Sticky buttons

Discus and support Sticky buttons in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just got my Xbox one custom controller. The buttons are sticky as soon as I unbox it. Are they supposed to be a bit resistant... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by foxfam172, Jun 22, 2018.

1. foxfam172
    foxfam172 Guest

Sticky buttons

I just got my Xbox one custom controller. The buttons are sticky as soon as I unbox it. Are they supposed to be a bit resistant

:)

foxfam172, Jun 22, 2018
  2. Zeke656
    Zeke656 Guest
    Sticky Buttons

I have noticed my buttons on my controller are becoming sticky. ie when i press X i can feel it getting stuck down a little bit.

Is there anyuthing i can do to clean them without breaking my controller or voiding the warrenty?

Zeke656, Jun 22, 2018
  3. daymantx
    daymantx Guest
    Sticky Buttons

my controller had sticky buttons and also the joystick was not working properly. the way I fixed it was to take it apart with a

T-8H screwdriver. the get the the screws on the bottom was to take a flat head screwdriver and knock out the pin. also make sure you get the T-8H and not the T-8.the H has a hole in it to fit the pin

daymantx, Jun 22, 2018
  4. blueamcat
    blueamcat Guest

Sticky buttons

blueamcat, Jul 10, 2018
  5. blueamcat Win User

Sticky buttons

6. NVissah Win User

Sticky Buttons

This may sound a little too much , but wash your hands before you are going to play on your xbox. I do that all the time and my controller still feels the same as when i took it out of the package.
  7. daymantx Win User

Sticky Buttons

my controller had sticky buttons and also the joystick was not working properly. the way I fixed it was to take it apart with a

T-8H screwdriver. the get the the screws on the bottom was to take a flat head screwdriver and knock out the pin. also make sure you get the T-8H and not the T-8.the H has a hole in it to fit the pin
  8. ACrazyDomo Win User

Sticky Buttons

I think the best thing Ive come to find, is keeping your hands clean the best you can, and on occasion I use the AirCans, to just blow air over the controller. This can then help you to keep it clean. Even taking a soft pad or something can help.
  9. Facundo Burgos Win User

Sticky controller button

Same thing happened to mine, but mine isn't new so i can't take it back to the store :(
Thema:

Sticky buttons

1. Sticky buttons - Similar Threads - Sticky buttons

2. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  3. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  4. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  5. Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Equipment as Homebrew Buttons

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Equipment as Homebrew Buttons: Hello there, i am new to all things adaptive controller. So sorry if this question has already been asked or If it is stupid by any means. I am intending of building some homebrew buttons. Can...
  6. How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?: I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain games. The problem is that when it is connected...
  7. Xbox One Sync Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Sync Button: Hey everyone, I’ve encountered a problem with my Xbox One Project Scorpio edition, specifically with the controller sync button. It seems to only work when accessing the troubleshoot menu. Once...
  8. Holding the 'Xbox Button' not working

in XboX Insiders
    Holding the 'Xbox Button' not working: Current behaviour Pressing the 'Xbox Button' on the controller makes the controller vibrate as usual indicating that the button input has been acknowledged, however the Xbox does not display the...
  9. Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticky sticks if my dead zone is set to max?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticky sticks if my dead zone is set to max?: Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticks sticks if my dead zone is set to max? This is something that is recent and has not happen over time. When I go forward on the left stick it...
  10. L&R stick drift along w/ sticky ABXY buttons, brand new out of the box, WHY??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    L&R stick drift along w/ sticky ABXY buttons, brand new out of the box, WHY??: Why does my brand new series 2 elite controller have sticky A, B, X, & Y buttons after unboxing it? ALSO, both Left & Right sticks have stick drift really bad, also after unboxing????...