Steam - Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Can't login, defunct email is only option presented

Discus and support Steam - Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Can't login, defunct email is only option presented in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My steam account achievements will attest that I've successfully logged in the past as I've beaten all games in the Halo: MCC on legendary solo. Now... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Remaster1UP, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Remaster1UP
    Remaster1UP Guest

Steam - Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Can't login, defunct email is only option presented

My steam account achievements will attest that I've successfully logged in the past as I've beaten all games in the Halo: MCC on legendary solo. Now that I want to revisit those games for a 3rd, or 4th time, I magically can't log in.

Trying to log in, it pulls up some email I used years ago. I switched all my accounts off that email including my Microsoft account. I couldn't imagine this being an issue because when trying to log in there is an option to "Sign in with a different Microsoft account." However, clicking this link just refreshes the log in prompt with the years-old email. Clicking it multiple times freezes all ability to attempt to login for a short period of time.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it... which is a rather large download considering it is multiple games, two remastered even. This resolved nothing, same issue is still occurring.

The prompt asks to post error messages. There are none. It just reloads the login screen with the years-old defunct email address. It does not give an option to enter my account's current login information.

While the account is technically the same account, the email was updated years ago. Please advise how I can log in to Halo: MCC with my account using my new email address associated with the account.

:)

Remaster1UP, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Remaster1UP,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we are here to help. As per description, you are having issue signing in to Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

To understand it better, we would like to ask some questions about it.

1. What platform are you using?
    2. If you are on windows 10, can you check if you are signed into the Xbox App on Windows 10?
    3. When did the problem start?
    4. Are there changes made that may cause the issue?

Let's try some solution that we have search. (You may just skip the steps if you have done it already)

Solution 1:

Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically. 4. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner ''download and updates'' and click on ''get updates'' and update everything. After these steps try again.

Solution 2:

Make sure you signed into the Xbox App on Windows 10.

Are all your Xbox Services running on your computer (To check this, type System config in Cortana).

The ones you are looking for are:

• Xbox Auth Manager
    • Xbox Live Authenticater
    • Xbox Live Networking
    • Xbox Live Game Save
    If they are not ticked, this means they are not running. Tick them and select apply. You may need to restart your computer/device.

Solution 3:
    These steps can help you, give it a try.

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app
    2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store in the Windows bar, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this with the game too.
    3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner ''download and updates'' and click on ''get updates'' and update everything. After these steps try again.
    5. Login with your account again in both apps and try again.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Remaster1UP,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. kuruczpa Win User

XBOTS ROLL OUT

Halo: Master Chief Collection for me :) can't wait!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

XBox1 playing discs, not online

Halo Reach is not on the Master Chief Collection disc, only the Halo CE, 2, 3 & 4 are. If you want to play Halo reach, then you can purchase the dlc for the Master Chief Collection or download the Backward Compatible version.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Add Halo 3 to Xbox One

Thema:

1. Steam - Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Can't login, defunct email is only option presented - Similar Threads - Steam Halo Master

2. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  3. i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able...: i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able to play online without a gold membership will this work with other xbox games that are on steam?...
  4. Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on Steam don't work on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on Steam don't work on Windows 11: When they came out they worked fine, but now when I launch either game on Steam I get a black screen and the game locks up. I have a good system, Ryzen 7 5800X and RTX 4070 with 16gb of RAM, games...
  5. How can I get Halo MCC progress from Xbox to Steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get Halo MCC progress from Xbox to Steam?: Hello, I have played halo mcc on Xbox since release. I have completed the campaigns etc. When I play on PC Xbox gamepass, I have all my progress. I purchased MCC on steam last night. I linked...
  6. I've been having an issue with Halo MCC on Steam, I am unable to play the campaigns with him.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been having an issue with Halo MCC on Steam, I am unable to play the campaigns with him.: The more specific part I'll mention here is that we are both on separate versions of Windows. I am on Windows 11 and he is on Windows 10, I think this is why we're experiencing technical issues....
  7. Halo Master Chief Collection says I don't have campaigns installed but I do (Steam)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection says I don't have campaigns installed but I do (Steam): Greetings, as I mentioned in the title after I install the game with any of the DLCs I go in and log into Xbox account and go to the game. I try to launch a campaign it says the content isn't...
  8. Halo Master Chief Collection Steam. Not connecting to online servers.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection Steam. Not connecting to online servers.: When I Open the game and try to play online, it refuses to connect to any servers. My internet connection is fine, I even tried verifying my files and reinstalling the game twice but nothing has...
  9. Buying Halo: Master Chief Collection after downloading it for free on a STEAM sale

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Halo: Master Chief Collection after downloading it for free on a STEAM sale: Greetings! Over the weekend of October 16-17, 2021, I downloaded Halo: MCE for free. I played it for about 11 because I got busy and didn't get enough time to play it for the rest of the weekend....
  10. Halo Master Chief Collection sign in problem in Steam

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo Master Chief Collection sign in problem in Steam: Yesterday i did change of my gametag and after this i sign out of my xbox live account in MCC and i have a loop problem like "error encountered while signing into xbox live" retry/cancel, this is...