Steam Controller on Ipad Game Pass

Discus and support Steam Controller on Ipad Game Pass in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi ! I want to play Sea of Thieves on my Ipad using the game pass app but i lost my xbox controller, I have a steam controller but i can't try right... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by LePauleon, Jun 29, 2021.

1. LePauleon
    LePauleon Guest

Hi !

I want to play Sea of Thieves on my Ipad using the game pass app but i lost my xbox controller,

I have a steam controller but i can't try right now, is it possible to play with it ?

Thanks !

:)

LePauleon, Jun 29, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

3. Obsessive Power Win User

about Steam

I found two 'G83' controllers controllers that are from 'Havit'. The first one was a PlayStation type controller, I doubt this is yours as it dates back to 2002. The second found was an 'HV-G83' which looks like an imitation Xbox 360 controller.

From the setup of the controller it looks like it's just Direct Input device as Windows just see's it as a generic 'USB controller'. Steam can use its own software to interpret many types of DirectInput controllers into Xinput, which would explain why your controller is working in Steam.

As this is only a cheap generic controller designed to mimic the look of an Xbox 360 pad it won't work for PC games from the Windows Store or Game-Pass as it doesn't support Xinput. Most Game-Pass and Windows Store games are locked in an encrypted folder, so you won't be able to add them to Steam as a non-Steam game.

I suggest you purchase a new controller. Even the Amazon basics Xbox controller is better than this really poor controler.
  4. Martin.Dalpiaz Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC (and all Windows store PC games) needs support for other game controllers

It's pretty much in the title. Game Pass games only work with Xbox One controllers but I would really like to sometimes use a PS4 controller or maybe 8Bitdo SNES controller (I don't know how third party wheel or flight controller support is but I am betting
    it's not the best either). but you need to use workaround software that emulates Xinput devices.

this has been a feature on steam for a long time and you can even load custom profiles per game. it's a really necessary feature for PC games especially the broad genres featured on Game Pass.

There are a lot of features and fixes still needed on Game Pass PC but this is a really big one that needs to be addressed. I'm sure this is not a difficult issue to solve since games that do support many controllers on steam don't on the Game Pass versions.
  5. Martin.Dalpiaz Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC (and all Windows store PC games) needs support for other game controllers

It's pretty much in the title. Game Pass games only work with Xbox One controllers but I would really like to sometimes use a PS4 controller or maybe 8Bitdo SNES controller (I don't know how third party wheel or flight controller support is but I am betting
    it's not the best either). but you need to use workaround software that emulates Xinput devices.

this has been a feature on steam for a long time and you can even load custom profiles per game. it's a really necessary feature for PC games especially the broad genres featured on Game Pass.

There are a lot of features and fixes still needed on Game Pass PC but this is a really big one that needs to be addressed. I'm sure this is not a difficult issue to solve since games that do support many controllers on steam don't on the Game Pass versions.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

Steam Controller with Game Pass on PC?

basically no, gamepass is picky when it comes to controllers, they prefer ones that use x-input only, the anti cheat in gamepass games is the exact same used in steam games and ubi games and origin games etc etc.
Thema:

1. Steam Controller on Ipad Game Pass - Similar Threads - Steam Controller Ipad

2. does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?: If not where can I go to if I need help with a xbox game? Aside from the generic 3 options of course.. being: Xbox Support Website Xbox Support App Microsoft Community Forums Because if i...
  3. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  4. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  5. New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable)

in XBoX on Windows
    New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable): I just started up my brand new IBUYPOWER computer with MSI motherboard, i7 13700f, got everything updated on microsoft and everything else needed. downloaded Steam and Day Z and everytime I click...
  6. Xbox controller problem on Steam.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller problem on Steam.: I'm playing The Talos Principle 2 on Steam desktop with an Xbox controller. There are two functions (so far) in the game I can't do using the controller. One is climbing ladders and the other is...
  7. Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?: I just need to know where you can install the driver or do people want me to try develop the driver, if I can have some guidelines I believe I can do it with Windows Visual Studio Code and node.js...
  8. I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.: It works fine in the menu and to naviagte before the game; but starting at the game menu, it pushes up. it's not a controller issue and I just want to know if anyoner else has had this problem....
  9. Steam on Xbox One/Steam games with Controller support

in XboX Insiders
    Steam on Xbox One/Steam games with Controller support: Will there ever be a way for us to get steams games with partial controller support on Xbox? (Specifically Geometry Dash and stuff) submitted by /u/InsanekidzZP [link] [comments]
  10. Forza horizon 4 (xbox parental control) Edit: bought the game on steam!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza horizon 4 (xbox parental control) Edit: bought the game on steam!: Hi, so I have been getting issues with the Xbox parental control setting. I am 18 and I'm not in any family organization I did the Xbox privacy settings submitted restarted my pc and then it works...