Staying connected to Xbox live with 360

Discus and support Staying connected to Xbox live with 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem with my xbox connecting to xbox live. If I turn the xbox on while the tv is off and then turn the tv on it will be connected... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DoubleD313, Jan 4, 2014.

1. DoubleD313
    DoubleD313 Guest

Hi, I'm having a problem with my xbox connecting to xbox live. If I turn the xbox on while the tv is off and then turn the tv on it will be connected until a start a game up or try and access any of the xbox live tabs on my dashboard, but if I start the
    xbox up while the tv is on it will never connect to live. I am using wireless and have tried all of the troubleshooting methods for other nonconnecting issues but nothing has worked. If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

:)

DoubleD313, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Mungbufu
    Mungbufu Guest
    Staying connected to Xbox live.

I would like to know why, as a paying customer, why is it that i am unable to stay connected to xbox live for an extended period of time. I will constantly lose connection to the service without losing connection to the internet whatsoever, and it has gotten
    to the point that i am unable to enjoy playing just about any online gaming whatsoever. I do not believe that this is a very good way to treat a paying customer to a service that has constantly degraded for me over these past few months, almost to the point
    that i have considered just discontinuing my gold account and going with your competitors seeing as how i have never had these problems with them to this date. I would like an answer, seeing as to how i pay 60 dollars a year for a service thats garbage, and
    not a dime for one that seems to have less than half the problems this one has of late.

Mungbufu, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Staying connected to Xbox live.

Greetings, Mungbufu. I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting to LIVE. I know connection issues can be frustrating, and I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. With that said, I would be more than happy to help get this sorted
    for you and hopefully provide some insight into why this is happening. To get started I'll need a little information about your setup/connection. Let's begin by filling out your responses to the questions in bold below:

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

Thanks in advance, Mungbufu. I'm standing by if you have any questions.

Mister Darcy-9112DFBA-C8F5-4A28-894C-8B6135A0967B, Jan 4, 2014
  4. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Xbox 360 will not stay connected to Live

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

Are you on a wired or wireless connection? Approximately how far is your console in Feet from your Router if wireless? Could you also run a speedtest by going to
    http://speedtest.net/ and post back a screen shot of the results?

Could you also try following this troubleshooting wizard below to see if that helps?

Randomly Disconnected From Xbox Live

Cheers!
  5. fohf Win User

xbox 360 live not staying connected

There must be something different on xbl's side cause I too have only recently had the same issue. I get disconnected from live without notification every couple minutes. The connection test says everything is fine. This only started a few days ago and I've
    had zero problems for 2 years.
  6. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Just to confirm then, did you connect your console directly to your modem via an ethernet cable? If so, did you notice that the issue persisted? Thanks for confirming that for me!
  7. Tempty69 Win User

My modem is siemens speedstream 4200

my router brand is netgear model #FS605

UNPNP unknown

don't know about any nat codes errors, and error codes just says that I cannot connect.

My isp provider is windstream.

It was running just fine for 3 weeks and the last 2 weeks it has been cutting out every 10 minutes. I tried all the previous replies to troubleshoot, and still getting kicked off :(
  8. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Hey there, MarineCupid. I can definitely appreciate that you've tried a lot of troubleshooting steps so far. Can you please tell us what those are and also fill out the questions in bold here? This will help provide us some extra context into your situation
    so we can offer you the best steps going forward. In addition, can you double check the status code you posted above to make sure it's accurate?

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

Thanks very much! Standing by for your response.
Thema:

1. Staying connected to Xbox live with 360 - Similar Threads - Staying connected live

2. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  3. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  4. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  5. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  6. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  7. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...
  8. I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...: I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the resolution set in the xbox but I could be wrong. What can/should i do? e3649c21-c662-4599-907a-968aa551fe07
  9. any 1 else having issue with xbox live and staying connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    any 1 else having issue with xbox live and staying connected: just tried to go on and it keeps logging me out saids my net is fine and my pc is connected just fine but xbox s is refusing to stay connected b1822887-8198-4e76-860b-4f1ab66d6dca
  10. Cannot stay connect to Xbox Live when playing Minecraft Windows 10 version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot stay connect to Xbox Live when playing Minecraft Windows 10 version: I'm currently having an issue where when I open Minecraft for Windows 10 it shows that I have connected to xbox live, but as soon as I enter one of my worlds it disconnects me so I can't use the...