War ultimate edition on my Xbox from the Microsoft store do I also get all the games from the Gears of War collection? 3fa0da9c-9eb2-4d77-acd9-050f7117fe29
  10. Is there still any way to get this unfair year long ban lifted?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there still any way to get this unfair year long ban lifted?: Yesterday I received a year long ban that originally started out as a 2 day ban and all my appeals were denied because someone decided to spam report my account for saying the n word not the hard...