Steady orange light xbox one but won’t reset

Discus and support Steady orange light xbox one but won’t reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one PSU has a steady orange light. I have tried everything on the forums to reset the power surge but it hasn’t worked. I bought a new PSU but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andrew Roberts2, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Steady orange light xbox one but won’t reset

My Xbox one PSU has a steady orange light. I have tried everything on the forums to reset the power surge but it hasn’t worked. I bought a new PSU but as soon as I plugged it to power in it had the orange light as well and I had not even plugged into the xbox yet. How do I get my console working again?

:)

Andrew Roberts2, Feb 9, 2023
  2. Saad Raza1 Win User

If your Xbox One has a steady orange light, it means that the console is in a low-power state and will not turn on. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Power cycle the console: To power cycle your Xbox One, unplug the power cable from the back of the console, wait 10 seconds, and then plug the cable back in. Turn on the console and see if the issue has been resolved.
    2. Check the power supply: Make sure that the power supply is properly connected to both the console and the wall outlet. If the power supply is damaged or has become disconnected, it may cause the orange light to appear.
    3. Check for updates: Make sure that your Xbox One has the latest updates installed. Check for any available updates for the console in the settings menu.
    4. Remove accessories: If you have any accessories connected to the console, such as an external hard drive or a Kinect sensor, try disconnecting them and see if the issue is resolved.
    5. Factory reset the console: If the issue persists, you may want to perform a factory reset of the console. This will erase all of the data and settings on the console, so be sure to back up any important data before proceeding.
    Note: If you continue to experience issues with your Xbox One, you may want to reach out to Xbox Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional guidance or repair options.
  3. Andrew Roberts2 Win User

Thx. How do I factory reset without power? Same for checking for updates. I have tried all the things you have suggested and the orange light is on both PSUs
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox not powering on and no display on TV through HDMI

May I know if after resetting your Xbox One power supply the light color was a steady orange or light, or was the power supply light blinking?
  5. ValerieBridgeman Win User

Xbox One Won't Turn On

From what I read steady orange light means that it is power saving mode. I just can't get it to go from orange to white.
  6. ChristienHage Win User

having trouble launching my xbox one

I tried another power outlet and still it did not work. my power brick lights orange when its of and lights white when i turn the council on, the light is steady and does not blink.
Thema:

1. Steady orange light xbox one but won’t reset - Similar Threads - Steady orange light

2. Orange light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Orange light: I have the original Xbox, one with a steady orange light. It will not power on, but even when the power supply is not plugged into a wall, I cannot power it on. It makes no noise no lights come...
  3. Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset: Hi, Was turning on my headset and I could not hear anything but my friends could hear me so I restarted the headset but now it is just slow blinking orange and will not respond to anything but...
  4. Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems: I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my microphone cut out for some time, then went...
  5. how do i remove the orange triangle from my party chat on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how do i remove the orange triangle from my party chat on pc: on the party chat on game bar, there is an orange triangle with no text and my voice input only works when my game bar is open. ive tried so many way to fix it but none of them do anything....
  6. I really want to orange box to come back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I really want to orange box to come back: I love half-life but I had to sell my pc because I did t have enough money now I have an Xbox I would love to have the orange box come back so o can play half-life...
  7. How do i get the orange box in 2023?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get the orange box in 2023?: I have seen people get the orange box from this link : https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f but when i have tried it, it kept reverting...
  8. the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace: I wanted to purchase the orange box off of xbox 360 marketplace for my xbox series s but i can only download the demo version which does not work on series s did it get removed?...
  9. Can you still get orange box on the series x/s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you still get orange box on the series x/s?: I'm looking all over the place and its not for sale anywhere online. a2122820-ea06-46d8-8c11-7c6e122db0df
  10. The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X: So I inserted an Xbox 360 disc of the Orange Box and my Xbox Series X just redirects to the blu-ray player. There doesn’t seem to be any scratches on the disc and I cleaned it too. I tried doing a...