static and crackling sound on my game when I join a party using the Xbox app

Discus and support static and crackling sound on my game when I join a party using the Xbox app in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; my audio seems to be perfectly fine on my headset when im not in a party on the xbox app but as soon as i join a party it changes my audio and makes... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jack Doran, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Jack Doran
    Jack Doran Guest

my audio seems to be perfectly fine on my headset when im not in a party on the xbox app but as soon as i join a party it changes my audio and makes all my games and apps sound terrible, it goes quieter and sound all static can someone please help me resolve this issue

***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Devices and drivers***

:)

Jack Doran, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Jack Doran,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are hearing your game, apps sound terrible on Xbox app while joining a party. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We know how important it is for you to be connected to your friends while in the middle of the game. To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. We notice that this thread was categorize under Windows 10. Knowing that you are describing your issue on PC. May we know if the issue persists if you use the Xbox app for mobile for joining a party?
    2. May we confirm when you said Xbox app, do you mean this application Xbox App or you mean Xbox Game Bar?
    3. May we ask for the make and model of your headset?
    4. May we know if this issue happens even if you use a different headset?
    5. If you were about to join a party, will issue persist if you have your audio output to speaker of your computer or phone?

Support articles for your reference:

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows | Xbox Support

Try different audio formats for party chat | Xbox Support

Enable mono audio on your Xbox console or Windows device | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Ghoul xo Win User

Why is the Xbox App Broken Since the Last Update?

Is it playing static on your end or your friends? When I join a friends party they say they hear a weed Wacker sound coming from my mic and can't hear anything I say to them
    Yes thats it, just blasts static but if I put playback on I can't hear it, so it's entirely the app.
  5. HrC Primitive Win User

Turtle Beach Earforce X1 & Microsoft Headset Stereo Adapter - microphone not recognised

Same thing happening to me with my astro a40 they produce a crackling static sound when i speak in game or party chat! ITS SO STUPID there freaking adapter does not even work right after they make there chat port a *** proprietary connection and charge us
    freaking money for a adapter! The sad part is my astro a50s get here on monday before titanfall and i wont be able to use them do to this stupid noise...
  6. Ryan99025 Win User

Xbox App (windows 10) loud crackling noise in parties.

Hello there

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having a crackling sound in parties with your Xbox Live Parties on Windows 10. Are you using a headset or your computers speakers and Microphone? Have you tried uninstalling
    and reinstalling the app itself? When you use your headset plugged in to your phone does it crackle? Let us know with a reply how it goes.

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10
    Hi, I just tested it and it works fine on mobile. I just got a new headset for Christmas so I don't think it matters about that. The crackle also happened with my old headset. No, I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app itself.
Thema:

1. static and crackling sound on my game when I join a party using the Xbox app - Similar Threads - static crackling sound

2. Xbox series static screen fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series static screen fix: I've had a couple Xbox Series S With the gray static screen If you have this issue and have replaced the port and even the retimer chip and it still not working. Enter safe mode and reset...
  3. Static screen on Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static screen on Xbox series X?: Has anyone else got a static screen freeze on their Xbox? I was playing and it completely froze up on me I noticed that in games that have ray tracing my Xbox struggles to keep up and it was in a...
  4. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  5. Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue): Hi, would appreciate any help on this as I'm close to banging my head against the wall. I have an Xbox Series X and received Three 5G hub at the start of the month, worked fine with an ethernet...
  6. Astro a50 static issue on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a50 static issue on series X: I have a set of Astro A50s that I have used for about 2 years with zero issue. Now during use of the headset there is a static noise every 2 minutes or so on YouTube or spotify but on Netflix it...
  7. EOLO-Xbox NAT and static IP problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    EOLO-Xbox NAT and static IP problems: Good morning, I have an Xbox S series connected to the Eolo wifi network. I have two problems: NAT appears to be limited despite having opened all the necessary ports on the router. Furthermore,...
  8. Xbox series x showing static on LG OLED

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x showing static on LG OLED: Xbox series x is connected to the LG OLED via the Xbox series x 2.0 HDMI cable. Yet for streaming apps, YouTube, a game or two the screen goes to static. Sometimes it goes away on its own and...
  9. Mics do not work on xbox cloud gaming/when they rarely do work its nothing but static mess

in XboX Insiders
    Mics do not work on xbox cloud gaming/when they rarely do work its nothing but static mess: Why is the mic option so awful? It doesn't work half the time and when it does it's glitchy and almost impossible to make out what someone is saying through the static. Is anyone else having this...
  10. How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?: Hi, I've had my Xbox one X for many years, and starting last year I began having issues where my LG TVs video signal would randomly start to cutout every few seconds. It shows static, then...