Steam is opening extremely slow at windows start menu but not from notifications

Discus and support Steam is opening extremely slow at windows start menu but not from notifications in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title suggest if i click steam from windows start menu it will take 10-15 to register but if i try to do it from notifications at the bottom... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mares xyz, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Mares xyz
    Mares xyz Guest

Steam is opening extremely slow at windows start menu but not from notifications

As the title suggest if i click steam from windows start menu it will take 10-15 to register but if i try to do it from notifications at the bottom right side of the screen i dont experience any problem. I have an AMD (driver 22.5.1) cpu and from what i read online this issue dates back to 2016 but the fixes i found online have not worked for me.

:)

Mares xyz, Aug 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Mares

Please answer the following question to assist you properly:

Is your windows up to date and everything? (If not, please check for new updates via Windows settings)

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

When this issue started happening?

And, tell me which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I'll be waiting for you reply
  3. Mares xyz Win User

4. JamesGHil Win User

Hi there!

I'm sorry you are to encounter disappointment with a Microsoft feature today.

I hope to answer your query on:

Steam is opening extremely slow at windows start menu but not from notifications.

Heads-up; I'm an Independant Advisor, not a Microsoft official employee. Any linked attachments may not be verified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Microsoft answers site may not be right for your issue? For example here (on the Steam site), one says it is perfectly normal due to updates. To relate perfectly with you, I have Windows 11 installed with the latest version of steam.

When you directly open it from the start menu, it has not been fully opened in the background yet. Which means you're opening & checking for updates.

When you open from notifications it is open in the background meaning it is just showing the window. Find the steam logo, once opened then exited, in the tray when clicking the upwards arrow of the taskbar. Then try opening it. It will open directly and straight away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this information is helpful.
  5. Mares xyz Win User

Hi,

All drivers are up to date

Win11

About a week since i bought the new laptop

I have tried reinstalling windows and steam. Cleared download cache on steam. Tried opening steam as administrator. None of it worked so far.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update, well... it seems that everything points to an issue with Steam itself

And even more if you reinstalled Windows from scratch. (and assuming you're not using an insider version)

If you're are willing to do, I can advise you another three things:

1. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there (except Steam) > restart your PC and try again

2. Try installing the Steam beta app and check if the issue persist there:

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/276C...

3. Install instead / go back to Windows 10 (in case you need a tutorial)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

In any case, the next step will be reach Steam support:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php...

**This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Steam is opening extremely slow at windows start menu but not from notifications - Similar Threads - Steam opening extremely

2. does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?: If not where can I go to if I need help with a xbox game? Aside from the generic 3 options of course.. being: Xbox Support Website Xbox Support App Microsoft Community Forums Because if i...
  3. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  4. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  5. New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable)

in XBoX on Windows
    New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable): I just started up my brand new IBUYPOWER computer with MSI motherboard, i7 13700f, got everything updated on microsoft and everything else needed. downloaded Steam and Day Z and everytime I click...
  6. Xbox controller problem on Steam.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller problem on Steam.: I'm playing The Talos Principle 2 on Steam desktop with an Xbox controller. There are two functions (so far) in the game I can't do using the controller. One is climbing ladders and the other is...
  7. Xbox elite 2 won't connect to steam deck.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 won't connect to steam deck.: I just got a Steam Deck OLED and I am disappointed to learn that I cannot connect my Elite 2 controller to it. I was able to connect the original core controler after updating the firmware. I was...
  8. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  9. How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links: I just recently fully reset my PC and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. I reinstalled Steam and the Xbox App as well as the Xbox console companion. I also installed Sea of Thieves on Steam, since this...
  10. forza horizon 5 wont open on steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 wont open on steam: not sure whats goin on, but the game wont fully boot. ive tried restartin my pc, deletin and redownloadin the game, and installin the newest gpu drivers, but for some reason it will only load the...