Steam settings messed up my Xbox controllers and Microsoft should know

Discus and support Steam settings messed up my Xbox controllers and Microsoft should know in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This isn't really a "questions" post but I want to take this to MS themselves. The latest version of the Steam Beta and the xbox config assistant being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CS0310, Jan 22, 2023.

1. CS0310
    CS0310 Guest

This isn't really a "questions" post but I want to take this to MS themselves. The latest version of the Steam Beta and the xbox config assistant being off forces the Xbox wireless adapter into sleep mode after some time, which makes it impossible to use wireless controllers. I've done meaningless troubleshooting on both my controller and the adapter for literal days before trying to close Steam on a whim which made my stuff work perfectly, and then I realized that it was the disabled config and opt-in to the Beta release.

I'm writing this here in the hope that the Xbox support is going to look into that, so that they will be able to incorporate this info into their efforts to assist fellow PC gamers to whom it is useless advice that they should attempt to "power-cycle" a console that they do not even have in the first place.

:)

CS0310, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Thank you so much for the feedback. Rest assured that this will be heard.
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

Left and Right Triggers not working on PC, Bluetooth Connection, Xbox One Controller, All other buttons works

Have you tried enabling Xbox Configuration support in Steam?

Open Steam
    Click "Steam" at the top of left corner of the window

Select "Settings"

On the left panel of the settings menu, select "Controller".

Once inside the controller menu, click the button that says "General controller settings".

A window should pop up for "Controller Settings". Click the checkboxes for "Xbox Configuration Support" and "Xbox Extended Feature Support". Restart your PC once prompted.

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Can I map the microsoft adaptive controller for PC gaming?

Hi . My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Steam should recognise it as a standard Xbox controller, and accept inputs based on what was mapped in the Xbox Accessories app.

Go into your Steam settings, go to Controller, and ensure 'Enable Steam Input for Xbox controllers' is enabled. From there, it should work in almost any game.
  5. Jessica Henry Win User

Fortnite parental control/xbox

Hi there, I am controlling it through xbox itself. I could attempt to set up a Microsoft safety account, but I don't want to further mess up any settings that are already in place. I'm thinking maybe I should contact Xbox directly. Or Epic games... I'm not sure....
  6. Daniel M2018 Win User

Ark isn't turning on? How do I fix?

could my steam account be messing it up?
Thema:

1. Steam settings messed up my Xbox controllers and Microsoft should know - Similar Threads - Steam settings messed

2. does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?: If not where can I go to if I need help with a xbox game? Aside from the generic 3 options of course.. being: Xbox Support Website Xbox Support App Microsoft Community Forums Because if i...
  3. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  4. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  5. New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable)

in XBoX on Windows
    New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable): I just started up my brand new IBUYPOWER computer with MSI motherboard, i7 13700f, got everything updated on microsoft and everything else needed. downloaded Steam and Day Z and everytime I click...
  6. Xbox controller problem on Steam.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller problem on Steam.: I'm playing The Talos Principle 2 on Steam desktop with an Xbox controller. There are two functions (so far) in the game I can't do using the controller. One is climbing ladders and the other is...
  7. Xbox elite 2 won't connect to steam deck.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 won't connect to steam deck.: I just got a Steam Deck OLED and I am disappointed to learn that I cannot connect my Elite 2 controller to it. I was able to connect the original core controler after updating the firmware. I was...
  8. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  9. I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes: I'm not sure if this is an issue with steam, the game or the PC so I'm just gonna post here first, I got a new computer for my birthday because I wanted to play a 3D dungeon crawler RPG (I...
  10. Set Sail with Sea of Thieves on Steam – Coming Soon

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Set Sail with Sea of Thieves on Steam – Coming Soon: For two years, pirates across the globe have set out in their droves to uncover the mysteries of the Sea of Thieves. Brave buccaneers have taken on Megalodons, repelled the killer Kraken and...